The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Thought it might be useful to have a thread discussing mics by brand...opinions those who have used of course of top interest....

bill5
replies: 26 views: 399
M.S.P. 13 minutes ago

Thought it might be useful to have a thread discussing mics by brand...opinions those who have used of course of top interest....

bill5
replies: 41 views: 550
D_T_Music 28 minutes ago

Could not find anything with a search here so asking if I may. Any thoughts on the SE Gemini II with acoustic guitar? For that...

RickN
replies: 3 views: 53
Shannon Adkins 35 minutes ago

Roywr121 v. 122 Aside from the phantom power, what differences can one expect between the two?

Jeff Hayat
replies: 1 views: 67
Fletcher 41 minutes ago

Am trying to get in touch with Aurora Audio - my GTQ2 mkIII needs servicing. No reply to my online form submissions, and the...

Kubilay
replies: 4 views: 140
Geoff_T 47 minutes ago
replies: 0 views: 40
christube 1 hour ago
replies: 2,368 views: 206,698
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Any thoughts on this for an acoustic guitar. For that matter valve mics and acoustic guitar? Thanks.

RickN
replies: 1 views: 45
RickN 1 hour ago

I always used Logic for creating monitor mixes and it's worked ok but lately I've been comparing singing while monitoring through...

Diegel
replies: 34 views: 410
bmdaugherty 1 hour ago

I bought a Sampletekk piano sample on their Spring Sale. Says will play in Kontakt player Figured I’d buy full Kontakt but...

ardis
replies: 1 views: 64
ardis 1 hour ago

Currently using SM7B with Motu M4. I use it at 100% gain. I have two things I want to reduce. Background hiss and also the low...

kofman13
replies: 159 views: 4,513
JLast 2 hours ago

Hey there, I Was wondering if there is anyone out there that has tried a max mod mk67 with a genuine Neumann u67 reissue...

bmaughan
replies: 15 views: 3,716
adamj31 3 hours ago

Does anyone maybe tried both of them and can suggest if Footprint 02 is a good alternative to old MM35 gen 1? I'm trying to order...

jeanclaudevanlee
replies: 8 views: 497
Dave_Ionic 3 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 2,171 views: 370,565
ghost fields 3 hours ago

I bought a PreSonus monitor station as a temporary solution for multiple headphones, built-in talkback, source switcher, and 3...

TikkoRome
replies: 2 views: 109
Pasta4lnch 4 hours ago

Hi all, I am putting together a project studio focused on bluegrass and affiliated acoustic music. I'm trying to assemble a mic...

ahallbom
replies: 67 views: 1,402
David Rick 4 hours ago

Hey, I’ve been searching for Mogami cables to ship in Europe, and stumbled upon audiocables.eu. Anyone ordered from them?...

matico3
replies: 1 views: 209
ralphie 4 hours ago

Hi, we've moved house a couple of times over the last 20 years and both times I've looked at a box saying Soundscape modules...

jaffa
replies: 2 views: 92
jaffa 4 hours ago

What do you guys use to discharge any static electricity build up before you touch anything? Do you have a piece of metal hanging...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 17 views: 279
Bob Ross 4 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 5,277 views: 540,816
prof draper 5 hours ago

Do tubes in mics actually color the sound at all? Take a look at the attached pictures which show the signal curve of a tube and...

kraku
replies: 739 views: 17,957
Shannon Adkins 5 hours ago

From the transition from expensive analogue studios to digital and home recording have things got better or does it depend on the...

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 0 views: 61
MUSICMUSIC 5 hours ago

I'm looking for a versatile all-rounder that also is a very usable vocal mic. I've got an Advanced Audio CM47 and a Barbaric BA67...

John N
replies: 0 views: 56
John N 5 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm choosing main monitors right now for around $3k for a pair. I have a really small room (10x12) with basic...

Grey.Harp
replies: 3 views: 138
cheu78 5 hours ago

I've never been quite sure how to approach this instrument. I've tried different placement and microphone type but never captured...

Rastis
replies: 11 views: 317
Prabha 6 hours ago

Hello, I'm thinking about getting myself a Tascam DP008 EX and would be grateful to hear your opinions. Reasons why I...

soundtim
replies: 5 views: 192
soundtim 6 hours ago

I have been trying to get my head around the different modes that patchbays use. I understand normalled, half-normalled, and...

theartfollies
replies: 8 views: 3,511
bobsbuildingwork 6 hours ago

Hello Could someone explain to me how they achieved this crowd effect that is heard in countless multitracks of famous songs...

Lenny77
replies: 29 views: 718
mrufino1 7 hours ago

Hey guys-- Has anyone ever used the "Rear bus" technique? It's my understanding that Andrew Scheps sends everything in...

R3KMUSIC
replies: 35 views: 14,429
bbabb 9 hours ago

The sound of " David Crosby's 'If i could only remember my name'" is one i highly regard. There is this huge...

Bradovic
replies: 8 views: 986
Swillis 9 hours ago

Hi everyone. I need to clarify something. I am about to buy a symphony MKI but I will hook it to the expansion port of an...

j.frad
replies: 3 views: 77
phanlon 10 hours ago

Welcome fellow si'ers! The web support and discussion arena for these great mixers is seriously lacking. The Facebook page is...

mintaka007
replies: 287 views: 42,097
InTheBox 10 hours ago

bill5
replies: 29 views: 471
audiospecific 10 hours ago

Hello, I am looking forward to receiving Tim's capsule, as I've heard only great things about them. I got in contact with Tim in...

DukeMonk
replies: 2 views: 140
DukeMonk 10 hours ago

Hey y'all Can anyone help identify what monitors these are, attached?

louderjamz
replies: 45 views: 2,336
explorer 10 hours ago

Hi folks! Just bought an EV RE20 mic from ebay, and when trying it out the mic holder had an unfamiliar screw size. Here we use...

G-Sun
replies: 8 views: 1,138
audiospecific 11 hours ago

I'm going to get either a new pair of Yamaha HS50s or a used pair of NS10s. I've seen both floating around the $400 dollar mark....

brianaustinny
replies: 48 views: 44,367
Synthpark 11 hours ago

How would you mic a saw on stage with a full acoustic band? Ya, a 57 is an old stand by, but what else is there?

wildplum
replies: 9 views: 238
audiospecific 11 hours ago

I'm not someone who grew up making music nor do I come from a musical family, but I admit that I'm grateful that making music in...

boombapdame
replies: 0 views: 93
boombapdame 11 hours ago

Currently I have Dynaudio BM5’s. My new studio room (aka a mostly untreated room in a house, hardwood floors) is pretty small....

saltyj
replies: 0 views: 68
saltyj 12 hours ago

I have been using my amp with a resistive attenuator/loadbox as the latter, so obviously the signal has been resistive. If I were...

Lewis Emblack
replies: 3 views: 109
audiospecific 13 hours ago

Anyone attending knows whether Mellotron have a stand on Musikmesse of if they're even there? Really curious to know if anyone...

retractablezing
replies: 121 views: 24,725
BobbyJames 14 hours ago

I've seen a lot of folks using mics positioned in front of the drummer's knee recently, between the top of the kick shell and the...

skycaptain
replies: 53 views: 8,136
mondegreen_ 14 hours ago

MD7 has been out for a few years now, right? Hardly any reviews out there or vocal samples. Who owns both MA5 and MD7 and...

Krush411
replies: 20 views: 3,589
Ox Han 15 hours ago

Hi! I have a TL Audio M4 Mixer (see link below): https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/tl-audio-m4 I bought an outboard...

satan_999
replies: 0 views: 68
satan_999 15 hours ago

I am putting together a new studio and am wondering what hardware to get. I would like to have 12 - 16 high quality channels. I...

prophet
replies: 2 views: 163
PirateCatAudio 15 hours ago

Wade and Steve Stevens checking out the new GAV19T guitar amp from Chandler Limited along with the Little Devil Colored Boost and...

Torrance
replies: 4 views: 1,302
[email protected] 17 hours ago

I previously worked on SC207. The change to Klassic 2020 opened my eyes and ears. I had APS Aeon with I sold to friend as I moved...

differance
replies: 8 views: 7,421
lsdornothin 17 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 76
christube 21 hours ago

New to the Nagra Seven and recording gear in general however with suitable adapters can I go from the Nagra lineouts into RCAs...

RickN
replies: 2 views: 110
RickN 21 hours ago

Moderators