Nuendo 6.07 same issue from Sept of 2013 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nuendo 6.07 same issue from Sept of 2013
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Nuendo 6.07 same issue from Sept of 2013

hi. hoping Guillermo Navarrete will see this ...

i have an issue of Cascading Feedback that will take out your speakers if you are not nearby to catch it using N6.02 up to 6.05 i believe (has been quite awhile now) ... i had sent my session file to josh at steinberg / yamaha sept of 2013 and never had resolution. now on a fresh install of Mavericks and N6.07 i have the same issue ... it can be re-created and josh told me that he could re-create it ... but still no resolution after 6 months. i am not confident using N6 with this issue and am thinking of selling the product due to this ... i almost blew up my Dynaudio Bm15a's today again as it starts out slow and builds up with no way to stop it .. sometimes you can force quit the program and sometimes you cannot ... i would love to send you this session as it seems it is falling on deaf ears through email ..

please tell me if there is a way for me to send you this session. i love the software but cannot afford to have my monitors with the woofers shredded ..

thank you john
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hello,

But, it only happens with that particular session? Can you write a step by step guide to reproduce the issue?
If you already sent the issue to the USA support, he probably already reported it to the HQ and it is under investigation.
It is the first time I hear about this, do you know about anyone else having the same issue?

Best regards,
GN
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
hi guillermo, there is a spike that causes this ... i have no idea how the spike was created in the first place ... there was no spike in the recording ... it materialized well after the recording was done ... very strange ... i sent the session over in sept 2013 ... i can send it to you if you like as i feel it has fallen through the cracks at this point ... and if you have no knowledge of it it sort of confirms my fears that it has not been seen by anyone ... i had a couple long phone conversations with USA support and sent the session to them with how it happened and they could re-create it ..

step by step:

i recorded a guitar track, played it back many times without incident. i added a the Saturation plugin (built-in to N6) and it caused the spike as far as i know ...

thank you for your help

john
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hello,

The fact that I have not heard of anything similar doesn't mean it has not been sent to the HQ, I am not in the support.
I guess what happened is that USA support send it to our distributors support, then it was forwarded to our QA, QA couldn't reproduce it... end of story.

I have been playing two guitar recordings that I have from my band on Nuendo 6.0.7.
Two mono tracks Guitar L and R.
On one I applied Tape Saturation from the channel strip and on the other one the Tube Saturation plug-in.
They have been playing all day (I am a bit tired of those riffs by now)... and I do not notice anything strange.
Although I am listening it through my headphones as I am at the office, I am using the CI2+ interface.

Have you tried importing this two tracks into a new session, does it happens again?

Best regards,
GN
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
ok .. Guillermo, please do not take any of this the wrong way - it is difficult to express yourself in words and i am happy to have your support here - starting over from scratch ... if you would like to look at my session thats cool and i have included it, with the Glitch as I call it .. if not, i understand as well ... i have also added a video clip of what it sounds like when you hit the Glitch (Blast) ... NOT Everyone has My Same System, as I am sure you understand this very well (stating the obvious) ... and so some may not be able to re-create but USA support was able to re-create with my session including the spike ... they have not responded to my latest emails (within the last 2 weeks) but i will keep trying ...

yes, i can open new sessions and not have the issue ... including Tape Sat plugin and similar tracks ... the Spike I speak of was not recorded it was created by N6 in a section of the track that was empty after adding Tape Sat ... there is no guitar playing when the the spike happened it was Virgin ish territory (hate to use that phrase because N6 has a feature called that but this is best words i can think of) ...

"I guess what happened is that USA support send it to our distributors support, then it was forwarded to our QA, QA couldn't reproduce it... end of story." END OF STORY (not yelling just making a point) ... for Steinberg it is the end of story but Not for ME .. i still have this potential issue ... and the danger of my Monitors exploding ... and am hoping to help anyone else that may have a similar issue. i sincerely wish to help others as you help us here ..

here is an video clip (mp4 zipped) of what it sounds like and my session file ... maybe this is something that will ring a bell with you ... you should enjoy this

again thank you so much for your help ...

john
Attached Files
File Type: zip N6 Blast.MP4.zip (1.27 MB, 16 views) File Type: zip N6 Glitch.zip (51.3 KB, 14 views)
πŸ“ Reply