Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm a PC user (here come the PC jokes) and have tried the Motu M4 which gave me crackles and pops, the iD14 Mkii which gave me...

texxas
replies: 32 views: 634
texxas 17 minutes ago

Nice article in the UK Guardian paper today about the forthcoming book and streaming TV series on the Beatles 'Let it Be'...

Mike Lambert
replies: 7 views: 478
joelpatterson 30 minutes ago

RIP

For Stephen Sondheim.

onewire
replies: 0 views: 1
onewire 47 minutes ago

I'm building a small setup to record mainly vocals and some percussion, I'd like to have your advice for a first microphone not...

Pepebao
replies: 55 views: 1,057
joeq 51 minutes ago

Just wondering does a single (mono) room mic on a drum kit even make sense? I’m doing some home recording and have a Rode...

thomearl
replies: 18 views: 415
Poopypants 1 hour ago

am wondering what it is about gear design that provides a 3d sound??

gouge
replies: 76 views: 8,829
elegentdrum 1 hour ago

Not sure I am asking this question in the right forum, but here goes... Going to be tracking a song in the near future that is...

John N
replies: 1 views: 40
NathanEldred 1 hour ago

Apologies for being daft, but what is this microphone? The round one that they keep using as side address, even though it has the...

weave
replies: 2 views: 123
kennybro 1 hour ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,081 views: 149,508
monkeyxx 1 hour ago

Hi, new forum member looking for advice/criticism on my shortlist of monitors for my treated room, pics below to give you an idea...

Somafunk
replies: 14 views: 1,470
Somafunk 1 hour ago

I've narrowed it down to thse two and they are basically same price. I don't want to get both and don't have a lot of time to...

Bluzzi
replies: 2 views: 67
Rob 28 1 hour ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,446 views: 110,747
Ward Pike 3 hours ago

Salutations Slutz, I have been recording with Pro Tools for the last 10 years. Before that I was recording on hard disk...

Master Moss
replies: 28 views: 4,926
djsmps 4 hours ago

I currently have a presonus 1824c, which has 8 mic inputs. I have outgrown this. I currently could get by with 9, but I could...

Mastiff
replies: 4 views: 136
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

I have a pop kid I'm producing and she lives in Singapore zip code 437936. I need someone to work with me on this project who has...

James Lugo
replies: 1 views: 116
Gonzbull 5 hours ago

I'm trying to find a headphone that is an upgrade from audiotechnica m50x, but has a similar frequency response. I also own a...

grymoire
replies: 3 views: 103
facej 5 hours ago

How do people feel about SSL new product releases? They seem to be now selling interfaces at Mackie prices. Me personally I’m...

henry miller
replies: 6 views: 223
Gonzbull 5 hours ago

Sooo... Mr. Internet knows next to nothing about her aside from this pic of the yet-to-be-released next month's copy of SOS mag....

mp3
replies: 1,719 views: 273,152
johnnysaw01 5 hours ago

Has anybody used one of these? I've been offered one in excellent condition for $600 What are your opinions? Thanks.

DrShann
replies: 38 views: 36,214
_jon 5 hours ago

So, I bought the mic in the pic for $75 to see if it would be a good mod platform. I like the color scheme. First, I had a good...

Rob Coates
replies: 0 views: 48
Rob Coates 5 hours ago

Looking to buy a preowned Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Bundle Plugin. In need for a second workstation. Anybody looking to sell?

voice
replies: 0 views: 50
voice 6 hours ago

Hi: I've seen some references to London Calling on gearslutz over time, but i couldn't really find much info on the mics, board,...

James Guitar
replies: 33 views: 5,314
YDrecords 6 hours ago

i'm relatively new to the outboard world. can anybody tell me the main differences in sound and nuance between active and passive...

robotchicken
replies: 26 views: 6,897
momomel 6 hours ago

Hi friends, I have an old Lexicon 960L from a friend of mine that I am testing, but when I turn it on, the LARC display reads...

Simonluka
replies: 36 views: 2,340
Simonluka 7 hours ago

Geoff Tanner has had my GTQC for OVER TWO YEARS for a repair. I sent it back two and a half years ago to be repaired and it...

JCPMusic
replies: 4 views: 439
thismercifulfate 7 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 5,775 views: 601,819
ProducerBoy 7 hours ago

Or recording equipment in general? I would think generators are sometimes used for festivals etc? I bought this generator...

daveasdf
replies: 4 views: 101
M50k 7 hours ago

I'm thinking i should get a mixer i've been missing one in my life. 16 channel with direct out what is the best i can buy for...

Drowl
replies: 117 views: 5,849
momomel 8 hours ago

I am seeking suggestions for a Bricasti preset (or modified preset) to be used for a Flamenco guitar session. The is solo...

wildplum
replies: 0 views: 70
wildplum 8 hours ago

I bought a pair of MC930s as my budget stereo set in the field for ambience recording. They sound great, but they frustrate me...

jimmycat
replies: 1 views: 86
tedtan 9 hours ago

Hi all, I am after some advice. To summarize a very long story that started a few years ago! This all concerns Midas and...

Kola
replies: 11 views: 599
chelgrian 9 hours ago

I'm looking to outfit my living room with some new studio monitors for general listening purposes. I'm going with monitors...

Glo
replies: 45 views: 19,448
kloopy 9 hours ago

Alo. diddlydoo I just purchased an old Studiomaster Pro Line 16-8-16 Gold console with external power supply mod. I need a...

optic illusion
replies: 21 views: 8,607
Kilian 9 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm tired of trying out studio monitors and I decided to go into the best of my budget (+/- 500€/piece). I will use...

engine_er
replies: 4 views: 356
Wenshu Tang 10 hours ago

I have a recording session coming up soon to record drums and I was seeking to add an extra 2-channel mic pre to my setup....

danielkov86
replies: 44 views: 1,585
Jim Williams 10 hours ago

Thought it might be useful to have a thread discussing mics by brand...opinions those who have used of course of top interest....

bill5
replies: 48 views: 1,021
kludgeaudio 11 hours ago

I know some old software digs having some sales, but mostly I see Big Sales advertised, ie Sweetwater, and irs the same price. ...

db9091
replies: 3 views: 186
ilikefruit 11 hours ago

Hi everyone, Lately vocal editing has been a bit of my weak point lately (as well as my singing). I'd like to be able to use...

sourpatch
replies: 28 views: 391
john caldwell 11 hours ago

Hey all, It seems like people are switching out or adding to their gear collections all the time. This raises an interesting...

Bingy
replies: 38 views: 944
Robby in WA 11 hours ago

Hi, home recordist here itb for years. I think? I’ve run the gambit when it comes to plugins, mics, rooms, monitoring, and...

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 43 views: 1,666
kennybro 12 hours ago

Hi all, I'd like to purchase some gear from the US to use in Australia, however due to the electricity mains difference I...

Jsdpark
replies: 1 views: 40
BT64 12 hours ago

Hello all. I have a strange issue with my Fredenstein Bento 2. I have purchased a C2584 (format 500) from Bart HRK. But i...

jooldi
replies: 24 views: 5,180
Coldsnow 13 hours ago

Hi, I am trying to setup mmt8 with dx7( grey matter E). I have got mmt8(sequencer, midi recorder) hoping that I could record...

cola
replies: 0 views: 48
cola 16 hours ago

Back in the day, let's say in the 1990s and early 2000s, I used to buy and read many music magazines both for general (rock)...

nksoloproject
replies: 15 views: 374
DistortingJack 18 hours ago

I've got a Fostex A2 that sounds pretty good but I keep having this nagging feeling that the Dolby C that this unit has and can't...

Rob Coates
replies: 8 views: 2,724
Ras Subsoul 21 hours ago

Greetings all, I've been on GS for a while but just realized I've never started a dedicated thread for the Serrano 87...

cserrano
replies: 18 views: 2,110
cserrano 21 hours ago

I'm trying to find a headphone that is an upgrade than audiotechnica m50x, but has a similar frequency response. I also own a...

grymoire
replies: 0 views: 41
grymoire 22 hours ago

Hey guys I have been rocking the Rode NT1 for about 3 years, and I think it’s time for a upgrade. My purpose for the mic is...

Brownboyadi
replies: 32 views: 478
Brownboyadi 22 hours ago
replies: 1 views: 103
melodic dreamer 22 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 893 views: 91,579
paulnajar 1 day ago

Moderators