Nuendo Edit Mode in Cubase 7 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nuendo Edit Mode in Cubase 7
Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx ➑️
Well holy ****ing crap....., it works on Cubase 6.5 on Mac too! I REALLY hope they don't pull that line of code out before I can update to 7.5. This + Track Versions is really all I need to fully move all my music/production duties to Cubase from PT.
You're welcome
Old 6th December 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
It's also working with Cubase 6.5 windows 8. :thumbup:

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk
Old 6th December 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Is there a similar way to activate the possibility of multiple marker tracks in cubase?
Old 6th December 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbe tom ➑️
Is there a similar way to activate the possibility of multiple marker tracks in cubase?
We'll have to ask sambosun

Old 7th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbe tom ➑️
I think that is not part of the default settings but I'll give this a try and let you know.
Old 7th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Coming from Logic. Why are there no track versions for the marker track in Cubase 7.5???

In Logic you can have up to 9 different marker track versions.
Old 7th December 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is absolutely amazeballs! Thanks for posting this.

Steinberg: Please for the love of all that is awesome DO NOT CHANGE THIS .
Old 7th December 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I can't seem to find a video explaining how edit mode in Nuendo works.

Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasFL ➑️
I can't seem to find a video explaining how edit mode in Nuendo works.

Yeah I'm still not sure what this function does? anyone wanna post a video instruction?
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikbeat ➑️
Yeah I'm still not sure what this function does? anyone wanna post a video instruction?
Why not just try it? Change the setting as described in this thread; Launch Cubase; Load a video and try moving an audio clip around and see what happens.

Alistair
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow ➑️
Why not just try it? Change the setting as described in this thread; Launch Cubase; Load a video and try moving an audio clip around and see what happens.

Alistair
I did. It just moves. Nothing else happens. What is supposed to happen? :confused:

Old 4th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
One example, Select an event in one of your Cubase projects and have the cursor line placed far away from the selected event in stop mode. The moment you press play, regardless of where the cursor is, the cursor will play from the start of the selected event.

A great find too! I hope they don't remove this feature in today's 7.07 update
Old 6th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Another great find: it can be enabled in Cubase simply by setting up a Generic Midi controller and assigning an on/off controller to "editMode" command found under the transport midi commands in the controller assignment drop down list. Thanks to kdm @ vi-control
Old 8th February 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've now heard this has been REMOVED as of the latest update. Can anyone confirm? I'm wondering if it's at least still buried in the defaults.xml file.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
It's working fine in 7.07 at least.

Regards,
Daniel
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It's still in the XML file and it's still in the generic remote command. My feeling, it's just broken for now.

I've filed an issue on the steinberg forum. I recommend everyone who needs this feature working again to head over and speak out.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55161
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambosun ➑️
It's still in the XML file and it's still in the generic remote command. My feeling, it's just broken for now.

I've filed an issue on the steinberg forum. I recommend everyone who needs this feature working again to head over and speak out.

www.steinberg.net • View topic - Generic Remote EDIT MODE not working
If this isn't an official Cubase feature, I'm not sure bringing attention to this really is the smart thing to do. It isn't documented which makes me believe Steinberg don't really want people to use it and it is supposed to be a Nuendo feature but exists in Cubase due to the shared code.

Steinberg can probably ignore the fact that some people have found a way to use the feature anyway but if it becomes widely known, they might do something about it... I hope I am wrong.

Alistair
Old 8th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think in this day and age such a feature that any other DAW I know of has shouldn't be left out of Cubase. Nobody I know of bought Nuendo instead of Cubase because of its edit mode feature. A frame sync editing approach should be a de facto standart in any DAW.
Logic does it, so does Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper, Live.

I'm using video outside of Cubase anyways. As long as edit mode is enabled and it's sending MTC I'm fine. Nuendo is not an option for me personally.
Workarounds are always involved in any creative area but disabling this feature just because somebody brought the attention to it would be a poor and disappointing statement from a developer like steinberg.

The good news is it seems pretty easy for steinberg to enable edit mode.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Something tells me this feature isn't coming back. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 9th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
after 7.5.1......no more editmode...
Any solution?
Old 9th February 2014 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx ➑️
Something tells me this feature isn't coming back. Hope I'm wrong.
Well doesn't it seem like the solution to get this edit mode was to patch the code? If so it was never intended to be in Cubase and by making it public and telling Steinberg exactly what was needed to get it to work people gave Steinberg the heads up on how to "fix" it. Seems like a "bad" idea to make it public in the first place.
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Again. Edit Mode or whatever we would call it should be a basic feature whenever a DAW supports sound to picture.
Leaving it out would only make sense if Cubase wouldn't support Video at all. I'm still confident that it will get fixed.
I totally understand that a tool like Sequel doesn't inherited such a feature.

Also not everyone is relying on Edit Mode as far as I understand.
Old 10th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Can anyone confirm or deny if this feature is still gone as of the latest update (7.5.20) released yesterday?
Old 11th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
No. Steinberg is positioning it as a Nuendo only feature now.
Had to go back to logic for a recent scoring project. Maybe it's just me but EditMode is a workflow feature I rely on when scoring to picture.

Maybe we should file a complaint against Steinberg or evaluate through a poll to show them that EditMode should be in Cubase and not only Nuendo.

Because of this situation I'm considering leaving the Steinberg ship. The only way to work the EditMode way is staying with 7.5.0

I'm more fluent in Logic anyway but really like a couple of features where EditMode was one of them followed by track visibility management.
Old 11th April 2014 | Show parent
Deleted #265368
If we got all Nuendo features in Cubase. What then?
If Steinberg should continue to have two different apps, one Music and one Post application (Steinberg's own words), they have to draw the line somewhere.

EditMode for sound to picture, is one of the easiest to distinguish as a Post only feature IMO.

A lot harder to defend the 4th mixer, extended automation, and other things as a Post only feature.

But again........... who am I to know
Old 11th April 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Well all i can say is you shot your self in the foot but publicizing a work around for a feature , not very clever really was it .

It is a Nuendo feature as they stated and until you had posted about it it had slipped through the net in the cubase programming but now ................ you'll have to buy Nuendo ;-)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah, I was gonna be pretty shocked if this feature came back. It's pretty obvious IMO this was never suppose to be in Cubase. That said, I'm still glad the OP shared the info. It just makes working with audio sooooo much better (not as much for MIDI), regardless of working to picture or not IMO. I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm used to the Pro Tools cursor and with EditMode it's extremely similar. Unless they release some break-through feature I plan on sitting with 7.5.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtafreq ➑️
Well all i can say is you shot your self in the foot but publicizing a work around for a feature , not very clever really was it .

It is a Nuendo feature as they stated and until you had posted about it it had slipped through the net in the cubase programming but now ................ you'll have to buy Nuendo ;-)
Precisely my point.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtafreq ➑️

Yes. This is exactly what happened.
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i understand steinberg really need to distinguish between nuendo and cubase, and justify the price tag of the former; but this case to me seems like a bit of marketing flop. it's not for this one feature that users will likely rush to buy nuendo, and what sets the two applications apart. on the other hand, what is very likely, is that you will make many a user upset that it was removed-- even if some users may not have known about it, or may not even find use for the feature. they still read 'users find a hidden feature -> company disables it'.

instead, it could have been made a great marketing story; 'user finds hidden feature -> company officially adopts it *smileyface*'. in that scenario, you may create positive bias even with those users who find no use for the feature. it just feels they're the hands of a caring company.

just saying... the rewards reaped by disabling it (are there any?) are easily countered by negative bias that follows it.
πŸ“ Reply