The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 7,780 views: 511,485
hello people 1 hour ago

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 10,181 views: 517,922
mikeg09 3 days ago
replies: 0 views: 72
bill5 10 hours ago

I'm not really sure where this post belongs since I see the music business forum is closed now, but this seems closest. I've...

Bongo Spank
replies: 0 views: 66
Bongo Spank 14 hours ago

Some records I've been enjoying lately have come from Jon Bryant. 'Twenty Something' produced by Alex Newport in Los Angeles...

Pyeguy
replies: 1 views: 147
Pyeguy 1 day ago

LCR and LyChoRhyce are a new format and a new program for writing song sheets. So, you sing and play songs. Maybe you use song...

teknico
replies: 0 views: 84
teknico 1 day ago

Hello, I arrange and mix my songs. Took advice from Producers and i had suggestions to mix my drums stereo. But i use Singular...

ece79
replies: 8 views: 157
Phil Cibley 2 days ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 564 views: 45,004
Herr Weiss 4 days ago

I would like members of the Community to give their opinions of Rap Music... I am fully aware of all the negative connotations...

FraternalHouse
replies: 676 views: 55,346
elegentdrum 4 days ago

Do you have any go-to ways to add some brightness (2kHz +) to your songs? Cynbals, hsakers and other like percussions seem...

Swagyosha
replies: 4 views: 135
Sharp11 5 days ago

Hi guys and gals, I am hobbyist who likes to create all sorts of music. I bought myself a nektar T6 keyboard for Xmas......

vinnie2k
replies: 6 views: 285
PuggaMahone 5 days ago

Hey guys! Am an electronic music producer. I've always had a hard time finding musicians (in my case vocalists) to collab with....

kaushal19
replies: 3 views: 143
markmann 6 days ago

How´s your workflow? Do you decide what instruments are you going to use from the very first beginning and commit or you just...

xxcenturyboy
replies: 6 views: 615
RayHeath 1 week ago

I tried to reach out to the moderators to maybe change the topic title of the old thread to re-purpose it. I didn't get a...

Mister Fox
replies: 28 views: 4,224
Mister Fox 2 weeks ago

I have found it interesting lately that some people I know said they no longer worry about copyrighting their songs because they...

markmann
replies: 39 views: 1,187
newguy1 2 weeks ago

Goodnight. I am up to date on copyright and its rules, but I have a question and I would like someone to help me. Let's...

nave mastering
replies: 0 views: 160
nave mastering 3 weeks ago

I'm a multi-instrumental solo artist based out of Florida that writes highly charged genre-bending music to move your body...

antonioki
replies: 0 views: 124
antonioki 3 weeks ago

Any music lawyers in the house? I have a mate who gives me lyrics. I write a full song from them. I record it in my home...

redhenry
replies: 6 views: 425
docbop 3 weeks ago

so some of you may have seen a video about a girl leaving her boyfriend to go to NBA Allstar weekend... I wrote the response...

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 160
listen2benp 4 weeks ago

Hello! Here's a little idea I recorded last night in my little home studio. Signal chain was KM84 > API 312 mic pre >...

Pyeguy
replies: 3 views: 345
Pyeguy 4 weeks ago

Working on a song with 88 bpm intro, 108 bpm midsection and 88 bpm ending. Wondering the best way to transition between the...

pdiddy
replies: 4 views: 295
pdiddy 4 weeks ago

Hi, I tried to search to find the answer to my basic questions regarding scale degrees but have actually failed hidz. I hope you...

TheReaper
replies: 3 views: 635
TheReaper 10th March 2021

This is a track I did then freestyled on to create... I'm going to start writing again but I'm here to get some pointers (I'm not...

listen2benp
replies: 4 views: 529
Avatar for Deleted fe72b385f72c012
Deleted fe72b385f72c012 10th March 2021

I figured I would stop simping with RnB and do some pimpin...lol... do or die style... as usual please leave me some feedback so...

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 152
listen2benp 9th March 2021

Thought it would be cool to have a thread of articles/books/youtube channels that people could check out who are looking to get a...

buckleylives
replies: 5 views: 723
mattharveymusic 8th March 2021

hi! our first EP had one song which did okay (15k plays) I was super delighed about this and decided to put my all into our...

willcrook
replies: 0 views: 170
willcrook 8th March 2021

After 5 long years MasterWriter 3 will come out shortly according to their Facebook page. I remains to be seen if any new...

J.Good
replies: 45 views: 15,197
J.Good 4th March 2021

Hello outworld! I'm trying to find my musical path/songwriting technic for a while. I want to write my song firstly at keyboard....

discopolis
replies: 38 views: 1,848
Avatar for Deleted fe72b385f72c012
Deleted fe72b385f72c012 2nd March 2021

Another shot at perfection lol...well I'm practicing the singing and a new track... like before please leave any helpful...

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 176
listen2benp 1st March 2021

Hello guys this is our Debut single from Plantbased Duo “Health Wave” Hope you like...

mixalisz
replies: 0 views: 164
mixalisz 1st March 2021

Hello Everyone, Apologies if a thread like this has been made. Anyway, I've been learning and making music for the past few...

glasspipe
replies: 107 views: 8,462
s wave 26th February 2021

I am trying to figure out if any popular songs have used this particular chord progression and am particularly interested in how...

rockreid
replies: 1 views: 219
Sharp11 26th February 2021

I'm wondering if it's just me because I dabble in keyboards and C is the easiest key to compose in but literally every time I...

Magic_Hat
replies: 34 views: 1,699
oldinternet 25th February 2021

One of the only silver linings of the pandemic has been that I've been able to finish songs that have been collecting dust and...

markmann
replies: 8 views: 376
markmann 24th February 2021

Yo, I normally try to drop on Mondays but I had to reflect on daft punk... Almost cried watching the last video......

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 194
listen2benp 24th February 2021

This type of bass was common in garage house music in the 90's and I assume it comes from a specific syhtn (like the Korg M1 they...

Me.Lee
replies: 0 views: 248
Me.Lee 22nd February 2021

Anyone can breakdown to the chords in this loopsample? Even better if you could help me with some midi, would love to know every...

Taragana
replies: 8 views: 441
Taragana 21st February 2021

Hi all. Has anyone here taken the Graham English Speed Songwriting course? I would like to know if it is was helpful or if...

barbecutie
replies: 33 views: 8,618
Kalfisher 21st February 2021

Hi all, Does anyone have experience using Fiver? What did you use it for and what was your experience like ? Happy with the...

JDover
replies: 3 views: 496
pencilextremist 20th February 2021

I really struggle with laying down drum parts. I can hear what I want in my head, but I’m not good at getting it sequenced. I...

dkhbrit
replies: 6 views: 421
newguy1 18th February 2021

About 20(edit: 17) seconds in, cacophony, i say it more like cacaphony. Also, i can't decide between two mixes, one was by a pro...

dvnte
replies: 29 views: 700
Bob Ross 16th February 2021

I saw a post about a guy dumping his girlfriend for doing the "bust it challenge"... so I wrote a song about it, lol......

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 234
listen2benp 15th February 2021

Duplicate

mickey858
replies: 0 views: 259
mickey858 12th February 2021

I’m looking for advice on self-releasing music and how songwriting royalties splits are shared. Basically, I have a song...

mickey858
replies: 0 views: 329
mickey858 12th February 2021

Lately I've been trying to focus on the craft of putting a song together... I usually write hip hop music but since being locked...

listen2benp
replies: 5 views: 501
bill5 9th February 2021

There's a song I heard played live that really struck me, and I'd like to cover. Only problem is - the artist never released it....

js1
replies: 2 views: 1,454
Cyllthain 9th February 2021

I have not studied music theory, but tend to hunt and peck my way into writing rather complex jazzy arrangements and it's time to...

Bongo Spank
replies: 5 views: 447
s wave 8th February 2021

So this week I tried some NY compression methods to get the drums and vocals to pop more and played with some verbs to try to...

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 275
listen2benp 8th February 2021

Alright it's a bit hard to explain, but let's say two notes, an octave apart. For example a 'C' and a 'C'. Instead of playing...

VirusAndSpamBin
replies: 14 views: 586
shawshawraw 7th February 2021

What instrument is sounding during the start of the second verse starting around :58? Is that a guitar? I noticed it isn't...

DanPopRockGuitar
replies: 0 views: 238
DanPopRockGuitar 5th February 2021

Another freestyle and track to get some practice in... I've incorporated some advice from people on the net for this one.......

listen2benp
replies: 0 views: 282
listen2benp 1st February 2021

I've been working at trying to get as good as possible at music during quarantine and I think it is starting to pay off... I'm...

listen2benp
replies: 5 views: 560
jwh1192 26th January 2021

Moderators