The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 10,960
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 32,488
Jules 14th March 2022

Enough already of all the "what's your favourite..." threads, how about the opposite? Which piece of gear just fills...

BernieW
replies: 394 views: 12,522
Karloff70 9 minutes ago

Generally interested in discussion. Nothing like real drums but e-drums have many advantages, to include the ability to sound...

bill5
replies: 191 views: 8,764
gravyface 46 minutes ago

First off, I've played to clicks since I was in mid-20's, which was a really long time ago. I have good time, and I can sit...

Brent Hahn
replies: 295 views: 5,359
gravyface 47 minutes ago

So quick preface. I am transitioning over to small nearfields due to the layout of my room. These will be sitting on the desk and...

thevisi0nary
replies: 8 views: 528
kla234 56 minutes ago

looking for micro monitors similar to IK iLoud micro. but under $300. to be used just for composing and producing. are there...

TS-12
replies: 7 views: 2,608
DogCake 1 hour ago

Dear Gearspacers! This blumlein microphone is manufactured in one copy so far. Works pretty well on vocals and double bass....

Berndalen
replies: 4 views: 63
Berndalen 1 hour ago

Let me know something, guys... Do you know if there's any difference between these two microphones, beside the fact that one...

RodrigoPandelo
replies: 4 views: 116
RodrigoPandelo 1 hour ago

I am looking to buy a pair of 8" monitors, in the 500-600 Euro range. I was ready to get the Presonus Eris 8 XT, but I got...

MaxDM
replies: 3 views: 92
MaxDM 1 hour ago

Hi, the title pretty much says it. I’ve only used the rack versions, but I’m debating picking up a 500 series unit. In your...

engmix
replies: 4 views: 115
cheu78 1 hour ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 170 views: 3,681
BernieW 1 hour ago

And what signal chains, would you use to fit within Modern Pop, if you were Producing/Engineering it? Talking roughly, records...

chessparov2.0
replies: 219 views: 8,035
desired_username 1 hour ago

Hi there My recording vocal chans consists of a Aston Spirit mic into a Heritage Elite preamp into a Klark Teknik 1176 into a...

Tjorven
replies: 4 views: 136
cheu78 2 hours ago

Hi! I'm looking for an 8-channel audio interface, and they all seem to have 2 inputs at the front, and 6 on the back - fine,...

Synthesizr
replies: 11 views: 13,691
mauroiul 2 hours ago

when I use the softlimit of apogee adconverter. the softlimited recorded audio sounds dull cutting high frequency. therefore i...

bluesj
replies: 4 views: 6,030
arivel 3 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,332 views: 82,842
BernieW 4 hours ago

I've been following drum-focused GS threads (my main focus) for many years, and have recently added a Sebatron VMP 4000e after...

dylanwissing
replies: 143 views: 16,820
Thunderbird 5 hours ago

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 4,473 views: 114,368
Greg_KPX 6 hours ago

We got a Nero monitor controller for the studio. Looks great, but we are having many problems. Once turned on the sound was...

matt3310
replies: 42 views: 9,333
HCMarkus 6 hours ago

I am looking into the ssl bus+. There are so many flexible options with this unit but my question is— Is it possible to...

Myhomestudio
replies: 18 views: 959
Trashman 7 hours ago

replace "photographer" and "photography" in this video by "audio engineer" / "audio...

SonicAxiom
replies: 1,454 views: 23,848
JL1000 8 hours ago

Hey there this is my first post so forgive me in advance, My current monitoring setup is not ideal for playback or mixing. I...

Brendanlamarca
replies: 7 views: 380
Todd M 8 hours ago

Right now I am leaning towards the ADI-2 Pro FS BE unless someone has a better idea I will be upgrading from Apollo silver...

RightOnRome
replies: 6 views: 165
RightOnRome 9 hours ago

So I'm finishing up my hybrid mixing rig and my 2bus is going to be as follows DAC>SSL Six Pultec Clones G-Bus...

Nickerz
replies: 3 views: 75
thethrillfactor 9 hours ago

Hi, I’m looking to buy a set of IEM’s for monitoring mainly keys, bass, vocals and sometimes drums. At the moment I’m...

dickiefunk
replies: 3 views: 95
mrufino1 9 hours ago

Hi, I'm digitizing just over 100 cassettes for someone for archival purposes. I have an okay setup at home and they didn't...

alaurence96
replies: 14 views: 365
Farmboy presents 9 hours ago

I guess this thought is inspired by the "Modern" vs "Out of Date" Production thread and I am now wondering,...

telecode
replies: 27 views: 694
toledo3 10 hours ago

Hello all, ART is proud to announce our first entry into the 500 series format, We've adapted our well known PRO-VLA and will...

ART_Proddev
replies: 36 views: 7,558
traceystudios 12 hours ago

Hello everyone. Had fun fixing up the old Ampex mixer for a live recording set up. Full recapping with a different output. I...

Duke Zeibert
replies: 57 views: 6,130
seby 12 hours ago

I've tried to do a lot of research on this, so I don't mean to beat a dead horse...but can anyone who owns the AMS RMX16 500...

gretalink
replies: 0 views: 63
gretalink 13 hours ago

Hello everybody, long time lurker and first time poster :) I recently bought a Big Six as my first ever mixer. I've been using a...

durchdielinse
replies: 12 views: 1,130
alexquse 13 hours ago

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 641 views: 37,622
Bob Olhsson 15 hours ago

Hi guys, I know there are a lot of threads about impedance, but after doing my research, I ended up being confused. Simply...

The0
replies: 1 views: 109
iFi audio 17 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 3,100 views: 429,594
peachcasti 18 hours ago

So I purchased my first pair of "relatively" more expensive studio monitors, the Genelec 8030Cs. Before this I mainly...

imhungry
replies: 1 views: 64
HardRocker 18 hours ago

I recently replaced an older Scarlett interface with the new Clarett+ 8pre. The preamps sound good in the Clarett+, but the gain...

bwoe
replies: 4 views: 325
bwoe 18 hours ago

Talking about some smart choices in the 500 series world. Kick & snare only. Which 500 series compressors can beat DBX560a...

Arseny
replies: 5 views: 3,110
danF 20 hours ago

Has anyone compared these 2 mics? Especially for electric guitar amps, clips sound wonderful that I heard on YouTube of both.

acupunk
replies: 15 views: 297
swafford 20 hours ago

Hey, I have a Nord Lead 3 that's misbehaving. :synth: When I turn on the power, it keeps repeating the Welcome sequence,...

Studiocat
replies: 70 views: 32,518
Baanaado 20 hours ago

Today i read a review of an active monitor speaker, stating the following: ...it is worth noting that the speaker only really...

Walldough
replies: 6 views: 287
kennybro 21 hours ago

I am having a recent problem with low level, but unacceptable hum in the two JFET channels only. The hum is also there whether...

jsbergjunk
replies: 0 views: 36
jsbergjunk 22 hours ago

Noob here to the in the box speaker calibration game, but if I upgrade to 8341 Genelecs and use GLM but also have access to an...

Rusty_Faders
replies: 0 views: 50
Rusty_Faders 22 hours ago

Hello! I am going to mod my Oktava 012 with a Bill Sittler's Premium mod. I decided to do a random shootout of my budget mics...

Mr.Metronome
replies: 13 views: 400
Maksym Giza 1 day ago

As a crazed collector of vintage mics, I have to say that for functionality and use-ablilty, I am a lover of Electro-Voice. ...

The Padded Room
replies: 208 views: 19,663
BernieW 1 day ago

Hello, I have the Barefoot Footprint 01 monitors and find the MEME technology slightly confusing. When set to flat, the monitors...

floppyclock
replies: 2 views: 68
sws1 1 day ago

Hey, I'm in the market for a new pair of low/ultra-low-budget reference monitors that will eventually become my main...

replies: 1 views: 78
kuasalogam 1 day ago

I have the Telefunken TF51 and TF47 here on demo for baritone male VO work and both are pretty good indeed, def usable - quiet,...

Sanchez
replies: 1 views: 97
Sanchez 1 day ago

Hi. Looking for a new vocal (male and female) mic for the studio. Anyone care to share some hands on experience with the Lewitt...

zoro
replies: 4 views: 196
peachcasti 1 day ago

Hey guys, does anybody know how the click track infiltrated the music production world? How it started, first band/producers to...

Rafa
replies: 77 views: 12,361
JL1000 1 day ago

I used to use ATM dynamics on drums (live SR) in the late 90's / early 2000's, like a lot of ppl we found the ATM25 on kick and...

BernieW
replies: 8 views: 215
Eric L Nielsen 1 day ago

Choice of shockmount or swivel stand-mount connector. What would you usually used most and is most effective.

QueenSisi
replies: 8 views: 107
QueenSisi 1 day ago

Moderators