The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 11,047
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 32,526
Jules 14th March 2022

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 695 views: 38,880
louderjamz 3 minutes ago

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 4,516 views: 116,275
Carl Freeland 3 minutes ago

As a crazed collector of vintage mics, I have to say that for functionality and use-ablilty, I am a lover of Electro-Voice. ...

The Padded Room
replies: 219 views: 19,982
BernieW 39 minutes ago

I recently did some projects where I used a lot of my Beyerdynamic microphones, M69/M101/M500 and holy moly these are not even...

Batchainpuller78
replies: 135 views: 22,896
BernieW 53 minutes ago

I'm looking for an eq that i can eq just the left or right side independently but not the middle frequencies. The mid side eqs...

fjo
replies: 36 views: 5,009
benwiggins 1 hour ago

I'm sure this has been covered before but I don't see a handy thread devoted to DI's, so here goes. If it fizzles out, fine,...

BernieW
replies: 136 views: 6,421
rjb5191 2 hours ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 201 views: 4,270
BernieW 2 hours ago

Using Neutron and Sonible is saving time on my mixes. I often try both and then compare the results. I am interested in hearing...

jayfield
replies: 0 views: 22
jayfield 2 hours ago

I am getting back into using my CS2 console now that it is operational (with the exception of the computer for the ES108...

waldie wave
replies: 2 views: 82
waldie wave 2 hours ago

Hey guys, Hope you're all well! So long story short, I have two Marshall half stacks that I am experimenting with recording in...

Alfi27
replies: 0 views: 29
Alfi27 3 hours ago

Hi guys, I want to share my experience ordering from Thomann for the first time. Going through forums, people say “I never...

samsine
replies: 25 views: 10,288
slainbabyyc 4 hours ago

Enough already of all the "what's your favourite..." threads, how about the opposite? Which piece of gear just fills...

BernieW
replies: 423 views: 14,089
MWorthin 4 hours ago

Hiya, Just wondering if anyone has any monoblock recommendations for mixing/mastering? I've seen the Icepower 350wpcs going...

smokethief
replies: 0 views: 28
smokethief 4 hours ago

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I’m really wanting to get a Compex f760x and I would appreciate some feedback from anybody with...

mistakes_inc
replies: 8 views: 228
jensenmann 5 hours ago

replace "photographer" and "photography" in this video by "audio engineer" / "audio...

SonicAxiom
replies: 1,770 views: 28,928
kennybro 6 hours ago

A friend of mine is selling off some studio gear, including a few preamps. He let me borrow a couple of them that seemed most up...

nightchef
replies: 36 views: 1,052
seby 6 hours ago

I am about to make my first big mic purchase. I have decided to go with the u89i after going through many threads and doing my...

Migsmadethis
replies: 17 views: 352
psycho_monkey 8 hours ago

Hello. I am looking to hire (for the first time) session musicians to perform and give me full creative rights in exchange for a...

soundmurmur
replies: 2 views: 121
soundmurmur 8 hours ago

Hi, I had purchased a Tascam DR40x and would like to get an expert advise on connecting to mixer board and speaker to record...

gandhi28152
replies: 2 views: 79
acanuck 8 hours ago

Hi there, I own a lexicon 224 v 4.4. I really like it ! but i have a few questions for you : Here is the programs list :...

fred83
replies: 26 views: 3,082
anguswoodhead 9 hours ago

I record mostly acoustic instruments and vocals. BUT, per building my mic locker, I picked up a couple SM57's because EVERYONE...

WarBeer
replies: 212 views: 22,938
chessparov2.0 9 hours ago

I find myself in need of 2 channels of phantom power. I am torn with getting either the ART Phantom II or a nicer unit like the...

Corran
replies: 26 views: 11,974
play.exe 10 hours ago

I want to check if I'm nuts or not. I have an Axe FX 2 - it's great, complete game changer, etc, etc. I wanted a midi...

mjw63
replies: 1 views: 33
mjw63 10 hours ago

I recently replaced an older Scarlett interface with the new Clarett+ 8pre. The preamps sound good in the Clarett+, but the gain...

bwoe
replies: 11 views: 492
MrZennie 10 hours ago

I've called, emailed, and knocked on their door (granted, 10 minutes before listed closing time on their website), no answer....

Russell Anderson
replies: 20 views: 714
Bushman 10 hours ago

Or rather, why do people feel the need to pretend that DAWs haven't influenced anything, and that everything that can be done...

logicalregress
replies: 14 views: 346
logicalregress 11 hours ago

Has anyone compared the two? I've been considering both processors for a while and am wondering if the vintage drive can get me...

fairchildren
replies: 9 views: 978
screentan 11 hours ago

Hi I am wondering if anyone has any good places (other than e bay of course) where one could find modules for an ADR scamp...

SteveElba
replies: 21 views: 2,467
mitzzo 12 hours ago

I've moved, and I am setting up a home studio geared toward mixing in a smallish room. I'm going to treat the room. After a lot...

Chris Hawke
replies: 9 views: 791
GREATLIBERO 12 hours ago

I've just been given an ADR Scamp rack with two S30 expanders, two S31 compressors and two S02 mic pre's. Anyone have any...

montanasan
replies: 11 views: 8,471
mitzzo 12 hours ago

I have a production coming up in a few weeks that will feature a lot of layered guitars. Acoustic and electric, from clean to...

andychamp
replies: 12 views: 425
toledo3 12 hours ago

As per title - I'm withdrawing a bit of capital from my recording setup. I've been using my pair of Coles 4038 for a decade,...

dylanr
replies: 65 views: 5,122
jwh1192 12 hours ago

I really like Samar microphones (having used TF08 and VL37A in the past). So I was quite curious to try their maybe most...

ISedlacek
replies: 9 views: 1,113
bradh 13 hours ago

I made a dumb mistake. Last year when I was planning my studio I kept reading about patchbays. You gotta have a great patchbay. I...

henryrobinett
replies: 141 views: 11,280
pan60 13 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,352 views: 83,435
chessparov2.0 14 hours ago

Those vocals. Smooth and loud. And brick wall 🧱 limited? The question is how are they processes? It's like the vocals...

BrianEnosUncle
replies: 2 views: 87
MAXX VADA 14 hours ago

Dear NoHype Audio aficionados and ribbonaires everywhere, From posts i read it seems quite a number of us have used NoHype...

cracker satchmo
replies: 17 views: 610
chessparov2.0 15 hours ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,935 views: 176,128
Ward Pike 16 hours ago

Compared to condensers, passive ribbons do best with preamps with high ohms, high dB and low noise floor. Active ribbons can be...

soundmurmur
replies: 5 views: 154
avare 16 hours ago

Any recommendations for Bluetooth headphones that look and feel luxurious and sound decent? This is for a consumer listening...

Lazer Toms
replies: 5 views: 91
soundmonkey 16 hours ago

So I've got a set of mic pres I really like tonally, but they really really put everything super foward through them. Crunch...

Nickerz
replies: 7 views: 309
gravyface 17 hours ago

I got a dead FF800 which I'd like to repair. I used the PS unit from a working FF800 and the dead unit came alive, so obviously...

gilwe
replies: 113 views: 40,565
OrganMaster 18 hours ago

probably a bit of slim pickings, but im just looking to see if there are any decent amps (for passive speakers) that offer at...

smokethief
replies: 0 views: 32
smokethief 21 hours ago

Recently picked up one of these (EV N/D468) for relatively cheap. I haven't had too many opportunities to use it yet, but, of...

Labozza
replies: 14 views: 24,437
Aragon 22 hours ago

First off, I've played to clicks since I was in mid-20's, which was a really long time ago. I have good time, and I can sit...

Brent Hahn
replies: 395 views: 7,684
joelpatterson 22 hours ago

Anyone attending knows whether Mellotron have a stand on Musikmesse of if they're even there? Really curious to know if anyone...

retractablezing
replies: 127 views: 31,211
frazermatt 23 hours ago

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum and i hope i'm at the right place. If not, maybe you can give me the right link :-) I'm a...

cymbalcleaner
replies: 21 views: 2,246
OPR 1 day ago

I've been following drum-focused GS threads (my main focus) for many years, and have recently added a Sebatron VMP 4000e after...

dylanwissing
replies: 144 views: 16,982
JSchlomo 1 day ago

I recently acquired a Radial WR-8 (w/o the mixer module), I'm attempting to connect it to an Audient ID44 via the ADAT expansion....

NoDotWon
replies: 6 views: 173
mattias78 1 day ago

I record jazz and pop music (drums, guitar, bass, horns, vocals, etc) and am thinking of adding a ribbon mic to my collection....

Alon Wolman
replies: 1 views: 67
themiracle 1 day ago

Moderators