The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase vs Nuendo
Old 27th September 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovas ➑️
Your FX is routed to the stereo out, route it to a group channel and then you can select the group for your requested signal flow
If you look at my screenshot again, you'll see that the group option is greyed out.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic ➑️
If you look at my screenshot again, you'll see that the group option is greyed out.
Yeah, sorry, it boggles my mind. It should't..

I have no idea what is going on, maybe try checking some settings and the manual, and also post this at the Steinberg forums..

Good luck, I feel your pain!
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Sorted. Simply untick "Connect Sends automatically for each newly created Channel" in preferences and Bob's your uncle.

I always thought that meant you get the FX channel options pre-routed when you add a new audio channel, but I was wrong. Wow, that really helps a lot. Now there's preciously little remaining that makes me yearn for Nuendo...
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
[QUOTE=zephonic;5833560]Sorted. Simply untick "Connect Sends automatically for each newly created Channel" in preferences and Bob's your uncle.

I always thought that meant you get the FX channel options pre-routed when you add a new audio channel, but I was wrong. QUOTE]

Hi zephonic, just about to answer your problem for you but seems like you've figured out a way to stop it.

However, all you had to do was un-route the offending FX send slot on the Group bus you wanted that effect to go to - which means you could still have the "Connect Sends Automatically " box ticked if you wanted to.

FWIW, I leave the box unticked, as I usuallly have more FX going than slots are avilable, and I find it easier just to choose per channel what FX sends I want it to have, but I can see that a lot of people find it very useful to have each new channel created with the FX pre-routed automatically in the same order - with the box ticked you would get this, and you could easily disable an FX send an individual channel if it was causing the routing conflict to grey out a box.
Old 28th September 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic ➑️
Sorted. Simply untick "Connect Sends automatically for each newly created Channel" in preferences and Bob's your uncle.

I always thought that meant you get the FX channel options pre-routed when you add a new audio channel, but I was wrong. Wow, that really helps a lot. Now there's preciously little remaining that makes me yearn for Nuendo...
:-) glad you sorted it out, that's what I originaly thought the problem might have been, C5 doesn't allow you to create feedback loops, so by having your sends already populated when creating a new track I suppose your Drum-submix had the reverb already present in the aux-sends preventing you from routing the drum channels to that FX?

I was using Nuendo and other than the movie post features, I see absolutely no difference with C5. Mind you I did use C5 to score a commercial for Geico and didn't really have any problem either...sooo the gap is really narrowing between the two.
Old 30th September 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sooo ... to get back OT;
Anyone know where the updated list of Cubase 5 vs Nuendo 5 is?
Thanks in advance.
Old 5th October 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Yes, it would be nice to have an updated "vs" list for version 5.
Old 13th November 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Actually......

I big difference was noticed by all today.....I tried Nuendo 4 out on my cubase 5 station and found out the eqs are much more usable and the high end sounds smoother............but the plot thickens, I'm running service pack 2 now with a fresh install.

Weirdness and shenanigans have ensued. I HAD new ram AND a newer version of cubase (there's no time changing options in Nuendo audio tracks and no Reverence) but hadn't noticed any difference. The jazz tracks from last year sound WAYYYY better.......so the mystery continues......a clean install makes for clearer highs through processor freedom......sp3 slows my stuff down......or the flagship eqs are Way better than the cubase EQs.

EQs EQs
I'm so confused..........
I've paid some dues
and Cubase loses

Patty Currin
Old 13th November 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hmm, I agree that the Cubase 5 EQ's are nothing to write home about, but they work. I mostly use them for cutting only. If I have to boost dramatically, I'll take a plug-in.

But IIRC, the EQ's in Nuendo 2 and 3 weren't noticeably better. Maybe there was a re-design for N4, but I don't remember reading about that. In fact, I took it as gospel that the audio engine for both DAW's is identical.
Old 24th February 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange ➑️

Essentially, if you don't know the difference between nuendo and cubase then you probably don't need the extra features in nuendo.
Oooo! That hurt! What about newbies like me, who want to learn and grow? Can't we ask the "older and wiser" ones like you for guidance?
Old 21st August 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
2015 ! anyone else?
Old 18th October 2015
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I've used Nuendo in the past and now I only use Cubase .. I don't think the difference in price is worth it unless you absolutly need the exclusive Nuendo features! Cubase 8 is great and I started a youtube channel for Cubase 8 tutorials if you ever need that kind of stuff check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...SHumBzZcy_dqrQ
For musicians, producers, engineers or anybody that doesn't do video post prod stuff, Cubase is the best option considering the low price.
Old 27th October 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
quite a bit of that Nuendo price (around 1800 USD) is third part licensing fee's for post/Film processing/mixing things - these licenses are NOT cheap!

...but here are some Nuendo features which are not included in Cubase :

- ADR-Taker-Tool
- 64Bit-Support for Blackmagic and Decklink Video Cards
- new Codecs
- AAF-Exchange
- IOSONO Anymix Pro Surround Plugin
- expanded Compatibility to ProTools Systems
- Bounce-to-Markerpoints
- Clip-Packages/Groups
- new expanded Automationssystem
- Automation flexible passes technology
- Direct Stem Routing/Mixer
- the Monitor-Matrix
- additionally Post-Plugins
- PitchDriver Realtime pitch-Plugin
- MXF Audio support
- expanded EuCon
- EDL Listen Im/Export
- additional Scrubbing Engine
- complete Network solutions for big projects via LAN, WAN
- Export Note Pad Data
- expanded Surround Panner
- Surround Matrix Decoder/Encoder
- additional Postpro- IRs f. REVerence
- expanded Crossfade-Editor
- ADR Taker
- Render Export to Disc
- Game Audio Connect
- Perforce Integration (version management software)
- Audiokinetic Wwise Middleware Integration
- ReConform
- etc. etc..

(on-the-fly)

NOTE:
The new IOSONO Anymix Pro (one of the best surround plugin on the market) already costs 350,- Euros (!) separately = this plugin is also included in Nuendo.

As a result it was stated: the price of Nuendo is absolutely justified.

N.
πŸ“ Reply