Quantcast
recording acoustic guitar..delay and reverb - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
recording acoustic guitar..delay and reverb
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
recording acoustic guitar..delay and reverb

Hello I am recording acoustic guitar with rodent1a through a mixer and scarlet2i2 I get a very clean recording I created two stereo channels 1 left one right and i put them in a group channel I want to apply delay and reverb , do I have to pan the delay and reverb the opposite way like If i am adding delay to left stereo channel the delay must travel to right.
and where it is better to add compression in inserts or sends ??
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite29 ➡️
Hello I am recording acoustic guitar with rodent1a through a mixer and scarlet2i2 I get a very clean recording I created two stereo channels 1 left one right and i put them in a group channel I want to apply delay and reverb , do I have to pan the delay and reverb the opposite way like If i am adding delay to left stereo channel the delay must travel to right.
and where it is better to add compression in inserts or sends ??
Pantning effects like delay and reverb is totally a matter of taste. But as a starter I would keep it simple and just keep the pans in the middle. There are so many other things to work with that are more important (arrangement, levels, sound design etc etc).

Compression typically goes on inserts. Pre-fader with is default for the first 8(?) inserts in Cubase.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Maniac
Your guitar recordings will be two mono recordings routed to a stereo Group Track. They can be panned however you want. When you add a stereo delay on the stereo Group Track, you'll get proper stereo effect. You'll want to do the panning of each recorded mono track and probably not pan the stereo Group Track.
Old 15th January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbdan ➡️
Your guitar recordings will be two mono recordings routed to a stereo Group Track. They can be panned however you want. When you add a stereo delay on the stereo Group Track, you'll get proper stereo effect. You'll want to do the panning of each recorded mono track and probably not pan the stereo Group Track.
thank you man for correcting me so is it better if I create two mono track then i ll add reverb and delay , but will i pan the reverb and delay or the original recording
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

If you make a recording with one nt-1a you will have one mono recording.
No need to create two mono tracks from this one recording.
You can put a stereo fx on a mono track.
Old 22nd January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 ➡️
If you make a recording with one nt-1a you will have one mono recording.
No need to create two mono tracks from this one recording.
You can put a stereo fx on a mono track.
I created two mono tracks routed to a stereo Group Track , the tracks are panned one left one right I have scarlet 2i2 and a mixer zmx123fx I am recording both tracks at same time is this correct my mic plugged into a mixer then out puts of mixer going straight to inputs of scarlet2i2
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Recording with one (normal) microphone will always be mono.
You can make (or record) as many tracks of this signal as you want but it will always be mono.
Putting or routing this signal through a stereo configuarted track lets you ad a stereo effect to the mono signal.
📝 Reply