The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Bass chain

To all you bass players out there: In your opinion what is a good and affordable chain for tracking bass in a home studio? I'm...

muffegutt
replies: 121 views: 2,442
monkeyxx 5 minutes ago

Hi Sl... Spacers, :cowbell: in my home studio, I'm using the Neumann KH120's for years now. I'm fine with them, but of course,...

philburns
replies: 2 views: 68
jaddie 8 minutes ago

Has anyone in the studio world been using the new Neve 8424 mixing desk. There’s a few promo videos from Neve but have any guys...

Music.man100
replies: 18 views: 591
heaton.joe 9 minutes ago

I'm a radio presenter. I recently bought a Motu M4 soundcard that I was planning to use with a Rode NT1-A microphone with a...

Doc Gonzo
replies: 0 views: 1
Doc Gonzo 16 minutes ago

Lots of love for the comps, but little talk of the pres. Can we have more user experiences please, especially for vocals,...

nyne
replies: 13 views: 2,880
marssound 35 minutes ago

Hey guys I wanted to buy a very simple, good quality and cheap monitoring controller for my studio. I finally choose Volume 1...

Lefrançais
replies: 6 views: 145
elegentdrum 47 minutes ago

Do tubes in mics actually color the sound at all? Take a look at the attached pictures which show the signal curve of a tube and...

kraku
replies: 405 views: 7,326
TobyB 1 hour ago

Having just spent several thousand on a new PC and RME MADI PCIe I can't quite justify buying the M32 right now. However I do...

Mushy Mushy
replies: 11 views: 143
Mushy Mushy 1 hour ago

Not much said around here about Aphex. Maybe for good reason, I dunno. BUT, if you had the chance to get some of their 500 series...

Ben01930
replies: 241 views: 28,239
Mighty_Zoltan 1 hour ago

Max Budget: $300-400 (but willing to buy 2nd hand) Application: Multi purpose studio recording. Not for super loud stuff like...

Barncore
replies: 73 views: 1,285
MandoBastardo 1 hour ago

Hy, i have questions about recording classical Trumpet. I'm recording myself more frequently now (no concerts...) and want to...

david89
replies: 7 views: 213
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

If you could choose only 1 analog compressor to use for the rest of your life what would it be? I’m in the market for an...

bassbinoctuplets
replies: 23 views: 470
elegentdrum 2 hours ago

Has anyone done a back to back comparison between the Warm WA-2A and the GAP Comp-2A? Which sounds more like an LA-2A? Which...

et_al
replies: 13 views: 11,004
Spoc19371973 2 hours ago
replies: 43 views: 9,064
DrDeltaM 2 hours ago

Long time reader. First time poster. Another annoying "which mic should I buy post" just so you're aware. And no I...

dxtrinc
replies: 27 views: 566
James Lehmann 4 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Ivan Mihaljevic 4 hours ago

This thingy sounded good on Warren Huart's show but I can't tell if it's a sound I can get using plugins or not. Does anyone have...

Dirk Churlish
replies: 0 views: 58
Dirk Churlish 5 hours ago

Hey there, I know there are countless vs. threads, but I recently found issues with my WA76 where I'm not sure I want to invest...

ThePremiere
replies: 3 views: 252
ThePremiere 5 hours ago

Anyone seen these on ebay? super cheap but looks decent, US company in KeyWest?

RightOnRome
replies: 95 views: 4,853
Matti 6 hours ago

Curious if anyone has any tips on how to reduce air leakage noise coming from the mouthpiece of a woodwind instrument. In this...

mahler007
replies: 1 views: 70
ambiguous signal 6 hours ago

I do voiceover work, mostly commercials and promo/trailer type work. I currently use a Senn416 which is great, but I’ve always...

AevumWinter
replies: 4 views: 117
Drumsound 6 hours ago

Looking for help deciding on which mic to keep! This time comparing the AT4040 to the WA14 Let me know what you think of...

umbria
replies: 5 views: 132
mikeraz 6 hours ago

I'm having difficulty with dynamic range and want to add a tracking compressor to my setup. I can add compression in the DAW, so...

DocNice
replies: 31 views: 3,725
standup 7 hours ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 947 views: 63,370
jvpsounds 7 hours ago

Anybody use both of these or had the option to test them? Right now I'm using the Mohog, and I wan't to know how the compare to...

Leak1989
replies: 51 views: 8,349
thethrillfactor 8 hours ago

Dear Gearslutz, users and visitors. In this thread you will find usefull information, tips and tricks, opinions from experienced...

akila
replies: 690 views: 242,091
time2mix.com 8 hours ago

Old or new ones. Wanting people to share what sleeper ribbon microphones they know of. Also what are some good or unusual uses of...

s wave
replies: 66 views: 2,983
elegentdrum 8 hours ago

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my mic in the next couple weeks. I primarily record rap and singing, hardly any instruments. The...

grantedbeat
replies: 5 views: 171
vintagelove 8 hours ago

I just tried out a Mid Side recording for the first time, and given all of what I've read I don't think I did it correctly. I...

baseggio
replies: 3 views: 1,521
initself 10 hours ago

All things being equal, if you were recording guitar and vocal at the same time, and you wanted to keep the vocal out of the...

Shannon Adkins
replies: 185 views: 4,317
Shannon Adkins 10 hours ago

Hi folks, I will be grabbing a Cranborne 500ADAT later this year, and I could use some help mapping out the routing. I'm having...

CPhoenix
replies: 5 views: 207
nikoli 10 hours ago

Hi, I know there have a big difference between U87 legendary and U87Ai but the Rhoduim U87 is like the legendary? Thanks!

aviorrok
replies: 7 views: 1,131
Dan Popp 10 hours ago

I'm a big fan of a lot of work that comes out of the Blasting Room in Colorado and a big part of that is Jason Livermore. I...

HOFX
replies: 34 views: 10,263
LynchSM 11 hours ago

Hi, I recently got the Roland A-880 and having a few probs. getting it to send/receive sysex data to my Korg 01R/W and Roland...

JonAudioO
replies: 1 views: 213
Mastropiero 12 hours ago

As the title suggests, no one seems to want to let go of their CL1B, nothing for sale on reverb,ebay,gumtree you name it... can I...

jasper98
replies: 5 views: 181
nosebleedaudio 13 hours ago

Not curious enough to investigate it, but curious enough to wonder and marvel... I hear on one hand that it sounds almost...

joelpatterson
replies: 9 views: 394
mu:zines 14 hours ago

I would like to check about various A&H consoles: GL4000/2400/2200, which also means different ages and different production...

unguitar
replies: 0 views: 69
unguitar 14 hours ago

Hi I own 2x 700W Box speakers, small mixer and versus other stuff And I am considering going mobile and need something to...

Dell Computer
replies: 18 views: 198
paul o 14 hours ago

Hey Gearslutz, I have the Soyuz SU-017 over for a demo and I absolutely love it. I mainly got it because I was tracking vocals...

Fiedelfinn
replies: 36 views: 3,351
troxelj 15 hours ago

Just saw this online and am pretty excited about the prospect of owning this mic! https://youtu.be/F8wHgv63KOo Anyone have...

hasntbeen
replies: 251 views: 51,739
PlaneJames 16 hours ago

Most of the Peaveys I come across are transtube amps. So when I saw this with all the tubes and it was cheap I grabbed it. I...

tigerzilly
replies: 4 views: 80
mikeraz 16 hours ago

Hi guys, I was/am in the market for some affordable headphones, ideally both for recording and mixing (I do have monitors, too...

Wonderwoman
replies: 0 views: 57
Wonderwoman 17 hours ago

For as many comments as I've read about the meters on these KT units I'm surprised I can't find a post on my topic. Hope I'm not...

mifydnu
replies: 13 views: 129
mifydnu 17 hours ago

Hi, I'm new here. I just set up a new Apogee Ensemble and the noise coming from the JFET inputs is crazy. It has so much hiss...

AugieMarch777
replies: 5 views: 264
RavenVoice 17 hours ago

I've made a search and I couldn't find any info about analogue soft clippers, I know about the kazrog kclip and find it useful...

Lucas Wende
replies: 20 views: 5,666
RogerFoote 18 hours ago

Here is something I am pondering but have not had a chance to test. Does is make a difference where you engage the low cut...

JRE Productions
replies: 23 views: 675
Jeroko 18 hours ago

I see some Aphex 500 USB rack unit that can also work as audio interface. If I have my main audio interface, can I still use...

Method Man
replies: 4 views: 139
Method Man 18 hours ago

Thinking of getting some new monitors. I've got some old BX5a's that I mostly use for writing and then rough mixing. I then...

Shawnobi
replies: 0 views: 80
Shawnobi 19 hours ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 257 views: 46,852
HVY 19 hours ago

hey ya'll I'm putting together a patch bay (view here if you're a nerd) and I'm planning on connecting guitar pedals, synths, and...

drewpreiner
replies: 2 views: 119
bmdaugherty 19 hours ago

Moderators