Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Page 3042 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Fletcher or any other GS, I worked for a few years at a studio with all the usual great outboard and a mildly modified pm2000...

Kris Bang Boom
replies: 1 views: 5,162
catastrophic 4th August 2007

If this is your only mic on an entire drumkit, where are you putting this thing? I am about to try this on my next session....

BlueRadio
replies: 10 views: 1,054
Drumsound 4th August 2007

anyone have audio samples of the peluso mic or blue mics laike blueberry

jesusecordero
replies: 1 views: 870
warhead 4th August 2007

Workin on a job and they were gonna throw these out (some cut wires and broken tubes) so i took them home and just ordered all...

mus1k_freak
replies: 0 views: 3,270
mus1k_freak 4th August 2007

I've heard this track so many times in the background on bandwidth-limited AM radio stations, and (right now) its playing as hold...

Blast9
replies: 5 views: 1,719
Bob Olhsson 4th August 2007

Hey considering this, I do a lot of vocals and acoustic guitar.... what do you think ? do they make a 2 ch version ?

bonneybear
replies: 5 views: 1,156
s.d.finley 4th August 2007

I've been working my ass off to get myself a vintage mic. Finishing college and saving is a big venture, and before I go out and...

FatBassPlayer
replies: 27 views: 2,153
Bob Olhsson 4th August 2007

Hey guys, I got a video of something I've been doing to get more emotion in vocal tracks... This singer's x had him head over...

Bigbuzzum
replies: 3 views: 704
Bigbuzzum 4th August 2007

How big is the amount of gain on the fireface´s mic inputs compared to other similar products (e.g. apogee ensemble) i feel that...

mortlar
replies: 4 views: 1,216
slaves666 4th August 2007

Not the right forum for this, but a great money making scheme for a reality TV show would be to film episodes at someone's...

Simpleton
replies: 0 views: 694
Simpleton 4th August 2007

I'm considering both educational packages. Anyone got both? I usually record heavier rock, punk and metal type stuff. I'm...

filthyrich
replies: 12 views: 1,261
daniel c 4th August 2007

I have an opportunity to get an RME ADI-2 for a little under $500. I'm a longtime user of RME gear (9 years), I haven't heard...

jeswa
replies: 10 views: 5,226
88fingerz 4th August 2007

dummy question, please bare with me i'm not a complete idiot all of the time, but i can't quiet figure out what role this peice...

Colossal
replies: 1 views: 2,145
AAsa 4th August 2007

Which size kick drum to you prefer in your studio drum kit. I prefer a good 20 inch, the pefect punch and always works.........

AllAboutTone
replies: 41 views: 3,629
Kiwiburger 4th August 2007

Hi, finally I've decided to get a big Protools rig.hjghfgg After 12 years of loyal fidelity to DP I'm gonna leave ithidz , or...

delcosmos
replies: 86 views: 5,175
Deleted bd1be4f 4th August 2007

I'm contemplating how to best secure my studio. I have it insured, but some of my gear is irreplacable, hard to replace, or...

bluestarbass
replies: 34 views: 2,814
GuitarRuss 4th August 2007

Hello people, after searching in the forum and the net, couldnt retrieve any information of anyone who use API 225L compressor...

wrekdahouse
replies: 4 views: 1,725
wrekdahouse 4th August 2007

I was thinking about those times in which the engineer needs to make a decision based on what is best for the recording/band...

turnstile
replies: 5 views: 985
GuitarRuss 4th August 2007

I want to build a tube distortion pedal with a 6550. Is this impossible, pointless? Has it ever been done?

ihateregisterin
replies: 1 views: 830
Kiwiburger 4th August 2007

Yes, I know it's what a lot of us here do for a living (or hobby), and I agree that it's important to do pursue things to the...

nobo
replies: 41 views: 4,465
chrisj 4th August 2007

do you utilize the entire stereo spectrum? do you pan the cymbals 100% left or right? if using a +/-100% spectrum, can you tell...

hduncan
replies: 19 views: 3,686
BLueROom 4th August 2007

the end is the best part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qrKbNKgNE

godcity
replies: 42 views: 3,799
Alex Niedt 4th August 2007

I was reading this thread called Building a mix. The two last posts I read said that Steve Perkins first mixes the band, then...

sedohr
replies: 16 views: 1,086
u b k 4th August 2007

I am thinking about going with the E-MU 1616M for my laptop studio situation, but I am curious about its preamps. I have...

hduncan
replies: 10 views: 1,482
hduncan 4th August 2007

Was reading Electrical Audio's site, some of their mic info is pretty funny as well as being a bit of an education. They had...

uptheoctave
replies: 2 views: 1,857
Sean Sullivan 4th August 2007

Hi guys I am going to Minneapolis tommorow, staying for 5 days to do some work. Are there any places that I have got to see...

firby
replies: 20 views: 1,459
JPM 4th August 2007

hi guys, I'm setting up a chain for recording VO. Pre is John Hardy, mic U87, looking for a very good compressor (budget up to...

grexter
replies: 16 views: 2,273
VoxPro 4th August 2007

Hi! I am looking for a great Mojo Box for the 2 Bus, specially because i mix ITB and maybe some harware box would give a nice...

zak7
replies: 28 views: 3,995
11413 4th August 2007

I have been thinking about purchasing a 4track or 2track tape machine as a front end to warm up tracks that I will dump into my...

asndy82
replies: 5 views: 1,180
11413 4th August 2007

Much respect to all of the very experienced gearslutz whose brains i plan on picking clean. my name is raj and i'm in the process...

Raj Smoove
replies: 1 views: 1,229
hle144 4th August 2007

A friend of mine has a security company. He's looking for an experienced forensic audio expert with reasonable rates. Any...

barefoot
replies: 9 views: 1,762
max cooper 4th August 2007

I cut the lows on everything track within a song...cause I was curious about something. Sure enough, after boosting the lows in...

filthyrich
replies: 18 views: 1,658
filthyrich 4th August 2007

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting external converters: probably Mytek Stereo ADC 96 and Benchmark DAC1. Before shelling out...

grexter
replies: 4 views: 1,655
mytek 4th August 2007

In keeping with the theme of this thread: Why-do-you-compress-smash-room-mics-ohs Wondering what you folks are doing with EQ...

Autocrat
replies: 2 views: 1,702
not_so_new 4th August 2007
replies: - views: -
butterfly 4th August 2007

Nice article on Mike/Wunder in the new Tape Op mag. For some reason I had never made the Wunder/Misty Hill connection before....

Meriphew
replies: 1 views: 979
HudHudson 4th August 2007

ok so this is an incredible album imo. i would love to know a bit about the production and engineering on this record. does...

jdjustice
replies: 0 views: 1,009
jdjustice 3rd August 2007

Hi folks, I recently picked up a Vox Repeat Percussion unit and while putting in a new battery the yellow wire has come off the...

Digam11
replies: 1 views: 935
Kiwiburger 3rd August 2007

The 2.5" drives can run off of USB power, take up a little less room wherever you are, and can now be purchased at 7200RPM. ...

hduncan
replies: 7 views: 773
ddageek 3rd August 2007

alrighty, i'll be recording someone next week who wants to track as many elements as possible / practical live in the one...

dubrichie
replies: 11 views: 1,458
djbrough 3rd August 2007

Anyone have any inside stuff on this? Incredible record. I'm really curious about the drums particularly. Amazing drum sounds.

redddog
replies: 34 views: 7,278
csimprov 3rd August 2007

Gearslutz is a great forum for recording purposes, but my start and true passion is in sound reinforcement. I mean I already...

Jejune
replies: 2 views: 664
macrae11 3rd August 2007

Hey everyone, How necessary is a power conditioner? Right now, I'm just running my G5, 002, two computer monitors, and two...

wallawannabe
replies: 11 views: 3,363
The Byre 3rd August 2007

If you were to get your very first outboard and all you had was an u87 and a germanium pre, which of these packages would you...

Kim Crimson
replies: 8 views: 1,044
chandlersonic 3rd August 2007

Hello everybody, i am still thinking which pre-amp(s) is the right thing for me to get? Mainly i record percussion...

Frederick
replies: 19 views: 1,500
mejon 3rd August 2007

Hi everybody! A couple of days ago a client of mine told me that a new studio is about to open in my area. He said...

erwinor
replies: 2 views: 731
hle144 3rd August 2007

Dear all I am think to get another reference Monitor. I got ADAM A7 and BoomBox. Hope to get one pair Passive with Adcom...

alyi
replies: 0 views: 1,887
alyi 3rd August 2007

I was talking to a friend about my 610 and was wondering if anybody know if this is a 60's version or later,I've seen that the...

The dman
replies: 10 views: 3,524
MJGreene Audio 3rd August 2007
replies: - views: -
Jules 3rd August 2007

I really have no idea if the answer to this is obvious or not as I typically do a lot of tracking rather than mixing up until...

wilkinswp
replies: 12 views: 3,387
not_so_new 3rd August 2007

Moderators