Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Page 1872 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I hope not to have choosen the wrong forum. I have to record a guitar with its amp (head+cabinet) and I would carry the head's...

next
replies: 4 views: 601
John Suitcase 24th March 2011

So, for the past couple of years I've been waiting on getting good DA conversion (just have an Apogee Mini-Me AD +002) because I...

tstu102
replies: 15 views: 900
T_R_S 24th March 2011

I have a duet and run it with logic 9 and love it but lately I've been getting some jitter. Sometimes none and sometimes I have...

nodie33
replies: 3 views: 1,027
nodie33 24th March 2011

Looking to rent a pair of Meyer HD-1 from April 2 through 7 in the city. Any ideas? Dreamhire can't help.

Wyn Davis
replies: 2 views: 596
Wyn Davis 24th March 2011

I've searched all over, came close to finding it, but it was a V72b schematic... Any help would be much appreciated....

KrisMiller
replies: 1 views: 4,810
beingmf 24th March 2011

Hi All, I need to recreate this vocoder effect with vsts, since I dont own hardware vocoders. YouTube - Beastie Boys -...

blackafgano
replies: 1 views: 669
blackafgano 24th March 2011

Any tips on how to get the acoustic guitar sound of Boston's song Hitch a ride regarding how many guitars, type of mic, and how...

coachz
replies: 2 views: 691
coachz 24th March 2011

Hi! I have a problem to connect ground, because the old black ground-cable is at the replaced Tuchel connector. The screw...

1970Jumpy
replies: 0 views: 786
1970Jumpy 24th March 2011

Hi Everyone This is my first post. I been kinda out of the recording loop for a while and im looking for some advice. I own a...

niallmegs
replies: 5 views: 1,712
niallmegs 24th March 2011

Do you ever find yourself dumping songs because you feel they are too simple?I think for me, its becoming a disease. Basic rock...

dodittydada
replies: 46 views: 5,039
FFTT 24th March 2011

Hey guys... I had the great fortune to be given a box of electronics, and in it was an API 3124 card! I am pretty psyched about...

bareknucklejones
replies: 2 views: 1,416
API Sez... 24th March 2011

They stopped over and we were checking out some cool gear. Vz2haIcPOQ4

James Lugo
replies: 15 views: 2,084
rascal9 24th March 2011

I really don't need a full transport remote control, but do need some sort of remote Start/Stop foot pedal for tracking and...

FFTT
replies: 4 views: 1,631
FFTT 24th March 2011

Anyone has a plug in mind or any settings for a multiband comp etc? I would like to open a really offensive...

switch1
replies: 0 views: 587
switch1 24th March 2011

Anyone know anything about these? Been offered a 2nd hand one. 32 channels. Are they any good? Thanks

TWINSTATES
replies: 0 views: 611
TWINSTATES 24th March 2011

I'm running Logic 9 and my D/A converter is the Benchmark DAC-1 (which I won as a result of Gearslutz :-) My macbook pro had an...

juicylime
replies: 3 views: 2,204
John Willett 24th March 2011

I have Focal Twin Bs and I just got a sub. it does not give tips in the manual on placement. Are you supposed to have the sub...

Joji
replies: 6 views: 1,232
NeedsMoreFuzz 24th March 2011

hy guys, i have seen i lots of pro studios that when miking a vocal, the mic hangs from a stand- in other words, it is turned...

Shrum
replies: 10 views: 3,674
Dayo 24th March 2011

I got the original CD bought like 20 years ago an the shaker on the intro is on the right side. Than I have this remastered...

Mite
replies: 6 views: 958
Mite 24th March 2011

Sorry, hopefully this isn't a repeat. And I know we're all in different places, so everyone's responses won't be fascinating to...

Jazzooo
replies: 1 views: 620
studioleorec 24th March 2011

Hi All, Does anyone know of any 8 way TRS-TRS snakes that can be fully plugged into a MOTU 828mk3's analog inputs or outputs?...

Jayji
replies: 4 views: 979
jmik 24th March 2011

My second Tune-o-matic bridge collapsed and I'm forced to buy some new ones. I can't afford the Callaham, and i'm leaning toward...

fastlanestoner
replies: 1 views: 543
travisbrown 24th March 2011

Hi first time here I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get good schematics with values of all the parts listed for a...

Breakthesteel
replies: 3 views: 770
Lehmman 24th March 2011

As I get ready to make my next interface purchase, I find I'm severely lacking in firewire inputs. I'm running a 2010 15"...

noise17
replies: 15 views: 2,028
noise17 24th March 2011

Wondering If anyone has tried to clock the older DA16 with the new AD16x will it improve my old DA 16'd DA? thanks KBB

Kris Bang Boom
replies: 4 views: 819
kittonian 24th March 2011

I'm in a toss up between these two, im just wondering a couple things how clean are the digi 003 pre's when you start pushing...

benjaminp
replies: 0 views: 1,186
benjaminp 24th March 2011

I know I'm a dinosaur so no laughing! I have been using a tascam mx2424 to record with for the last 8 years or so and today I had...

blackvansteve
replies: 7 views: 1,215
Steffmo 24th March 2011

What would be a better complement to the 550A I already have? My initial thought was to get the versatile Great River but I also...

johnnyc
replies: 2 views: 1,169
johnnyc 24th March 2011

I just got a TC1210 finally, I love the sound of this thing, are there any tricks to setting this up? Its running this in the...

Les Paul Gibson
replies: 0 views: 1,880
Les Paul Gibson 24th March 2011
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording

Watch the "Designing your Home Studio" tutorials. The host is overtly ogling his attractive young female assistant....

Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
replies: 1 views: 893
AcademyCurve 24th March 2011

Anyone know if pinch rollers are interchangeable between the various Revox machines, specifically an A77 and PR99? Also, it seems...

Quint
replies: 12 views: 2,944
Quint 24th March 2011

and these plug-ins: Is there a clear cut winner between UAD's ssl plug-in channel strip and waves', as far as emulating the real...

profplume
replies: 24 views: 2,111
Kenny Gioia 24th March 2011

I'm looking for an alternative to the STA Level compressor..something that will basically pin the bass to the floor of the...

Gav G
replies: 7 views: 2,127
Kaigen 24th March 2011

Bob Heil is on a show called triangulation right now @ live.twit.tv very cool.

rustez
replies: 0 views: 628
rustez 24th March 2011

And probably changing the name?...ha. But yeah, does anyone know/think RME is planning on doing anything like that? And if it...

Cartrobber
replies: 4 views: 2,571
superwack 24th March 2011

Hi, What is your goto vocal chain? I'm mainly interested in preamp / comp etc as mics tend to be more heavily dependent on...

dickiefunk
replies: 7 views: 1,363
andychamp 23rd March 2011

I accidently flipped the phase on my stompbox in front of my guitar-amp before recording. I'm not doing any blending or summing...

blackcom
replies: 4 views: 781
-tc- 23rd March 2011

Just wondering the pitfalls of mixing I always seem to have vocals too thin and roll of too much bass what about everyone else?

finlove
replies: 83 views: 8,279
Cheebs Goat 23rd March 2011

hello guys, just bought 2 wm-1 mic preamps from poland for 300 euro (both). i've read they are the eastern siemens v276...

ONE LUV
replies: 0 views: 1,218
ONE LUV 23rd March 2011

I got a deal on from Sweetwater for a M-Box 2 Mini, PT LE 8 with a crossgrade to PT9. I'm using the PT9 with my FF800 and I have...

climber
replies: 1 views: 1,077
RTR 23rd March 2011

Long time reader, first time poster... I was looking at buying the MCU Pro and extender, but came across someone selling the...

atomicvai
replies: 2 views: 1,598
atomicvai 23rd March 2011

i currently own the mbox mini and the LE that came with. i am still very new to this recording stuff so ill continue to learn...

thecharlie
replies: 5 views: 1,807
|-| 23rd March 2011

I'm coming to the end of tracking an album which I will probably send to a mix engineer to mix. How much 'cleaning up' do you...

A440
replies: 42 views: 3,168
fastlanestoner 23rd March 2011

I'm working on a mix for a honky-tonk trio client(s). they are vocal/acoustic guitar, steel guitar and bass. I started mixing in...

climber
replies: 0 views: 779
climber 23rd March 2011

I'm trying out the transient designer and a few others, I've never used a TD so it's a new thing to me, but I like it! Do...

AstralPStudios
replies: 2 views: 830
AstralPStudios 23rd March 2011

Does anyone know if there is a shortcut so that if I have a track selected in protools I can automatically bring it up on the...

ericemery
replies: 0 views: 477
ericemery 23rd March 2011

Hi, I just purchased a RNC. It has unbalanced ins and outs. I want to use it on the inserts of my Mackie Onyx 1640i, which are...

SDB_12
replies: 15 views: 2,307
SDB_12 23rd March 2011

I just have a link to a recording I made some weeks ago, and thought I'd share with anyone interested. It's two Sennheiser...

Dog Boots
replies: 3 views: 2,352
AstralPStudios 23rd March 2011

Tempo is between 60 to 120bpm. It's fairly common to sing syncopated 16th note lines in pop music, but most vocalists I work with...

r4uz
replies: 32 views: 2,177
jonnymac 23rd March 2011

Hi, Sorry if this is a basic question and possibly misses the point, but I'd value advice from experienced board members. I am...

Ipplepen
replies: 9 views: 1,286
Reveirg 23rd March 2011

Moderators