Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Page 3122 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey everyone: I've been put in the consulting position for my school for building up this mix room to a decent standard....

Tabnetic
replies: 4 views: 705
Tabnetic 7th April 2007

I know its not so "cool" to make music on a PC, BUT can anybody tell me which PC's are better/worse for music? I've...

miercoles
replies: 29 views: 1,703
Spectacle 7th April 2007

Hi guys! do you know any good place where I can buy knobs for classic outboard gear ..I mean stuff for Lexicon, DBX... ...

AMIEL
replies: 3 views: 1,995
loujudson 7th April 2007

Not sure I’m posting in the proper place, but I’m having trouble finding info on this. I have a Mackie D8B (V5) and am trying...

Deadmeat
replies: 4 views: 2,077
Matt Hepworth 7th April 2007

Hello, I need some guitar preamp for using with speaker simulator (or integrated) for recording. I´m thinking about TECH 21...

siegfried
replies: 12 views: 2,003
Ashofapheonix 7th April 2007

Is there actually a 'sound quality' reason for using expensive Neutrik jacks or is it just a question of reliabilty and strength?...

TornadoTed
replies: 2 views: 1,058
tINY 7th April 2007

The DAV BG-1 is $960 here in the UK. How much does it cost you in the US?

kedbear
replies: 2 views: 728
Ashofapheonix 7th April 2007

Can anyone tell me if there's a difference in using xlr or 1/4 inch balanced plugs when the equipment being pluged into accepts...

gloworm
replies: 3 views: 1,643
dbbubba 6th April 2007

The post asking about the device or FX used to create Darth Vader's voice made me think about other "mystery" vocal...

dbbubba
replies: 1 views: 1,495
dbbubba 6th April 2007

I'm looking for a condenser or tube microphone around 1000-1500$. To narrow down my test options I thought I'd ask the forum what...

noone
replies: 10 views: 1,598
mixerguy 6th April 2007

Was thinking of getting a mpc i have never used one before. Not sure if i should get the 1000 or the new 500.Reason why i say...

Versatile255
replies: 2 views: 1,334
Versatile255 6th April 2007

I'm looking at getting an MPC3000 or MPC2000XL, what's the difference? I don't know much about samplers. Which one and why?...

James Lugo
replies: 16 views: 1,208
neilio 6th April 2007

Hi - ive been recording my guitar through an Avalon 737 - straight into logic via a Rosetta 800..and..i just cant get a decent...

TLMUSIC
replies: 5 views: 751
max cooper 6th April 2007
replies: - views: -
rowdy322 6th April 2007

I saw a chart that gave this info on Apogee's website but I can't find it again for some reason. Does anybody know, I'm trying...

feedback
replies: 9 views: 1,412
feedback 6th April 2007

002 rack, MUTO HD192 MUTO 828 which sound card is applied? For recording band sound music & mixing mainly And sometimes...

SUPKKZ
replies: 4 views: 1,614
zimv20 6th April 2007

Anyone familiar with the Guy Martin LA Audio Classic Compressor & Dual Channel Limiter Compressor ? Do you like it ? Which...

PrinsJan
replies: 0 views: 1,152
PrinsJan 6th April 2007

hello, anyone using or heard this very combination, or an A7 + a sub combination for that matter? what are your...

snapmastering
replies: 2 views: 1,645
norman_nomad 6th April 2007

Hey all~ I own a pair of NS10's and want to get a second pair of reference speakers to A/B mixes. I was thinking about either the...

clavman13
replies: 4 views: 957
tINY 6th April 2007

It is crucial to test a variety of equipment before you make your decision on a purchase. So I'm wondering how you go ahead and...

noone
replies: 2 views: 1,007
Jules 6th April 2007

Hi - i was told that one way of making a track sound wide was add a delay to the track and pan the orginal track hard one way and...

TLMUSIC
replies: 10 views: 3,466
Feinstrom 6th April 2007

Just wondering what kind of setups you ITB guys usually use on a modern processed rock snare. I find I'll often use 3 tracks...

Matt Hepworth
replies: 11 views: 2,723
thethrillfactor 6th April 2007

I'm still using a PT Mix rig (with no control surface) and was thinking about getting a Procontrol unit. Am I stupid to spend...

Dopamine
replies: 2 views: 806
Jonathan Starr 6th April 2007

hi. I need a bit of software that can convert 6 .wavs into an AC-3 for surround dvd audio. I have used A.pack in the past and i...

pieninja
replies: 6 views: 781
Mozart 6th April 2007

I'm a VO working full time in the industry, and have recently started doing some news/entertainment features for Buena...

kitstern
replies: 37 views: 3,429
Jim vanBergen 6th April 2007

Just listening to The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi right now and I'm amazed by the really nice fat, farting, rubbery synth sounds. ...

Kestral
replies: 0 views: 1,788
Kestral 6th April 2007

What gear type has caused the biggest "wow" effect in your career when it comes to good sound?

RainbowStorm
replies: 25 views: 1,855
Jim vanBergen 6th April 2007

Hi, There are a lot of tube preamps on the market. What I'm searchin' for is one that will give the signal a bit of distortion. ...

miqer
replies: 15 views: 2,384
Recycled_Brains 6th April 2007

I am looking for an affordable analogue recorder and found a Tascam 48 available from a reputable repair shop. They are asking...

drumzealot
replies: 2 views: 1,134
chetatkinsdiet 6th April 2007

On the mackie 3204 board, each vertical channel has a eq. (0) High (0) Mid - level (0) Mid - Frequency (0) Low Does...

CommunityMart
replies: 1 views: 1,025
max cooper 6th April 2007

Overdubbing and riding the volume fader can raise a record to sublime! It is a great tool for placing expression marks in the...

RainbowStorm
replies: 0 views: 2,122
RainbowStorm 6th April 2007

Hey fellow sluts, I'm just moving in another room and as I was connecting everything together I thought if it's good to run...

Florian
replies: 3 views: 2,014
Bob Ross 6th April 2007

are this mono? do i need to buy 2 of these in order to run it on stereo track? would that mean i have to set the knobs exactly...

pepperjack
replies: 11 views: 1,251
dingo 6th April 2007

(Posted with permission from Jules.) Hello, Let me first introduce myself, my name is Jonas Jalava and I study marketing at...

Ankherias
replies: 14 views: 2,050
Ankherias 6th April 2007

I'm searching for a Multichannel Preamp/Converter/FW-Interface that can be cascaded. I want to use two or three of them...

Christof
replies: 0 views: 2,359
Christof 6th April 2007

Hi friends Perhaps this is a stupid question but I am a bit confused about digital outs. I have an Mbox2 and want to buy a...

deuce42
replies: 3 views: 847
Kiwiburger 6th April 2007

Performing Arts Network Back in the 80's. This was the precursor to sites like...well...Gearslutz etc. You paid by the minute...

Jamz
replies: 7 views: 847
Jamz 6th April 2007

This is a little comparison between 2 compressors on a drumloop. Tried to set them the same. Any thoughts on the difference(s)?

Murray
replies: 23 views: 1,840
aryschien 6th April 2007

there sooooooooooooooo many and the fine print is just a pain in the Asss!! can someone please just recomend me a good credit...

gsilbers
replies: 20 views: 2,258
StrykeBack 6th April 2007

hey guys, i will be soon constructing my project studio in my basement. There is one exterior window - which i want to keep...

grexter
replies: 7 views: 2,886
tINY 6th April 2007

I have read a bunch of articles and threads and have spent hours practicing various minimal-mic techniques to record a drum set...

drumzealot
replies: 1 views: 1,172
tINY 6th April 2007

Ok, so I just found out that I'm getting a bonus in a couple of weeks. I'm finally down to making a decision and moving forward....

barryjohns
replies: 2 views: 645
FFTT 6th April 2007

Any of you folks found any pres you really like with this mic (or the CE, I guess)? If so, what qualities do the ones you like...

woomanmoomin
replies: 2 views: 1,913
ludwigvanlee 6th April 2007

Which would you rather have, the ART PRO VLA or the FMR RNC or maybe even the RNLA ?? If you could only have one....

sanjari
replies: 4 views: 1,423
VacuousZounds 6th April 2007

I'm opening a new studio, and in a thread a few months back, several people recommended organizing as two LLCs: one to hold the...

Jay Levitt
replies: 27 views: 1,997
Pohaku 6th April 2007

I'm exploring options for at least 16 automated faders on a control unit that works with CubaseSX3 and I may go up to Nuendo in...

reido113
replies: 7 views: 1,036
maq 6th April 2007

Anyone notice the obvious pitch correction in this tune? I realize that they have always been using it, but it definitly sounds...

jseveriniii
replies: 36 views: 4,043
DontLetMeDrown 6th April 2007

I have done much forum searching and read a lot abut setup with this unbalanced piece of equipment. My question is (I think) less...

TYY
replies: 6 views: 1,736
hopeless_opus 6th April 2007

if you had to choose, due to budget restrictions, what would you get first? a stereo pair distressors or a Fatso? i know its...

Rea
replies: 18 views: 4,142
Jamzone 6th April 2007

Hi all, I want to get a Magma expansion chassis for my TDM rig so I can expand beyond HD3. Which one is compatible with HD...

uptheoctave
replies: 1 views: 2,945
a2dpapi 5th April 2007

Moderators