Post your "finished" demos here - Page 270 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your "finished" demos here
Old 20th October 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValveFloyd ➡️
Great! You nailed Page's playing!
I don't listen to Led Zep whatsoever as I've always thought of them as overrated old fogeys, just unimpressed with the tired stuff that everyone has heard countless times like Stairway & Black Dog,etc....but, that's the best thing I've ever heard from them.....you simply nailed it. I wanna post my YouTube clip 'Lightning4theReign' to take critique on how to improve vocally....but, after hearing your track I'm gonna go crawl under a rock and think it over some more. Well done, comrade. Well done.
Old 20th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Sure.. would love some feedback on whether I am actually getting anywhere in my learning of mixing. I am trying to get a 70s sort of vibe to this demo.

Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast9 ➡️
a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to publishers etc... Thanks for the idea pinkheadedbug
Have you ever confused about love? what an topic to discuss, right? hahaha...

Care to share your stories or insights in the comments, I'm quite a good listener tho 😃

>>> https://soundcloud.com/user-54415704/puzzle-over-love

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRTXnV6J4RQ

Verse1:

Last night I was drinking, rolling in some parties, and hearing people throwing my stuff

The got me questioning If I paid my entrance fees, I wasn't properly served

No such a place could keep me out of frame, gotta come up with a better plan

The only reason keeps my stay in rhythm is I thought you'd be my wonderland

Pre-chorus:

I'll soldier on til I get everything correctly done

Every time you come around, I'd notice this ain't sound

Chorus:

Cuz I'm puzzled over love, though many people told me she ain't worth

Yeah, I'm puzzled over love, but why am I supposed to get hurt

She a rose with thorns, came in my zone, pretending she all alone, and took whatever she's longed

I'm puzzled over love

Verse2:

I hate being seesawed, being claimed I'm special as you never truly meant all those words

Too many mysteries have been confusing me, I think I've had it enough

No such a place could keep me out of frame, gotta come up with a better plan

The only reason keeps my stay in rhythm is I thought you'd be my wonderland

Bridge:

I'm puzzled over love, up to the ceiling, no where to hide, it's gonna be like

Military against me yeah, enemies shoot at me yeah, revealing all the lies

https://www.willykuomusic.com/
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Kuo ➡️
Have you ever confused about love?
Are you kidding? With multiple marriages under my belt I definitely have it all figured out.

I like this tune. Refreshing to hear some good raw music like this.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny ➡️
Are you kidding? With multiple marriages under my belt I definitely have it all figured out.

I like this tune. Refreshing to hear some good raw music like this.
Hahaha thx for your review man =)))
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
....and while I'm here, here's something that I just finished up.

Where Are The Heroes
https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14337069
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny ➡️
....and while I'm here, here's something that I just finished up.

Where Are The Heroes
https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14337069
I like this Leonard. Timely and true.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yep!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo ➡️
Timely and true.
Thanks for that Lenzo. I appreciate that you checked this tune out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps ➡️
yep!
You too, Gramps. Nice to see you around these parts.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
2nd CD for this client -- finishing up soon ...
Attached Files

DON'T TELL LIES.mp3 (9.03 MB, 19 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo ➡️
2nd CD for this client -- finishing up soon ...
I like! My only suggestion offhand is that IMO the vocals should sit back a little farther in the mix, and maybe pan the instruments more to the sides, less centered.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 ➡️
I like! My only suggestion offhand is that IMO the vocals should sit back a little farther in the mix, and maybe pan the instruments more to the sides, less centered.
Thanks kindly for listening -- the instruments are all hard or 8/4 on the pans ... Yeah, we always seem to fill half of our 24 tracks - with vocals -- they do seem to take over the mixes ..

Back to mix

Last edited by cjogo; 3 weeks ago at 06:15 AM..
Here for the gear

SOUNDCLOUD]
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 ➡️
We changed the pans -- half the tracks are vocals -- so thats usually this clients preference .. He is coming from the mid 60's -- vocals are always the main interest == front and center

Modern tunes seem to be "driven" more by Kick /Bass /Groove -- where we come from the era of ~~ VOCALS rule ..
Attached Files

DON'T TELL LIES.mp3 (9.01 MB, 13 views)

Last edited by cjogo; 2 weeks ago at 10:21 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Hi, this is the second track I ever done almost 20 years ago, didn’t have much production skills back then so I’ve been going to my all demos are remixing them and reharmonizing them a bit.

This is kinda dark orchestral electronic mix up, kinda reminds me a bit of sci-fi, thus the track name.

https://soundcloud.com/j-guerreiro/a...e0e7af87f9b81c

Here it is. Thanks.

Last edited by Neurojazz; 1 week ago at 11:16 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Oh man, I just saw this forum. This is a bit scary, I don't let many people hear what I am up to, but thought I would give it a shot. This is not so much a demo or an attempt to record the song after it was finished, but rather the actual songwriting recording, which due to the way I built it is acceptable to listen to. I wasn't able to determine if any of these ideas were working without hearing it in a more formal form, so I recorded everything as I wrote it.

I was listening to a lot of late 60s psychedelia such as Syd Barret era Pink Floyd, Strawberry Alarm Clock, or great imposters like the Dukes of Stratosphere, and I decided to try my own hand at writing something vaguely in that genre. This was also written shortly after going into lockdown in 2020 so there is a bit of Covid related angst injected into it. I didn't set out to write the lyrics specifically about anything, but they shaped themselves into a collage of man versus nature, and haves and have nots. it is not intended to be heavy handed, rather more whimsical. I recorded with period correct instruments (except the drums) and mixed in a lo-fi 60s style, complete with Beatles era panning.

Silent Spring
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Booth ➡️
Oh man, I just saw this forum. This is a bit scary, I don't let many people hear what I am up to, but thought I would give it a shot. This is not so much a demo or an attempt to record the song after it was finished, but rather the actual songwriting recording, which due to the way I built it is acceptable to listen to. I wasn't able to determine if any of these ideas were working without hearing it in a more formal form, so I recorded everything as I wrote it.

I was listening to a lot of late 60s psychedelia such as Syd Barret era Pink Floyd, Strawberry Alarm Clock, or great imposters like the Dukes of Stratosphere, and I decided to try my own hand at writing something vaguely in that genre. This was also written shortly after going into lockdown in 2020 so there is a bit of Covid related angst injected into it. I didn't set out to write the lyrics specifically about anything, but they shaped themselves into a collage of man versus nature, and haves and have nots. it is not intended to be heavy handed, rather more whimsical. I recorded with period correct instruments (except the drums) and mixed in a lo-fi 60s style, complete with Beatles era panning.

Silent Spring
Excellent!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Silent Spring
Wonderful production and right in that era to perfection ~! More/More Brings back my 60's days ~!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I decided to try my own hand at writing something vaguely in that genre
You nailed it. Well done, Chip.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nice work here.

Love that breakdown at around the 2:00 mark as well as that fantastic ending.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode ➡️
Sure.. would love some feedback on whether I am actually getting anywhere in my learning of mixing. I am trying to get a 70s sort of vibe to this demo.

could you re-post your song as I cannot find the original post.

g
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

Silent Spring
I thought this was cool. Some nice changes going on.
Here for the gear

Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
many thanks to everyone above who commented on the song I posted. It is rewarding to know that someone else can connect with some of my random ideas. It would be fun to start a conversation with other writers who have an interest in this retro psychedelic style.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just groovin ' in the barn
Attached Files

THE BARN.mp3 (2.27 MB, 10 views)

Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo ➡️
Just groovin ' in the barn
I like it.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This one kind of popped up quickly so I grabbed hold of it while I could.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14349268
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
heres a track i finished a few weeks ago , vocals , Hannah Richardson .... written by Hannah and Max P , recorded in the US with Hannah and Max, Mixed and Mastered by Mark de Berard

would enjoy any critique

Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode ➡️

hey TC , like the groove , if i were to make any suggestions , id add a spring rev to the guit , some distortion on the keys like a tape saturation , the drums sound great but they do sound modern to me , typically 70's kits had more rumble , theres the 70's dry kit and then the more roomy sounding kit .. try copying the project and use the copy to experiment with saturation, put things out of phase , tape echos etc , just have fun with it and see what you come up with :0)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…