Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Page 3140 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm looking to track a male trio with piano. Any LA area studios that shine in this department (pref. w/ a nice grand, able...

Blazinghammer
replies: 8 views: 899
Blazinghammer 10th March 2007

eng is 90% BS and 10% talent see my other thread https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=113564

Sigma
replies: 0 views: 1,027
Sigma 10th March 2007

heres the scenario.... i'm doing over this next year a complete album of songs with a very nice talented person. its a huge...

manning1
replies: 38 views: 2,850
tomwehrle 10th March 2007

I just mixed an album project where they need stems made for the artist to potentially use in her live shows. My question is how...

Deleted bd1be4f
replies: 0 views: 915
Deleted bd1be4f 10th March 2007

Hi!! Anybody here using a CMlabs controller? any advice? anything great o wrong? I am looking to get a CM Labs Motor Mate.

neon
replies: 6 views: 5,097
drockfresh 10th March 2007

maybe i'm missing something, but what is the difference between these. vintech is said to be an exact replica, even using same...

pepperjack
replies: 6 views: 2,360
Studiocat 10th March 2007

I've had a couple people give me the yeah yeah about GS. Whatever, I've practically got a free college education off this board....

soupking
replies: 4 views: 1,082
Sqye 10th March 2007

The Peluso 22 251 has been compared to the Telfunken ELAM USA 251. Harvey Gerst also compares the Studio Projects T3 to the...

Kroy
replies: 9 views: 4,749
Cujo 10th March 2007

I have been reviewing a few summing boxes. Costing between $700 to $3000 for a 8 to 16 channel unit. If summing is the only thing...

reinvention.of.man
replies: 12 views: 3,148
TEMAS 10th March 2007

need a cheap shockmount for a u87. im not willing to fork out £250 for a neumann shockmount. can anyone recommend any that work...

bendecido
replies: 4 views: 1,112
woomanmoomin 10th March 2007

Having seen a few pictures of Tom Lord Alge's studio, I've noticed that he has a Dunlop Rotovibe on his SSL. I'm wondering what...

delcosmos
replies: 4 views: 4,219
stevep 10th March 2007

I wrote a theme song for the podcast "This Week in Tech", which is a fairly popular show. I told them they could use...

markblasco
replies: 2 views: 1,291
Veej007 10th March 2007

I just went to work for a local studio that uses Pro Tools HD3 with a Control 24 mixer. I use a d8b with Nuendo and it works...

AlanTide
replies: 2 views: 1,314
jonnyclueless 10th March 2007

There has been a lot of bashing about the focusrite octopres on this forum! I have a live recordingkit that consist of 5 octopres...

hankloose
replies: 10 views: 1,570
joelpatterson 10th March 2007
Avatar for Crystal Mixing and Mastering

As a vocal mic, I starting to think that the Rode NT2 (not NT2A) is not very good. Ive noticed that the high end sounds pretty...

Crystal Mixing and Mastering
replies: 4 views: 1,084
jkung 10th March 2007

I got an EV Raven dynamic last year and still haven't recorded a single amp. I lent it to a local studio for tracking guitars and...

bobwarren
replies: 0 views: 1,330
bobwarren 10th March 2007

I bought this active ribbon mic and I can't get it to sound good. I've tried it on drums OH, el guitar, ac guitar, vocals. The...

dim light
replies: 0 views: 1,389
dim light 10th March 2007

i was thinking.if i compress a guitar in the mix im reducing the range between my direct and reverberant sound ( depth ). Does...

sourceslut
replies: 3 views: 774
Mike Caffrey 10th March 2007

so, what is with these? any good for super squash? mosely tfl-280 limiter ever heard one?

theom
replies: 0 views: 809
theom 10th March 2007

Last year I built a small (250 sq ft) studio in my apartment. Possibly the least successful aspect of the build is the live room...

TEMAS
replies: 6 views: 4,316
Mike Caffrey 10th March 2007

So, how much wave form or digital editing is availa ble on the Radar systems? Are you able to copy, paste, scrub, loop, move wave...

swankdoc
replies: 8 views: 1,149
Ruudman 10th March 2007

I know that they are making new mics, but just curious if there still modding...Thanks

Stoneroses6300
replies: 4 views: 1,033
cashewcupcake 10th March 2007

i have a few TC piecs like a M -ONE and a M-TWO, does anyone have probelms with some of the LED lights going out on these units,...

AllAboutTone
replies: 12 views: 2,402
lwr 10th March 2007

Let me explain my situation a little. I live in South Bend IN, and have been wanting to move to Chicago for a while. There are...

HevyCavy
replies: 1 views: 607
Calfee Jones 9th March 2007

What are some good decently priced, yet decently made full sized boom stands? I want to stay away from the $20 On-Stage stands...

gutsofgold
replies: 16 views: 3,114
bobwarren 9th March 2007

I got some mic stands that are made by Tama the drum company and I love them. Very solid. Made of chrome plated steel. I don't...

bobwarren
replies: 3 views: 843
bobwarren 9th March 2007

How does the Shadow Hills Pres compare to the Avalon 737? How much are the Shadow Hills Lunch Box Pres?

hubercraft
replies: 6 views: 1,085
Pericles 9th March 2007

Does anyone here know if the UA Plug-ins work with Pro Tools 7.3 HD?

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 714
[email protected] 9th March 2007

Was wondering if anyone was having success using the profire as an aggregate device with other Daws (coreaudio). I get that...

edham
replies: 2 views: 1,679
edham 9th March 2007

I am recording an album in mid april in Morin Heights and was wondering if any fellow Slutz know of any control 24's to rent as...

Mike Shipley
replies: 2 views: 813
Bad Khan 9th March 2007

Looking through the grill of my AT4033 I can see that the capsule is considerably tilt backwards. As this is my second AT where I...

liuto
replies: 1 views: 1,133
zilver 9th March 2007

The shockmount on my AT4050 is starting to fall apart after all these years, the "bungee cord" stuff is starting to...

DeeDrive
replies: 3 views: 2,422
Pasta4lnch 9th March 2007

I have two alternative ($ is a factor) ideas for buss submixing ( drums , keys , guitars)- what do you prefer ? Sending from...

janek 68
replies: 0 views: 941
janek 68 9th March 2007

i just got a used mix plus system but i'm having trouble finding the pro tools 6.4 software...anyone know where i can get it or...

judedog
replies: 1 views: 729
T_R_S 9th March 2007

just picked up the Soundtoys bundle and am very impressed! however, there's one really annoying glitch that I can't seem to get...

hive
replies: 0 views: 923
hive 9th March 2007

As I bought Genelecs 8040s a while ago I decided to turn my 1029As into my new home stereo system. I use it with a Studer A727 CD...

doorknocker
replies: 10 views: 4,134
doorknocker 9th March 2007

It's on! We are having a Thanksgiving gear demo party at Vocal Asylum. Saturday November 25th from 6pm on... Dinner and...

James Lugo
replies: 189 views: 12,760
rascal9 9th March 2007

i'm looking for an equaliser for amplified harp (pickup sound) for live performance i thought maybe this electro harmonix tube...

cebolao
replies: 0 views: 1,036
cebolao 9th March 2007

I am posting this in here, because it seems to have much more traffic than anywhere else. With the price of gear, what do some...

amishsixstringe
replies: 15 views: 1,095
AlexLakis 9th March 2007

does Big Ben help in anyway the sound with the Roestta 200? i don't really need all 8 channels of the 800, so i thought i could...

pepperjack
replies: 2 views: 907
Johnkenn 9th March 2007

how high do you guys like to have your near/mid field monitors? I've heard that you should have the tweeter and the same height...

Chuck B
replies: 3 views: 2,346
woomanmoomin 9th March 2007

And he's a very nice guy, enthusiastic twinkle in his eye, laid back, centered, focused, happy, courteous... Did I speak to him...

Blast9
replies: 2 views: 1,801
Sqye 9th March 2007

Hi guys I am still wondering how to free up some dough. After much debate on getting the SSL Duende I decided not to go for it-...

vibralux
replies: 13 views: 1,340
C/G 9th March 2007

This may be a dumb question but using a M-Audio Project mix controller for pro tools.. Do I need a AD/DA converter or does this...

skamaniac
replies: 1 views: 859
Kiwiburger 9th March 2007

Just thought it might be interesting to see how everyone started out. What you started with, your first project, how old,...

ecsound
replies: 9 views: 975
Sigma 9th March 2007

How do you go about recording drums when the drummer plays "normal" snare, sidestick and rimshot in the same song? ...

Joemamma
replies: 10 views: 4,349
Musiclab 9th March 2007

hello here is my situation i live in a old apartment building in seattle i have a humble setup just to make my music i will list...

ryjan
replies: 1 views: 568
ryjan 9th March 2007

or is there something like this out there? What I want for my live bass setup... I run my bass into my tuner pedal then...

TheMikesmith
replies: 3 views: 1,829
Tone Obsessed 9th March 2007

I'd really like to hear some opinions on which comp you would buy first. I have narrowed it down to a Buzz Audio SOC comp or...

BenJah
replies: 6 views: 1,546
numrologst 9th March 2007

What would you guys compare the DDA console pres to? My AMR24 was 8 grand for 36 channels of press and, 60 eq's! Thats bang for...

Audio_Vault
replies: 1 views: 4,421
KingDaddyO 9th March 2007

Moderators