Quantcast
Cubase 7 Demo - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 7 Demo
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cubase 7 Demo

A few weeks ago there was mention of a Cubase 7 demo in mid January. Now I can't find any info on it.

Any clues?
Old 19th January 2013
Deleted User
Theyll probably wait till Logic X shows up. Who knows man , they are probably hard at work on the 7.02 update to squash more bugs
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just remember there being a specific date. I thought Jan 14th or 18th. Maybe they decided to hold off.
Old 19th January 2013 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell ➑️
I just remember there being a specific date. I thought Jan 14th or 18th. Maybe they decided to hold off.
Im guessing keeping the current ugraders is more important at this time for them
Are you adding Cubase or thinking of switching to it?

These things are so much better than the VS dont ya think?

What I/O are you using ?
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm just getting a bit bored with Logic. I love it, but looking at basically the same screen for 8 years is a bit uninspiring.

I'm making some rap beats lately and I think the chord track might be interesting. Although Studio One's Melodyne integration is also compelling.

Ideally I'd like to play a bass line with my electric bass and have the DAW turn that into midi a la Melodyne. Then have a menu of chords that work with the bass line pop up that can be dragged onto any VI track.

It just sounds like a fun way to compose. If Cubase 7 does that well I may buy it.

As for the VS, yeah. Different times for sure. No crossfades. Drummers had to actually play the song, haha. The good old days.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For I/O I'm running this:

Rosetta 800 >
X-Symphony card >
Symphony Cable >
Symphony Mobile >
Sonnet Express to Tbolt adapter >
Tbolt cable >
rMBP 15" 16gb ram

Somehow audio gets through all of that with a 32 sample buffer.
Old 20th January 2013
Deleted User
I dont know jack about the chord thingy in C7 yet, I havent messed yet.

I do have StudioOnePro 2.5 here. Im using it for all my mastering right now. Lots of new features in 2.5. Check out the demo. I have Logic 9.1.8 as well but it seems real clunky to me and slow compared to S1 or Cubase to me. Maybe wait till the C7 demo comes out and check out S1 in the meantime.
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Any news on a C7 demo? A google search seems to mostly come up with "demo projects."
Old 22nd February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
We're assuming they don't want a demo out there in circulation until all major bugs are resolved.
Old 26th February 2013
Deleted User
Word on the street is they still cant give a definitive date on a demo
Old 27th February 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
It's up! Cubase 7 full trial.

To run it you need an eLicenser dongle (can be ordered for € 22,99) so it's more interesting for existing users like me who consider an update or upgrade.
Old 28th February 2013
Deleted User
Trial

This is beyond stupid. Why would anyone looking at Cubase go buy a Dongle for x amount so they can try it out??

Im a Cubase guy here BTW C7
Old 28th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit ➑️
Trial

This is beyond stupid. Im not going to go buy a Dongle for x amount so I can Try out your software.

then you should have the dongle.
Old 28th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Trial

This is beyond stupid. Im not going to go buy a Dongle for x amount so I can Try out your software.

I'm don't understand what you are saying. You already have a dongle.
Right?
How else could you be a Cubase user?

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk
Old 28th February 2013
Deleted User
I fixed the confusion above

Im speaking of people who DONT have Cubase fellas. Im saying that as a Cubase guy this policy is pretty stupid.

If a prospective NEW USER wants to demo the software they have to buy a stupid dongle. What if they dont like it, money down the drain

That is all
Old 28th February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
another money grabbing ploy by steinberg , i even posted a topic on the c7 forum call "try the bugs before you buy " and it got renamed by a mod for some reason .....

I can't believe they are releasing this version , i have c5/c6 64 bit running perfect on my "daw" only pc and when it comes to C7 the mixer and control room are just a mess, the latency you gain from, adding devices in the CR is unreal , the graphics bugs on the mixer are outrageous ,nothing wrong with my eyefinity quad headed graphics card , and charging people for a dongle to use a trial hahahahahahahahahaha thats got to be yamaha forcing steinberg to charge for absolutely everything .
Steinberg stand to loose a lot of customers if they haven't installed a 7.3 update in the demo and to be honest now i couldn't careless if they do it will serve them right for releasing such a bugged out version of c7 ,in fact it's worse than cubase 4 ever was
Old 28th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I fixed the confusion above

Im speaking of people who DONT have Cubase fellas. Im saying that as a Cubase guy this policy is pretty stupid.

If a prospective NEW USER wants to demo the software they have to buy a stupid dongle. What if they dont like it, money down the drain

That is all
Ok. Sorry I misunderstood.

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk
Old 1st March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Luckily I have an eLicenser for my Ivory Pianos.
πŸ“ Reply