Quantcast
Post your rough demos - Page 343 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your rough demos
Old 14th August 2021 | Show parent
  #10261
Gear Addict
 
Removed!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #10262
No idea what Genre this is, but it`s my first attempt at making music using only a Roland MC-101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWJAAfRj9g
Hope you like it! xx
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #10263
Gear Addict
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_Alicia ➡️
No idea what Genre this is, but it`s my first attempt at making music using only a Roland MC-101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWJAAfRj9g
Hope you like it! xx
I think it's good, but I think it would benefit from a vocal, to add more dimension and feel. The vocal could take the place of the busy synth part.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #10264
Thanks, but I totally don`t do vocals, instrumental only.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #10265
This is a recovered work from about 2 years ago, was almost lost to an outdated DAW on a laptop that wasn't mine, but i was able to recover the master. One of the first and only songs I wrote, performed and recorded by myself. I tried to get all fancy by layering vocals to further give the impression of self-conflict and dialectic. "The inner-voice (subconscious).

I am working on another version. Since I couldn't rework the original recording to have quite the impact/effect or theme I was trying for. However, I really like the vocal performance as it really does convey the emotion and mood of the arrangement.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #10266
Gear Addict
 
Here's a little song idea I came up with when I was first fooling around with my Radar. Kinda reminds me a little of the Beach Boys.



Stand Up

Open my eyes again
And I can see you there
Yeah
Come back and get me some
And I will see you around
Town
And I will see you around
Town
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #10267
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
hi guys, i made a r&b beat
Attached Files

alright5a.mp3 (6.35 MB, 88 views)

Old 3 weeks ago
  #10268
Here for the gear
 
Aceboo75's Avatar
 
Humble electro summer vibes, analogic waves, blind by sun rays

Old 2 weeks ago
  #10269
Old 2 weeks ago
  #10270
Lives for gear
 
clump's Avatar
 
Accidentally posted this in 'finished demos'....it is clearly rough demo, so re posted here.

Any suggestions very welcome.
Attached Files

Groove is Alright MP3 2021.mp3 (4.82 MB, 6 views)

Old 1 week ago
  #10271
Any advice for this mix:

https://soundcloud.com/user-186908625/fool-up

Thanks for listening
Old 1 week ago
  #10272
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Hi all, here's a demo I made at the weekend. Using handheld white kit, 60s style pop tune in the vien of the Coral, Matt Berry.... Have a listen!
Signs of life demo
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/wJ1Hv
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #10273
Lives for gear
 
Zed999's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people ➡️
Any advice for this mix:

https://soundcloud.com/user-186908625/fool-up

Thanks for listening
I like your stuff, It's laid back but I would love it if you found a less clicky / softer snare sound for tracks like this one. To demonstrate listen to the track very very quietly and the snare is a high frequency short click sound. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Maybe just needs the top rolling off.

Just my amateur opinion.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #10274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed999 ➡️
I like your stuff, It's laid back but I would love it if you found a less clicky / softer snare sound for tracks like this one. To demonstrate listen to the track very very quietly and the snare is a high frequency short click sound. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Maybe just needs the top rolling off.

Just my amateur opinion.
Thanks. Yeah, there's something wrong with it. I'll try to work it out. Honestly, I have no idea how I stuff up presets from Ezdrummer and Addictive Drums. This one is an Addictive Drums preset and it sounds brilliant on its own. I've done very little to the drums. So I dunno what went wrong. I'll see what I can do.

I just had a listen to it on laptop speakers. I'm not hearing what you're describing. If anything the snare sounds too splashy or something. What did you listen on?

Last edited by hello people; 6 days ago at 07:56 AM..
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #10275
Lives for gear
 
Zed999's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people ➡️
Thanks. Yeah, there's something wrong with it. I'll try to work it out. Honestly, I have no idea how I stuff up presets from Ezdrummer and Addictive Drums. This one is an Addictive Drums preset and it sounds brilliant on its own. I've done very little to the drums. So I dunno what went wrong. I'll see what I can do.

I just had a listen to it on laptop speakers. I'm not hearing what you're describing. If anything the snare sounds too splashy or something. What did you listen on?
I think these DAW drummers are almost all designed/compressed to cut through a busy mix and when your fix is more laid back they can be a bit stark. Programming low velocity hits can help.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed999 ➡️
I think these DAW drummers are almost all designed/compressed to cut through a busy mix and when your fix is more laid back they can be a bit stark. Programming low velocity hits can help.
Ok dude. I'll try to fix it. Someone told me to 'open up the drums more'. So I had given the snare a bit of a push at around 5khz. I'll go in and get rid of that for a start. Thanks for listening.

I just took a look at the midi for the drums and was surprised to see the snare miles ahead in velocity compared to the rest of the kit. The rest of the kit is like 50 or 60 odd velocity...the snare was like 80's+. Weird. That's a preset. I didn't mess with it. I've lowered the snare velocity now by about 20 or so.

I think the big trouble is that my monitors and headphones always make everything sound so good that I don't notice stuff I should notice.

Last edited by hello people; 6 days ago at 10:50 AM..
Old 6 days ago
  #10277
This right here is actually not bad. Good sounds, good musicians. Live recording, "all on the floor". Kinda like a bonus track/deleted scenes type thing. Cooked to a nice medium rare.



Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #10278
Lives for gear
 
clump's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyspencer ➡️
This right here is actually not bad. Good sounds, good musicians. Live recording, "all on the floor". Kinda like a bonus track/deleted scenes type thing. Cooked to a nice medium rare.



Like it, nice and rootsy.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #10279
Lives for gear
 
5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Nice, I like the vocalist a lot.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #10280
Lives for gear
 
5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickledPat ➡️
Hi all, here's a demo I made at the weekend. Using handheld white kit, 60s style pop tune in the vien of the Coral, Matt Berry.... Have a listen!
Signs of life demo
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/wJ1Hv
I like it, nice and up front sound, good ideas in there. I like the ambiguity in the vocal line between “signs of life” and “signs of love” which is a clever little invention. Doesn’t need much more polish to be a fun summery release.

If I were to be hyper critical the only thing missing for me is that it’s a bit too even throughout, it could do with a section that changes gear or key or raises up in some way makes it more hooky and less chant. It’s a very good album track, not quite single material right now.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #10281
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie ➡️
I like it, nice and up front sound, good ideas in there. I like the ambiguity in the vocal line between “signs of life” and “signs of love” which is a clever little invention. Doesn’t need much more polish to be a fun summery release.

If I were to be hyper critical the only thing missing for me is that it’s a bit too even throughout, it could do with a section that changes gear or key or raises up in some way makes it more hooky and less chant. It’s a very good album track, not quite single material right now.
Thanks for listening and your comments Sadie, agree it could use a little change up, will keep on! Thanks
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #10282
Here for the gear
 
Aceboo75's Avatar
 

(no mix / no mastering / raw record)
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump