Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Page 2748 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi GS, I'm interested in obtaining one of the smaller rhodes pianos somewhere in the used market, but I'd like to also find a...

soupking
replies: 22 views: 7,528
soupking 5th August 2008

I recently bought an arsenal of tambourines, shakers etc... that I need for some tracks. which kind of mic do you choose for...

Neon Heart
replies: 17 views: 1,478
reid 4th August 2008

Just picked this record up. THE MIX IS AMAZING! Koudos to everyone involved on that record. Would love to know more about how...

EvilE
replies: 0 views: 946
EvilE 4th August 2008

I was just curious what kind of COmpressor or limiter do you guys put on the vocal bus (all vocals routed) with what Kind of...

mdjice
replies: 19 views: 8,041
Benmrx 4th August 2008

Is low latency software monitoring anything that most singers will notice?

m_gant
replies: 9 views: 923
theblue1 4th August 2008

I have a chance to pick up a 1960 Marshall that has 4 Eminence Legend GB128 speakers in it. The price is around $300. What i'm...

rekloos
replies: 1 views: 1,285
rekloos 4th August 2008

Hi all I don't write reviews much and I don't tend to get overly excited about gear, I like what I like but I don't often go...

not_so_new
replies: 18 views: 4,571
Paul Wolff Designs 4th August 2008

Hi there, i'm looking for a good fx device and i've been offered both a Fireworx and a Mangler at a very good price. I've...

faizz
replies: 3 views: 1,223
Overdrive 4th August 2008

Mackie DXB200, I purchased this board new two years ago. Moving to an API. This console has been great and there is nothing to...

Jeff Herrmann
replies: 1 views: 1,861
Crash 4th August 2008

Hi everyone! I am looking for a nice audio interface to bring out the analog in my Voyager and Andromeda. Right now I have a...

Ryowolf
replies: 0 views: 660
Ryowolf 4th August 2008

Hi GS, This one is kind of hard to explain, but it's really cool and going to be a big help for us calibrating these machines in...

soupking
replies: 7 views: 987
soupking 4th August 2008

i just moved to boring old utah and i have been looking all over for an assistant job or even someone who shares the same musical...

jourdan11
replies: 2 views: 720
wes 4th August 2008

hi everybody I have this question after two years to sleeping my prefered machine a emt 252 that fix no more new sets...

pongo
replies: 0 views: 858
pongo 4th August 2008

Hi all- I've been mixing with my P22a's for about a year and a half or more now and I'm finding that my mixes translate as...

infiniteposse
replies: 12 views: 5,767
norman_nomad 4th August 2008

Hi, I've posted my first thread on this site 30 minutes ago. The entire message was not displayed and the site is now...

BOOM
replies: 1 views: 1,004
Jules 4th August 2008

Is this mission impossible: I'd like to be able to bring 24-32 tracks (staying digital) out of my DAW, through some sort of...

adpz
replies: 11 views: 1,510
Bassmankr 4th August 2008

I'm looking to expand my knowledge of the entire recording process. I have read some really good books and some really bad...

booyah14
replies: 1 views: 887
Jules 4th August 2008

Hi to all, I'm new to the forum. I have read and agreed to abide by the gearslut rules. I've noticed that one is not allowed...

BOOM
replies: 1 views: 970
warhead 4th August 2008

Hi; Just wondering what announced, but not yet released, new gear is blowing your skirt up? Maybe I may see something that I...

Mind-Over-Midi
replies: 24 views: 2,075
Sk106 4th August 2008

or does it just offset the strain on the CPU? I can only find opinions about plugins in the search, not this sort of detail.

TheLoud1Please
replies: 5 views: 1,113
zeljkom 4th August 2008

I am having trouble finding a direct comparison from seventh circle's A12 and API 512c. is it worth the extra cash going with api...

smbaudio
replies: 4 views: 3,547
Deleted 93bb4d4 4th August 2008

At this stage I feel like this is probably my biggest obstacle in obtaining polished sounding mixes. I Would appreciate any...

paul101
replies: 34 views: 3,193
gurubuzz 4th August 2008

I don't meant the Cher-effect use of it, which I think of more as a special effect or studio trick. Although I do still continue...

KeithAdv
replies: 38 views: 2,491
doorknocker 4th August 2008

If you did 2 or three mixes and you like them all what do you pick?

spektor
replies: 7 views: 854
Deleted 99dc753 4th August 2008

I have a project studio which consists of a 003 with some outboard pres. i go out of my 003's LandR outs into rokit 5 speakers. I...

hectc7
replies: 4 views: 2,341
d.dot 4th August 2008

I'm listening to Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice on vinyl. The guitars sound amazing and you can really tell they were recorded...

heisleyamor
replies: 11 views: 2,295
u b k 4th August 2008

What is the best way for a new studio to attract business? I have some bills to pay!

BlakeJohnsonCSR
replies: 6 views: 1,123
TheChariot 4th August 2008

HI all, I have a new Mac Pro which shipped with 2 GB of RAM, and I have purchased 4 more 2GB sticks from crucial.com...My...

phaedrus
replies: 1 views: 699
turnstile 4th August 2008

Anyone know any good tape machine techs in Los Angeles?

Nu-tra
replies: 10 views: 954
Nu-tra 4th August 2008

Okay, I'm new to gearslutz so I hope this is in the right section of the forum...but I just picked up a pair of Yamaha HS-50 and...

BeatJunkie5
replies: 0 views: 1,171
BeatJunkie5 4th August 2008

A colleague of mine today was extolling the virtues of this product. (In case you're not familiar with it by name, it's that...

Ben B
replies: 107 views: 10,181
Charles Dye 4th August 2008

I saw this mixer at a local thrift store. The info on it shows its from the early 70's. Solid state stuff, I assume. It looked...

Nightbreed
replies: 9 views: 14,155
Steffmo 4th August 2008

Go ahead and post, have you pushed a Hammond up hill for 4 miles to get it home? Other crazy gear stories? I'm in Atlanta and...

Jay-
replies: 21 views: 2,182
NorseHorse 4th August 2008

I often hear people say that the difference between different preamps is huge and the difference between this EQ and that EQ is...

shadewind
replies: 40 views: 2,820

Hey Guys , trying to find some info of what type of brand digidesign is using for all of their digisnake cables . I had to grab a...

ARIEL
replies: 3 views: 915
ARIEL 4th August 2008

I purposefully didn't post this in the mastering section because a mastering engineers opinion isn't what matters to me.... What...

TRA
replies: 11 views: 1,237

Is it common practice to use preamps to send a mix through? If so, why? Coloration, loudness? Is it common to do this to an...

toasteh
replies: 5 views: 726

I have a Warwick Corvette 5 string with active MEC J/J pickups. I know I want an active DI to bring it to the board. I was...

museic
replies: 2 views: 753
museic 4th August 2008

I have a small project studio centred around solo acoustic guitar music. I am running Cubase SX with an EMU 1820m, a pair of...

koostix
replies: 4 views: 709
PRobb 4th August 2008

I've been lurking here for a while, and posting within the last few weeks and something been annoying me about the...

Dog Boots
replies: 1 views: 676
the_man361 4th August 2008

what are your favorite preamp choices for kick/snare and ovhds? i have UA2108 that sounds good on kick/snare but would like to...

xiandishinger
replies: 61 views: 11,389
vernier 4th August 2008

...apart from removing the 3 philips screws from just underneath the bottom of the keys, and the two control knobs, is there...

oldspeckledhen
replies: 2 views: 639
ebot9000 4th August 2008

I'm considering picking up a LynxTwo-C. There's no MIDI input/output on the card, as far as I can tell. So I was wondering... If...

simplecarnival
replies: 1 views: 752
simplecarnival 3rd August 2008

Well, I am really happy with my CL 7602s. The DI input on bass is badass!. Looking for another 2 channels with EQ. Any...

AnalogBrain
replies: 12 views: 1,349
Benmrx 3rd August 2008

Hi guys, So I've picked up this audio technica pro 2ax vocal mic. I know that its garbage but i'm interested in fixing it. The...

JMAV
replies: 0 views: 1,305
JMAV 3rd August 2008

anybody know of any good links/sources where i can find information on the noteworthy producers and engineers of the past (and...

rodge
replies: 9 views: 922
Bob Olhsson 3rd August 2008

I was thinking of getting some but can anyone tell me what happens on the A7s if you have both the balanced and unbalanced...

bulley
replies: 2 views: 949
bulley 3rd August 2008

With the july special from Mcdsp, I decided to buy 2 of their native plug ins. Here are the plug ins I already have : Waves...

deardaddy
replies: 13 views: 1,434
Deleted 1a30a04 3rd August 2008

I just purchased a pair of the M-Audio Ex-66 monitors, but haven't received them yet. I read all of the posts here, but most...

rxfit06
replies: 7 views: 1,374
rxfit06 3rd August 2008

Hey guys. I need some help with micing up a drum set. I'm just kind of learning the ropes and wanted some suggestions. For...

KidGibRic
replies: 11 views: 1,158
TeReKeTe 3rd August 2008

Moderators