The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Daily Sketches - Post Here
Old 10th August 2022
Todays, you'll be pleased to hear pretty much sans vocals. Just some prog metal noize, though not as noisy as I could make t if I had time, had to be super quick and short.

Old 11th August 2022
Todays from me

Old 11th August 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie ➑️
Todays, you'll be pleased to hear pretty much sans vocals. Just some prog metal noize, though not as noisy as I could make t if I had time, had to be super quick and short.

Any relationship to the Bill Murray movie? I like the noize just as it is, for prog rock. Any noizierder and it would be bordering metal territory. Interestingly, it's gone all quiet after a non-vocal track. Seems like you need to do more vocals!
Old 11th August 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Todays from me

I really like this one, it's very accomplished. Not to the extent that I could put an album of it on repeat, though. The style isn't entirely one that I listen to until the wee hours. The Theremin at the end makes for a very nice outtro. Very good sound balance and your vocals are right in front of it all, which makes it very intimate. I like the guitar part behind your vocals from around 1:00. I should start to think like I'm adding a guitar ass well, because just using a sequencer can make things a bit sterile and "endlessly droney", while your addition of accents is very organic. Nice!
Old 11th August 2022
Gear Addict

Here's a bit I've been brooding on for a couple of days now. The sample is from a CD I bought in Japan. I'm throwing in a Miyake style taiko rhythm myself, then adding some decoration of my own. Curious to see what I'll think of it tomorrow. If I still like it, I might combine it with 3 other Japan inspired tracks and put it as an EP on BandCamp.
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
Todays from me is more progressive metal, vocals are in this, are doing more silliness and probably offensive to most ears stuff and are up front because I'm trying to work out how to seat vocals with heavier guitars to where I'm happy with the result, normally I'd do I guess a more 90's style mix with vocals mixed well back in there because guitars are the thing, but I guess forward is the thing these days so I'm just trying to see if I can find some sort of medium where I retain some heaviness. Haven't got there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrandan ➑️
Any relationship to the Bill Murray movie? I like the noize just as it is, for prog rock. Any noizierder and it would be bordering metal territory. Interestingly, it's gone all quiet after a non-vocal track. Seems like you need to do more vocals!
No, I don't know the movie. Can't quite see this one fitting in with anything Bill Murray, but who knows? Yeah I'm not sure what happened, I guess no matter how bad any voice is more interesting than no voice, otherwise it can sound like there's a missing element unless the track is specifically designed around a really strong lead, and I didn't feel like throwing on a blazing solo or doing a more electronic track (which takes a lot longer as it takes forever to program or find the right sounds for the various parts).
Quote:
Here's a bit I've been brooding on for a couple of days now. The sample is from a CD I bought in Japan. I'm throwing in a Miyake style taiko rhythm myself, then adding some decoration of my own. Curious to see what I'll think of it tomorrow. If I still like it, I might combine it with 3 other Japan inspired tracks and put it as an EP on BandCamp.
Cool track, I really like the use of the sample, I think it helps you find a good balance, this feels very well rounded.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Cool track, I really like the use of the sample, I think it helps you find a good balance, this feels very well rounded.
Thank you! I had to listen to it several times before I started thinking it was ok. It clicked when I put it in front of the other tracks and turned the track order into a bit of a story. I've been mastering today - final check TBD tomorrow & upload to BandCamp.
Old 13th August 2022
Todays from me, after the events of the day

Old 13th August 2022 | Show parent
Todays from me

Old 13th August 2022
Gear Addict

Still no new work here, which is a shame as I bought 2 new modules and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. On the other hand, I finalised the masters for the EP I was working on, created artwork and published it on BandCamp. You can find it here:
https://arrandan.bandcamp.com/album/...ences-of-japan
Attached Thumbnails
Daily Sketches - Post Here-arrandan-early-works-reminiscences-japan-1024.png  
Old 14th August 2022
Gear Addict

Hello, I'm back! Here's a little experimental thingie that I had a lot of fun with:
Old 15th August 2022
Todays from me marks the complete year of writing, recording and uploading a new track every single day without break. It's a pretty big milestone considering I have zero free time so this stuff has to be done after work, between cooking renovation work and the rest of life. I can honestly say that I have learned... things, and at the same time the vast majority of the earth made it around a whole orbit of its local star, which I am obviously going to take credit for.

Old 15th August 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Hello, I'm back! Here's a little experimental thingie that I had a lot of fun with:
Welcome back, sounds like you were having a lot of fun with this one! The high chirps make its sound almost like a nature sound birdsong.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Todays from me marks the complete year of writing, recording and uploading a new track every single day without break. It's a pretty big milestone considering I have zero free time so this stuff has to be done after work, between cooking renovation work and the rest of life. I can honestly say that I have learned... things, and at the same time the vast majority of the earth made it around a whole orbit of its local star, which I am obviously going to take credit for.

Congrats on your musical lap around the sun! Very impressive!
Quote:
Congrats on your musical lap around the sun! Very impressive!
Thanks!
Old 16th August 2022
I guess for now I carry on as the routine is important and there's still a self evidently huge amount left to learn and improve upon, as well as many perfectionisms to break. So here's noodle 366 in this daily series....

Old 16th August 2022
Gear Addict

Short summary for today. I'm traveling and I tried to make a track on my iPad. Unfortunately, I couldn't reliably record and publish it. There's some complications (as in - don't use AU plug-ins inside AU plug-ins, don't record in programs that are flaky with file management, …) Hey, I made a track or something that resembles it from far! Better luck next time. I'm also behind on listening to your tracks…
Old 17th August 2022
Todays from me, just a little instrumental (well mostly), felt like chilling out a little more after a long day.

Old 18th August 2022
For me tonight I felt a bit inspired by 90's French rap tracks

Old 18th August 2022
Gear Addict

Guess where I am? Here's a little something to really get to know Drambo in combination with AUM (lots of MIDI processing to get some randomness going)
Old 19th August 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Guess where I am? Here's a little something to really get to know Drambo in combination with AUM (lots of MIDI processing to get some randomness going)
No idea where you are, but I like the addition of riffs! Good job.
Old 19th August 2022
Todays from me, more exploration of trip and various beat styles

Old 19th August 2022
Gear Addict

The winning answer of yesterday's quiz was: Stockholm! The melody was from Pippi Longstocking. They have a museum about her here.

Here's something entirely different. How far can we go with four notes? Everything except the percussion is based the same notes looped, adding some granular, some feedbacked resonator and some multi-octave arpeggios. Bass is from a Moog simulation, the others are plain sine waves run through algorithms by Mutable Instruments.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Todays from me, after the events of the day

I see what you were getting at. Quite chilling - am I the devil, then fade out with the organ.
Gear Addict

Quote:

What a song to celebrate your year with! I could nitpick about the mix a bit, but it's clear you were in a very happy and festive mood. Very solid!
Gear Addict

Quote:
For me tonight I felt a bit inspired by 90's French rap tracks

Haha, hilarious! With the reversed reverb on the guitar, it actually sounds a bit like Manu Chao to me as well. A bit of a world mix, like he would make. Very nice!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Todays from me, more exploration of trip and various beat styles

I'm not entirely sure where you want to go with this but it's an interesting sound/rhythm experiment for sure. Several good parts, like the 60s trippy synth. For me, it stays a bit in the same place the whole time.
Old 20th August 2022
Todays quick beat

πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…