The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 8.5 Media Bay Scanning Logo Help please
Old 16th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Cubase 8.5 Media Bay Scanning Logo Help please

As the title says. Anyone help me with pointers to how to get rid of the mediabay scanning icon and show files that are in the selected folder please?

Click on a simple folder with maybe only 5 wav files, audio is selected and the scanning countdown seems to be showing several hundred and just the logo showing.

Very frustrating and making mediabay totally redundant.

im sure there's a simpe fix or setting Im missing, any help please?

Thanks

M

Old 16th December 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First, make sure only needed locations are selected to be scanned.

If you have a lot of personal samples etc. in addition to the standard SB stuff, try increasing the max # in Prefs. from 10,000 to 20 or 30,000 or more.

I dis-able scan only when MB is open.

If all else fails delete the media bay app data files and re-build it after restarting Cubase.
Old 16th December 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashedmitten ➡️
First, make sure only needed locations are selected to be scanned.

If you have a lot of personal samples etc. in addition to the standard SB stuff, try increasing the max # in Prefs. from 10,000 to 20 or 30,000 or more.

I dis-able scan only when MB is open.

If all else fails delete the media bay app data files and re-build it after restarting Cubase.
Thanks Mash. Did some house keeping. Selected only folders on drives with regularly used samples and deleted mediabay.db file. Inreased sarch results to 100,000.

Much better.

Only one remaining niggle.

When opening a folder with subfolders, mediabay only displays files ie .wav files in the host folder not the sub folders, so to see other files in the organised subfolder structure I have to select each sub folder individually.

Is there a way around this so I can see all the files in the main folder and sub folders in the mediabay list, when selecting the host folder?

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Cubase 8.5 Media Bay Scanning Logo Help please-mediabay-host-folder.jpg   Cubase 8.5 Media Bay Scanning Logo Help please-mediabay-subfolder-example..jpg  
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx ➡️
When opening a folder with subfolders, mediabay only displays files ie .wav files in the host folder not the sub folders, so to see other files in the organised subfolder structure I have to select each sub folder individually.

Is there a way around this so I can see all the files in the main folder and sub folders in the mediabay list, when selecting the host folder?

Thanks again.
Select the option under MediaBay options to include samples in subfolders. (Gear icon bottom left)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell ➡️
Select the option under MediaBay options to include samples in subfolders. (Gear icon bottom left)
Perfect Barry, thank you. Remember hitting this last week when struggling with audio playback issues in Cubase.

All sorted and good to go
📝 Reply