The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 8,131
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 31,275
Jules 14th March 2022

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 1,528 views: 53,575
newguy1 2 minutes ago

Hi, does any one have any information on the new compressor from little labs? no one has posted any thing about it or uploaded...

Edgar Lu
replies: 74 views: 13,598
themiracle 7 minutes ago

Hi Folks, I have a Mackie 24E 8 Bus expander console that I didn't use with my Mackie 24 8 bus. Does anyone know I can use the...

spyroot
replies: 6 views: 258
spyroot 8 minutes ago

Hi, First post ever, after more than a decade learning almost everyday from this community. I hope I'm posting in the right...

jyps
replies: 0 views: 1
jyps 22 minutes ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 13 views: 267
David Rick 24 minutes ago

I have a DBX 286s that I run an sm57 through for podcasting as well as for demo vocal tracking. Recently, I've started getting...

ragnarpk
replies: 7 views: 114
JLast 26 minutes ago

I've been looking for a way to quickly mute my active monitors in a panic situation - for example if my computer decided to blast...

allthebuttons
replies: 9 views: 197
allthebuttons 34 minutes ago

I know this same question gets asked from time to time, and I've read those threads, but as someone looking to get into hardware,...

DAKAudio
replies: 101 views: 3,260
Nic Fanciulli 52 minutes ago

Hello Ive acquired a lot of preamps over time and its become unwieldy to move to remote drum recording sessions Im...

lossleader
replies: 0 views: 12
lossleader 54 minutes ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 6,211 views: 682,852
riffwraith 1 hour ago

Decided I’m gonna try the auratones, the newer self powered ones. Should I go with a single auratone in mono or get a stereo...

arklay.dark
replies: 21 views: 494
archdake 1 hour ago

So I've seen many posts on here about the debate between going the 'silent stage' route where everyone in a band goes direct into...

nksoloproject
replies: 26 views: 826
tymish 1 hour ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,473 views: 189,581
thismercifulfate 2 hours ago

As a producer/musician of alternative rock from the 90's era, I've been seeking to learn recently more about the differences...

Rob_Feature
replies: 738 views: 18,902
tymish 2 hours ago

Can anyone recommend a two channel hardware corrective eq that doesn’t cost a million dollars. I have two pultec meqm-5’s...

carolcappetta
replies: 18 views: 454
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 hours ago

A while ago, somewhere deep on the event horizon of Gearspace, a crazy idea was born… ...an idea of community and context. As...

James Lehmann
replies: 20 views: 591
Mordae 2 hours ago

I use Logic Pro X 10.2 with my Apollo x8, and I use the Console App for monitoring. I have previously recorded DI tracks for...

xxromani
replies: 0 views: 37
xxromani 2 hours ago

Someone is selling a vintage u87 before I drive 2 hrs to get it I just want to make sure If it looks legit. Only Thing bothering...

djbrown
replies: 10 views: 277
GRiFF 2 hours ago

If you were (or are) apart of the communal aspect of making music at any time in your life, you were (or are) apart of the...

boombapdame
replies: 8 views: 368
henryrobinett 2 hours ago

Hi there!! This problem has been vexing me for a while. It’s a crackling noise on both sync and repro heads during playback...

Brodoccoli
replies: 4 views: 178
mamm7215 2 hours ago

Working with a rock band on their album. We tracked the drums, bass and one guitar track live to 8 track 1/2" tape and we're...

Captain Cool
replies: 0 views: 41
Captain Cool 2 hours ago

Keith Richards: So much technology has flooded in in the last seven or eight years—not that it ever stopped, but it’s...

Rob Coates
replies: 153 views: 5,319
chessparov2.0 2 hours ago

Looking for a simple monitor control solution that I can mount under my desk. Was originally looking at the Drawmer MC2.1, but I...

thevisi0nary
replies: 2 views: 126
afv 2 hours ago

I recently replaced one of my older studio amps with a new Bryston 4b3 pro and love it. I have it hooked up to my Yamaha NS40m...

davidki
replies: 2 views: 222
davidki 3 hours ago

Hello, My gear rn is: nt1, two sm57s, some crappy condenser, some bass fat dynamic mic. I need to record a little chamber...

Carmelious
replies: 3 views: 72
andychamp 4 hours ago

I have just finished up a recording project and had the chance to get out into a proper studio and (bluntly) show my voice off...

LostTheTone
replies: 34 views: 1,299
coffeecup77 4 hours ago

I know this is a bit out there, but here goes: Does anyone try recording vocals with more then one mic? I know it's done all the...

strings
replies: 73 views: 39,990
dfghdhr 5 hours ago

Hi, I have 3 mics (Rode M1, Samson Q2U and the Shure SM35 headset mic). WOuld you suggest me the upgrade to the Aston Spirit or...

Djengis
replies: 0 views: 52
Djengis 6 hours ago

Just wanted to start a thread based specifically around the use of consoles in a HOME studio. Who here has decided to go down...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 39 views: 2,000
psycho_monkey 7 hours ago

Hi, though I just started a very similar thread in this forum concerning the history and the possibly existence of 2 (!)...

mom
replies: 9 views: 2,408
toledo3 7 hours ago

I know people will pirate anything, but microphones don't seem like a very likely target, IMO. Here's the story: I have...

Rob_Feature
replies: 25 views: 790
bangbang 7 hours ago

Hi everyone, my living situation is improving after Covid and the related lockdowns, and I'm looking to buy a few new mics to...

spambot_2
replies: 3 views: 164
bangbang 7 hours ago

If you're on a budget and are looking for some outstanding dynamic mics, you should SERIOUSLY look at the EV RE & PL...

DamnYankee
replies: 121 views: 74,194
tobiastesti 7 hours ago

Heard lots about this mic...highly regarded..., tight polar pattern, condenser-like almost as far as dynamics go. I've been using...

hello people
replies: 40 views: 1,996
bangbang 8 hours ago

I haven't found much information around here, nor anywhere else, on these DIY kits, which he also sales assembled. I saw one guy...

_Mark
replies: 30 views: 12,097
hooty 8 hours ago

I previously worked on SC207. The change to Klassic 2020 opened my eyes and ears. I had APS Aeon with I sold to friend as I moved...

differance
replies: 33 views: 14,274
harrisar1971 9 hours ago

Hi, I seem to remember of a website where people who have analog gear can propose their gear "as a...

AdrienPerinot
replies: 6 views: 285
AdrienPerinot 11 hours ago

Hey, I have adopted a mixing on head phone approach with great success. My room currently is not treated, I have a fair bit of...

Dread
replies: 16 views: 461
GRiFF 11 hours ago

Hi all, I have a pair of the KRK S4 V8 monitors already, and while they go down pretty low, I’m wanting to add some subs to...

SDB_12
replies: 2 views: 128
Drumsound 16 hours ago

Hi guys, I have a little but well equipped home studio. I recent picked up a 1176 clone but for some reason this unit and this...

Omur
replies: 7 views: 287
MarkF48 19 hours ago

I am looking a a very small handful of mic preamps to go with my u67. I always use my apogee symphony mkII preamps which work...

carolcappetta
replies: 0 views: 91
carolcappetta 22 hours ago

Have you ever tried this? My room is kind of... not treated :-) So i put a MD421 really low, right over the kick pedal to get as...

Joniverse
replies: 25 views: 4,148
andychamp 22 hours ago
replies: - views: -
newguy1 22 hours ago

I have a babyface pro which only has a pair of balanced outs. I am currently interested in adding a set of reference speakers or...

thevisi0nary
replies: 2 views: 116
JLast 23 hours ago

So in 2022 I am wondering what are some of the best options for live multitrack recording. I am currently using a motu 16a and...

Diegel
replies: 47 views: 1,615
Diegel 1 day ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 134 views: 5,868
e-are 1 day ago

So I had a chance to borrow my friend's OTO BAM for the weekend, and I really liked it. But before I spend $600 on a new one I...

allen7ny
replies: 4 views: 581
jobinho 1 day ago

There seems to be almost no information at all about this compressor. I don't know if it's because it looks like a Tonka truck,...

ionian
replies: 9 views: 855
Pyeguy 1 day ago

I have both of these mics. So far I've noticed the cm800t is more airy and sounds a lot more like my slate digital's c800g...

MyMusicBad
replies: 3 views: 174
sourpatch 1 day ago

I was flirting with the idea of using Nigel's L C R mic set-up on the basement sessions. It's coles 4038's real low as almost...

lord_bunny
replies: 12 views: 4,868
theglow 1 day ago

Moderators