The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, my humble presonus HD7 just died. I need a new headphone for my home studio. Looks like ATH m50x's are very popular but...

madseason
replies: 5 views: 122
MandoBastardo 5 minutes ago

Do tubes in mics actually color the sound at all? Take a look at the attached pictures which show the signal curve of a tube and...

kraku
replies: 659 views: 16,205
Shannon Adkins 23 minutes ago

Hi all, I'm a relatively newcomer to this console. If I use the board in the DAW mode, I basically hear my mix via the Stereo...

PSV
replies: 2 views: 53
PSV 31 minutes ago

Just not feeling what I have right now for plates..

JBQIII
replies: 5 views: 64
Jeff Hayat 37 minutes ago

Am I on the right website? What is this "gearspace" thing? Did GearSlutz get hacked????

Coincidence
replies: 0 views: 29
Coincidence 50 minutes ago

Has anyone got any tips on locking a mini toggle switch in the off position to stop 48v being inadvertently be turned on? To...

bcslaam
replies: 14 views: 163
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

Hey guys, right now there are a couple c800g clones. Any experiences? Which one can you recommend? Thank you :-)

gangs_08
replies: 12 views: 114
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Looking for a smooth sounding dynamic mic for male vocals. Think Chris Isaak , Leonard Cohen , Dylan etc. I'm considering SM7...

TacoPaco
replies: 9 views: 172
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Love the tune. Mix sounds decent, but something sounds funky with the kick. It's as if it's hitting the compressor too hard. I...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 5 views: 222
mikeraz 2 hours ago

As I often do, been looking around at small, boutique mic companies. Chris at Barbaric Amplification (#barbaricamplification)...

Mr Funk
replies: 194 views: 30,446
Rec_Eng 2 hours ago

I recently purchased a Roland VT-4 and have a bit of a conundrum. When i run a balanced cable from the line out (mono) into my...

Fabrin
replies: 5 views: 149
Muser 2 hours ago

Hi all, I am putting together a project studio focused on bluegrass and affiliated acoustic music. I'm trying to assemble a mic...

ahallbom
replies: 25 views: 373
gradivus 3 hours ago

Hi, I just got my new UMC404HD and was ready to send some audio out to my outboard gear but on my DAW it only shows outputs as...

xFarrokh
replies: 1 views: 75
ambiguous signal 3 hours ago

i just bought my adam a7x and burn in my monitors with pink noise ( didnt count the hours ) BUT my issue here is that i noticed...

Thequietformat
replies: 18 views: 309
mbvoxx 3 hours ago

Does anybody know if I buy the Roland D 50 plug-in for $149 . Do I still have to sign up for Roland Cloud and pay a per month fee...

yellowrobin
replies: 1 views: 66
Progger 3 hours ago

I am in Australia and have a small home studio for hobby purposes with enough space for a total of 6U of 19" rack gear. So...

Amusong
replies: 18 views: 724
gobo 4 hours ago

sup everyone! I have a multi-monitoring setup. Focal Shape Twins // Yamaha HS7 // auratone 5C. I was thinking about...

Khaleesi
replies: 0 views: 52
Khaleesi 4 hours ago

Hello Gearspacers, In December 2020, the fine folks at Vintage King & Universal Audio sent us some of UA's Apollo Gear to...

Deuce 225
replies: 2 views: 139
Deuce 225 4 hours ago

Hi! I haven't really found too much info on the net about this mixer. Some posts suggest that it's really great sounding, but...

johnsmith1261
replies: 306 views: 98,936
Monotremata 4 hours ago

I need a hand-held recorder that will produce good-quality recordings...can anyone recommend some? I would like to be able to...

TaserFace
replies: 1 views: 58
henryrobinett 5 hours ago

Hello, I was listening to the beginning of Eye in the Sky. I'm trying to determine the studio technique that was used on the...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 124
RBHan 5 hours ago

At only £300 a pair just wondered how these compare to the competition?

Mr Funk
replies: 131 views: 37,234
Alchemist_ 5 hours ago

For $999, seems a great deal for 3 distinctly different hot swappable capsules.

Mr Funk
replies: 230 views: 17,702
theStig 5 hours ago

Currently using an sm7b through a 6176. It sounds pretty good. My room is a pretty standard bedroom with some treatment, nothing...

saltyj
replies: 6 views: 134
saltyj 5 hours ago

Idk if this is the correct forum to post this. Mine are: Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of The...

lsdornothin
replies: 94 views: 3,396
becks bolero 6 hours ago

Who's currently is doing Amek CIB repairs?

Sombrerogrande
replies: 0 views: 61
Sombrerogrande 6 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 105
bgrotto 7 hours ago

From what I understand, a lot of people like 3U audio mics. I'm not an producer or sound engineer. Could you folks tell me in...

80sTherapy
replies: 130 views: 6,440
imdasloth 7 hours ago

There are quite a few so-called poor man ‘s Sony C800G 1. The earlier JJ audio Akita (which uses the same 6au6 tube and...

PrivateZoo
replies: 140 views: 17,899
gangs_08 8 hours ago

I have a few RE15's and RE16's, and they are my first-reach microphones when I want a dynamic, when I'm concerned about bleed, or...

softwareguy
replies: 16 views: 172
monkeyxx 9 hours ago

I’m about to finish recording my band’s 2nd release. If I find myself recording any part of release #3 it will be drum...

Gary D Olson
replies: 13 views: 285
chessparov2.0 9 hours ago

The Problem: I have a low level brief static burst, maybe for a 1/4 second every 4-5 seconds, and sometimes in multiples that...

DAAAN
replies: 7 views: 195
DAAAN 9 hours ago

My EV RE-20 seems to be malfunctioning or broken for one reason or another and the high mids and highs are harsh and distorted....

gradivus
replies: 16 views: 353
gradivus 10 hours ago

Hi was wondering if any of you guys are using this in a recording environment. How do you find its sonic signature. I have been...

jlam
replies: 10 views: 2,302
Sypowicz 10 hours ago

Hello again (I haven’t posted in years) At the studio I monitor via a Cranesong Avocet, at home I have a presonus central...

mdjice
replies: 38 views: 818
bmdaugherty 10 hours ago

I miss the sound of an old KM84 i was using before at a studio, they are not easy to find and kind of expensive if I want a pair...

laperlestudio
replies: 257 views: 39,228
din 10 hours ago

About to push the button on some new monitors. The Dynaudio Core 7's are at the top of the list, but real-world experience...

llatsni
replies: 2 views: 91
llatsni 11 hours ago

I've got a question about how to best emulate a recording of an acoustic piano using digital pianos. To start with, I would...

themiracle
replies: 36 views: 634
Progger 12 hours ago

Hey All! One of my old Genelec 1031a monitors died last week, and I've decided instead of trying to go the repair route to...

bowdagger
replies: 2 views: 191
JClay 13 hours ago

Wondering which you guys think would be closest. CM67 Advanced Audio Microphones or the Mojave MA-200

keano
replies: 147 views: 47,214
chessparov2.0 14 hours ago

Greetings. I'm winding about using a pair of Great River 500NV modules as a stereo DI. In people's experiences, are the output...

JES
replies: 5 views: 149
JES 15 hours ago

Long-time lurker here. I'm torn between buying a used speaker set of PMC TB2S-A + TLE1S + DS-001 for €2500 vs. some...

MaximB
replies: 0 views: 91
MaximB 17 hours ago

Hi there, folks. That's my first post here, and I would like to know what would be your choice for smooth vocals. Nothing harsh,...

RodrigoPandelo
replies: 237 views: 11,229
lereim 17 hours ago

I have a chance to get a Sennheiser MKH 406 (XLR 48V Version) in very good condition for about 400-450€. I don't know this mic,...

ricola
replies: 3 views: 3,933
lereim 18 hours ago
replies: 3 views: 117
MusicWithMarky 20 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 2,167 views: 369,486
Monaco 21 hours ago

On a recent episode of the podcast Song Exploder, Kevin Parker from Tame Impala explained how he recorded "It Might Be...

justonequestion1
replies: 9 views: 1,527
VenVile 21 hours ago

Can anybody tell me what the keyboard instrument (or maybe it’s a mallet instrument?) is that starts at about 0:25 in this...

Local Man
replies: 5 views: 243
becks bolero 22 hours ago

I've been looking at tons of microphone comparisons including the 103, 107, Kiwi, TF39, TF47 and TF51. It seems as if the TF47,...

beonkey
replies: 11 views: 219
chessparov2.0 23 hours ago

I'm curious about others' take on this as I need a new mic and never had a dedicated preamp. I'm using a MOTU 1248 as my...

gradivus
replies: 21 views: 302
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Moderators