The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 7,023
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 30,084
Jules 14th March 2022

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 983 views: 113,477
chowjw 2 minutes ago

I have a midi file that is a choir. When I try to open in cakewalk it is just piano. Do I need to DL some samples? How do this...

keenly
replies: 4 views: 105
keenly 4 minutes ago

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 1,399 views: 37,957
afv 26 minutes ago

Sonically speaking, which album do you feel had the fattest and warmest sound to it?

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 19 views: 260
ziggysane 27 minutes ago

Hi folks I've got a friend's UA LA-2A in here for a stretch while he's in the midst of a renovation. Definitely a fun box to...

themiracle
replies: 2 views: 87
themiracle 49 minutes ago

Lets see if this topic is as contentious as tape vs digital. My own view is that vinyl has always sucked. Any vinyl album quickly...

Rob Coates
replies: 2,586 views: 74,018
theblue1 53 minutes ago

I use an audient id22 and just purchased a heritage audio baby ram. Love HA and their products plus I needed something to control...

dimohiphop
replies: 15 views: 1,199
afv 55 minutes ago

what box to playback WAV files from USB stick looking for something, like a rackmount not using computer

surflounge
replies: 10 views: 239
surflounge 1 hour ago

If so, what, when and how did it happen and if not what does that training look like in today's era? I'm asking from the artist...

boombapdame
replies: 373 views: 12,346
theshoppe 1 hour ago

Tossing up over these mics.. I record my son, he is 10yo mainly pop/rap. Currently recording on a sm7b into a BEA 1073. I...

Dread
replies: 25 views: 668
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Keith Richards: So much technology has flooded in in the last seven or eight years—not that it ever stopped, but it’s...

Rob Coates
replies: 10 views: 448
Plush 1 hour ago

Today at work, I heard this track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stlx-XdBdXA Since I was 9-10, when it was popular, I was...

The Blindude
replies: 1 views: 110
ziggysane 2 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,996 views: 421,374
rob S 2 hours ago

I'm aware they're very different mics, but if I want something higher end than my AT4050 (and CAD M179s), how does a C414 B-ULS...

Dohreetoh
replies: 63 views: 2,039
Jb2 3 hours ago

When I reamp I have a classic hum (low freq, static). Lifting ground on reamp box does nothing but increase the noise. So I...

Mark77
replies: 1 views: 50
Mark77 5 hours ago

Thought it might be useful to have a thread discussing mics by brand...opinions those who have used of course of top interest....

bill5
replies: 78 views: 3,337
GRiFF 7 hours ago

I'm a member of a 7 piece ukulele band. At rehearsal we have 6 uke players gathered in a circle (usually) perhaps 2-3m across,...

Smanth
replies: 9 views: 173
deedeeyeah 8 hours ago

I have just aquired a 26 channel Auditronics 501 (Son Of 36). I am keen to restore and perhapes mod to improve sound . Does...

jvancorduroy
replies: 100 views: 23,015
Wiggy Neve Slut 9 hours ago

I have a cheap Phonic t8100 mic pre that has not sound passing through. When I look inside I can't really tell if the tubes are...

ZipSnipe
replies: 4 views: 240
Janne19691 10 hours ago

Hello... I haven't been able to get an answer on this so far. I still use a mixing console while tracking...and often...

kbshearer
replies: 6 views: 387
leebriancorp 10 hours ago

Hello All, I am in the process of updating a number of things in my home studio, and am looking for advice on a new pair of...

DAKAudio
replies: 16 views: 1,332
Jo Colaczechenz 11 hours ago

Hi Folks, I have a Mackie 24E 8 Bus expander console that I didn't use with my Mackie 24 8 bus. Does anyone know I can use the...

spyroot
replies: 0 views: 47
spyroot 12 hours ago

Really impressed with the new Stager SR-1A Ribbon mic. Anyone else out there using one of these yet? Or two?! Ha! For the...

Doc Mixwell
replies: 39 views: 9,672
waldie wave 12 hours ago

Hi everybody, So, I'm at a stage in my project where final drum tracks are starting to be laid down for these songs, over-top...

MashburnGear
replies: 95 views: 2,545
MashburnGear 13 hours ago

1. I see the value in analog filters on hardware EQs. (which concerns me because is subtractive EQ not a form of filtering?) 2. I...

Nickerz
replies: 10 views: 454
PuggaMahone 13 hours ago

Hi, I am in the market for a 47fet replica and would love to hear experiences and opinions about the following mics: Stam...

Tom255
replies: 11 views: 268
64gtoboy 13 hours ago

As a producer/musician of alternative rock from the 90's era, I've been seeking to learn recently more about the differences...

Rob_Feature
replies: 319 views: 8,621
ElmoHope 14 hours ago

Over the years I've used most every 'standard' monitors, NS-10, Genelec, Dynaudio, PMC, Meyer, Adam, Mackie, Wharfdale, etc. The...

cornfarmer
replies: 10 views: 517
cornfarmer 14 hours ago

Hey all, I’ve been doing a lot more drum tracking in my studio, and many times recording myself making things a little more...

skycaptain
replies: 6 views: 331
cornfarmer 15 hours ago

I am looking for a Glockenspiel to use for Radiohead’s No surprises. Any suggestions? Since I am really only going to use it...

Mike7300
replies: 15 views: 654
Drumsound 15 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 6,202 views: 680,078
no_mood 16 hours ago

Lexicon PCM70 Problem / Presets with resonance are oscillating I have a problem with a second hand PCM70. The device has OS...

TobyToby
replies: 10 views: 3,284
pranza 16 hours ago

I tried sm7b but it’s toooo dark for my test, too much low end My voice is baritone with lot of low frequencies Which...

DNAQuantum
replies: 72 views: 2,098
JLast 17 hours ago

What is the best style of compression for mixing an orchestra when you want to compress the individual instruments... like say...

traumerei1838
replies: 14 views: 387
deedeeyeah 17 hours ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 126 views: 4,942
AB3 18 hours ago

I have read all other threads on this topic. My question is if you split an XLR signal with a high quality transformer based...

Moondog007
replies: 23 views: 740
Averagebear6 18 hours ago

I know this same question gets asked from time to time, and I've read those threads, but as someone looking to get into hardware,...

DAKAudio
replies: 87 views: 1,885
Bushman 19 hours ago

Hi! I am using a pair of KH120 monitors for mixing since a couple of months. I like them a lot. Unfortunately a couple of days...

bencebenyoo
replies: 2 views: 121
bencebenyoo 19 hours ago

Hey I am just trying to avoid all these "whats the best plugin" threads to refresh my impressions about the current...

curry36
replies: 2 views: 141
Methlab 21 hours ago

Ok I will admit, the gear I am using is used. The only thing brand new was the patch bay. So first the used Phonic mic pre...

ZipSnipe
replies: 3 views: 239
GRiFF 23 hours ago

Hi all, been a long time.... I've used the fishman Aura devices in the past and have never liked them. It always sounded...

MVee
replies: 2 views: 130
MVee 1 day ago

Hey guys! Just got this analog summer (folcrom) and i read about the need of DA/AD Converters to get the chain to work the...

laytonstruggle
replies: 6 views: 161
afv 1 day ago

Hi Guys, i am sure you can help me with this...please. I would like to take my Mixer stereo output and sum it into a mono...

mitec1602
replies: 4 views: 75
mitec1602 1 day ago

Anyone here installed one? Any pointers as to not screw it up? An old Tape-op article said it’s possible to “fry “ it if...

Jeffro09
replies: 1 views: 83
archdake 1 day ago

Dear Gearspace users, I just joined today and this is my first post. I apologize if the question is not placed on the right...

albu_cristian83
replies: 4 views: 268
albu_cristian83 1 day ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,187 views: 76,945
BernieW 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have some difficulties with choosing right studio monitors for my small studio. I found some affordable used...

VVanian
replies: 2 views: 137
VVanian 1 day ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,643 views: 1,326,537
goom 1 day ago

hi guys! i got a carbon and now i'm trying to compare with my latest setup: symphony 2x6 + la610 + isa430. i can't notice a big...

diogomusique
replies: 17 views: 953
tekn0 1 day ago

Funny story about the lyra preamp and my Sebatron tube preamp that happened a few days ago. So, I was in the studio with a few...

trevon
replies: 5 views: 294
tekn0 1 day ago

Moderators