Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Page 1712 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Just like the title reads. Getting ready to place a $7500 order on tuesday and want to find the cheapest retailer in canada to...

NewBlood
replies: 5 views: 479
oldeanalogueguy 3rd October 2011

So I'm about to embark on doing a new solo record. I want to streamline process and believe I've narrowed my choices of mic...

bink
replies: 1 views: 844
bink 3rd October 2011

After yesterday's discussion about the Wavelore pedal steel, I checked out the demo and decided to purchase it. Since yesterday...

dambro2
replies: 4 views: 1,005
tanner4545 3rd October 2011

After so many wonderful things happened in the digital audio domain (Sonnox, DMG, Nebula, VCC...), one thing occured to me as an...

Chagalj
replies: 10 views: 2,223
Chagalj 3rd October 2011

Just a curiosity question for those working in a hybrid setup. Are there any particular tracks or groups of tracks you tend to...

Deleted f25ebd2
replies: 30 views: 3,183
Puffer Fish 2nd October 2011

Hey guys I'm considering these two preamps for male vocals, does anyone know which will have a bigger bottom end? Any other...

REX
replies: 2 views: 622
yotonic 2nd October 2011

I have Event ASP8's, and they both recently started doing this buzzing noise when low frequencies hit it. When I turn the xlr...

Einstein
replies: 1 views: 636
Puffer Fish 2nd October 2011

I have an opportunity to engineer a record by a semi-obscure artist. One who has some semi-famous friends (who might be involved...

ad180
replies: 17 views: 1,337
ad180 2nd October 2011

I have stumbled across what looks to be a old fender jazz bass, this is my question, is it a...

Thearch
replies: 6 views: 2,268
_Ludovico 2nd October 2011

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I've been having an issue with my Alesis Micron. A few keys on it (first...

djmc
replies: 0 views: 606
djmc 2nd October 2011
replies: 1 views: 1,972
by-tor 2nd October 2011

Anyone know about this vocal booths. Are they a viable option to going into a top studio? cant find any reviews or comparissons...

chrisgil
replies: 0 views: 1,245
chrisgil 2nd October 2011

Recently I posted a thread asking about whether the older EV N/D408a is similar to the current N/D468 and didn't get an answer. I...

John N
replies: 3 views: 6,880
jpoole689 2nd October 2011

Hey all :) Can you guys give me a few links to some sites that sell speaker drivers. I know of Meniscusaudio, Madisound,...

nonsuchpro
replies: 4 views: 1,269
Jim Williams 2nd October 2011

hi guys, Im looking into getting another condenser mic as the one I am using right now is not cutting it. I am a operatic...

rocksoprano25
replies: 1 views: 706
edva 2nd October 2011

Hey DFW slutz, Spunky at The Audio Dawg (I-635 exit Luna Road) will be hosting an SSL product demo this coming Tuesday from...

quadrafunk
replies: 3 views: 766
quadrafunk 2nd October 2011

Can find next to no information or history of the AKG D140E mic which someone told me was used a lot by the Who. I have one...

pashatom
replies: 1 views: 4,816
buzzkinard 2nd October 2011

Hey gang - I have a motorola earpiece (meant for a cellphone). I was thinking it'd make a useful talkback mic for me. Anybody...

rcb4t2
replies: 1 views: 1,634
tomwatson 2nd October 2011

Ok here we have 2 different compressors. What are the (usual) different applications between them? Why would I use one before the...

Salparadise
replies: 5 views: 1,425
psycho_monkey 2nd October 2011

i need help. Ok, so since i cannot use studio monitors i am left with using cans as my only option(neighbors will have a fit). ...

Electro13
replies: 9 views: 1,226
302efi 2nd October 2011

Last week I got a pretty amazing sound with just 1 omni mic (47 clone LDC) placed 9ft in the air just above the kit, 1 (421) kick...

sage691
replies: 13 views: 1,323
phillyn 2nd October 2011

Hey all, I need an amplifier to power a set of 3-way studio monitors. Which would be a better choice the QSC RMX 850 (class A/B)...

nonsuchpro
replies: 0 views: 2,329
nonsuchpro 2nd October 2011

was mixing this rock record today...going back to mixes i'd done a couple weeks ago. trying to figure out how to get that last 5%...

jonathan jetter
replies: 6 views: 833
jonathan jetter 2nd October 2011

Why don't I read about more people doing this?

jbuntz
replies: 11 views: 10,886
mjtripper 2nd October 2011

Southpark episode Funny episode Sea014Ep02

teknatronik
replies: 2 views: 992
Bender412 2nd October 2011

I am trying to decide between the Adam Sub8 and the Focal CMS SUB. The Adam comes with a remote control to change the sub...

capproach
replies: 2 views: 1,440
capproach 2nd October 2011

I found a multitrack recording of Judas Priest and would like to know what type of distortion effect the guitar solo has at 2:13...

sentinel7
replies: 3 views: 990
smili 2nd October 2011

Hey all, I just moved and am looking for a MIDI controller for my new studio. It needs to fit on my desk with my keyboard and...

MaxHupertz
replies: 7 views: 6,095
ageofaudio 2nd October 2011

Hey everyone, I thought it'd be great to share any and all tips and tricks acquired over the years. You can include insider...

asdfdsa
replies: 186 views: 22,450
SLKATZ71 2nd October 2011

Hey guys I just got this new amp to power a Cerwin Vega JE-36c I just picked up. In the future I'm going to have this amp run two...

Lilbroz
replies: 0 views: 1,518
Lilbroz 2nd October 2011

Evening all , I just got some sessions for an artist that noticed some hissing and lot's of noise in the mixes during her...

saguinus_gr
replies: 4 views: 975
Drumsound 1st October 2011

I've been shopping and pricing around online lately.. mostly pricing out api 3124's and deciding which route I'm going to take on...

BFrederick
replies: 2 views: 673
BFrederick 1st October 2011

My buddy ( a young guitar virtuoso ) is going on his 2nd European tour in November and he was asking me if I knew of any cool...

dabigfrog
replies: 13 views: 15,667
Blurgh 1st October 2011

i need help. Ok, so since i cannot use studio monitors i am left with using cans as my only option(neighbors will have a fit). ...

Electro13
replies: 21 views: 2,332
Anthony Duran 1st October 2011

So Ive got 4 lavalier mics that werent turned off during recording drums... I'd like to automate mutes to get rid of the...

kleraudio
replies: 3 views: 1,833
kleraudio 1st October 2011

I'm a bit confused about the inputs and outputs of the HD omni. I did a search on here and found loads of threads on the Omni...

Jorg
replies: 3 views: 6,041
T_R_S 1st October 2011

All, I'm trying to get the chorus (vocals) to sit behind the mix. I've tried everything at this point (eq, lowering vocal...

twotonbrick
replies: 12 views: 938
jonathan jetter 1st October 2011

I have my kick drum on mixer channel one. I want to effect 8 separate sounds with this single kick signal. How ? I wire my...

Kola
replies: 12 views: 1,196
savyurrecords 1st October 2011

hiya!! I have gotten to the point where I KNOW I am missing a lot in the low-end of my mixes. I own a pair of Yorkville YSM1p's....

fooman
replies: 4 views: 881
fooman 1st October 2011

I started out with a new Fender Chroma Polaris and along the way have had Roland D-50, Korg Wavestation, a Mini Moog and there...

tenorjazz
replies: 0 views: 586
tenorjazz 1st October 2011

If I asked you, what are the sonic characteristics of Jazz, what would you say?

Drum Mason
replies: 1 views: 1,563
Jim Williams 1st October 2011

I know I should of thought of this question when Butch Vig was on here doing a Q&A. But does anyone know what effects were...

Keith Moore
replies: 10 views: 9,677
Waltz Mastering 1st October 2011

I just grabbed a 28 channel SW series 30 it s 8 buss but how do you mix on this ??? are the bus groups just raw outputs do they...

Kris Bang Boom
replies: 13 views: 967
Kris Bang Boom 1st October 2011

Lavry's paper that everyone loves to point to says this: How many sample points are needed? Analog signal is continuous thus it...

oldeanalogueguy
replies: 167 views: 9,912
Audiop 1st October 2011

Hey fellow gearslutz!! Wow I was listening to Madonna's Ray of Light in along time and I once again noticed how great this...

xqtion
replies: 1 views: 3,522
gainreduction 1st October 2011

I have heard that there is signal degredation when re-amping is used, and I am wondering how much truth there is here? Obviously...

Devon8822
replies: 30 views: 6,716
mu6gr8 1st October 2011

Hey guys, wonder if you could help me choose which mics to record solo violin. It's a classical part that's going to soar...

robteehan
replies: 5 views: 1,266
axlepaas 1st October 2011

Hay slutz , I'm a bedroom banger electronic/hiphop producer and conciencious gearslut. I've been building up my studio over a few...

Protokol
replies: 24 views: 1,444
jonathan jetter 1st October 2011

Pretty much what the titles asks. Do in ear monitors isolate better when they are being driven? Of course you won't hear as...

BigKD
replies: 5 views: 772
wesarvin 1st October 2011

Fellow slutz! So I've talked to a couple people about this, and ended up at guitar center and asked them (not too much help as...

DRMS4LYFE
replies: 5 views: 3,201
DRMS4LYFE 1st October 2011

Moderators