The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Bit of a rant, but like when did preamps become these magic go-to boxes that can cure cancer and give you the tone of your...

gravyface
replies: 2,256 views: 69,474
kennybro 1 minute ago

It's easy to find negative feedback on the 193. Any of you guys loving it for vocals? If so what type of voices do you find it...

Krush411
replies: 56 views: 5,489
mikehalloran 4 minutes ago

I’m on the verge of purchasing my first control surface. I have a small home studio, and am mixing itb using Pro Tools. My...

chp
replies: 0 views: 1
chp 7 minutes ago

Hello. I'm looking for some advice from professional audio engineers who know this subject well. I gathered my questions about...

avr90
replies: 76 views: 3,777
deuc647 8 minutes ago

So, I've upgraded my converters and my Mac and now have an awful lot of processing power at my disposal. I've always worked at...

MrShades
replies: 44 views: 811
thenoodle 38 minutes ago

This post should maybe be in the Low End Theory forum but: I have an M&K sub in my home studio that has an LPF only that I've...

ControlCentral
replies: 4 views: 51
Martel80 1 hour ago

Covid crushing me at the moment so I’m binging Yellowstone. Anyone try mixing in a cowboy hat? Would the brim mess things up?

augustin187
replies: 62 views: 1,701
Bushman 1 hour ago

Enough already of all the "what's your favourite..." threads, how about the opposite? Which piece of gear just fills...

BernieW
replies: 818 views: 38,611
Rob 28 1 hour ago

So right now I have a Korg padKONTROL (white version) that I use for acoustic styled drumming with 3rd party Kontakt instruments....

imhungry
replies: 0 views: 21
imhungry 2 hours ago

Hey guys, i am looking for a preamp for recording vocal and electric guitar. Rightnow i have a AKG C414XLII for vocal , a SM57...

Roy Zhang
replies: 52 views: 1,246
JL1000 2 hours ago

I'm a hobbyist. I don't mix professionally anymore but I still have a few projects here and there sometime and I'm contemplating...

Martel80
replies: 0 views: 27
Martel80 2 hours ago

I have a pair of Kali LP-6 they've done pretty well, but I'm looking for something with more detail. Has anyone heard the Focal...

Peter Pav
replies: 11 views: 2,863
hereticskeptic 3 hours ago

...or just a prop that was on hand? I don't recognize it, but there's probably a bunch I haven't seen. Can't figure they'd get...

Jidis
replies: 0 views: 31
Jidis 4 hours ago

Hello, I have an EV 635A microphone plugged into my A&H mixer. The output of the microphone is soooo quiet, that I need to...

Gggg
replies: 3 views: 94
kennybro 4 hours ago

Is there a problem, generally, in chaining mic and TRs cables? I want to neatly hug three mic and TRS cables (for phones) around...

henryrobinett
replies: 2 views: 49
kennybro 4 hours ago

DPA 4018 DPA 2028 Neumann KMS105 Sennheiser MD441 Beyerdynamic M88tg Shure SM58 Earthworks SR40v Earthworks SR314 Shure...

RodrigoPandelo
replies: 87 views: 2,187
JLast 5 hours ago

Thought it might be useful to have a thread discussing mics by brand...opinions those who have used of course of top interest....

bill5
replies: 72 views: 5,097
Drumsound 5 hours ago

Any budget friendly suggestions for spot micing cymbals?? I've been using sm57's just because that's what I had 5 of (I'll need 5...

Dizzler
replies: 27 views: 405
elegentdrum 5 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 6,274 views: 712,946
drBill 5 hours ago

Hi everyone, I bought a used ASP880 six or eight months ago from a friend of a friend, and up until last week it's been a really...

Masecar
replies: 143 views: 18,785
skillzmcgavern 5 hours ago

As the title suggests: I have 300€ to spend for a dynamic mic. New or used I don’t care. Mainly for vocals but should...

markboombastik
replies: 68 views: 2,946
Penguino 5 hours ago

Hello everyone ! howdy I've been reading this forum since I was old enough to use the internet, but this is the first time I'm...

antuwen
replies: 25 views: 282
antuwen 5 hours ago

For those interested in hearing a complete track of nothing but DPA mics, including the new 4055 on both kick and bass, I present...

TL2
replies: 5 views: 269
TL2 6 hours ago

Hi, Right, starting to get crazy over here. Got an not even a year old Heritage Elite 73EQ preamp. Which has been working...

laytonstruggle
replies: 1 views: 69
laytonstruggle 7 hours ago

How do I clock these three boxes together? Clarett+ 8Pre - Interface. Has word clock output Behringer ADA8200 - D/A. Has word...

LPTeleStrat
replies: 5 views: 169
Pollo 7 hours ago

I greatly miss the SST-282 Space Station plugin that was discontinued and died with PT10 TDM. Anyone know of ANYTHING that can...

littlesicily
replies: 46 views: 13,956
Hyder boy 7 hours ago
replies: - views: -
iFi audio 8 hours ago

Hello all. I'd like to preface this with a disclaimer informing everyone that I am a total beginner to studio recording, a noob,...

Herkemer Jones
replies: 9 views: 98
Burstwurst 9 hours ago

I keep going back and forth in my brain! I'm not looking for gospel here, just a friendly conversation to maybe open my mind,...

SDB_12
replies: 15 views: 545
sparqee 10 hours ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 779 views: 27,036
BernieW 11 hours ago

Hello all, Some time ago I got interested in the IR sampling techniques and their capabilities in terms of using hardware in...

echodeal
replies: 2 views: 118
echodeal 11 hours ago

Just purchased 2 new dbx 160a's the manual mentioned a transformer upgrade, but which ones and where do I buy these, I live in...

Analogue Mastering
replies: 86 views: 14,702
Graham Sound 12 hours ago

I'm getting a Behringer XR18 tablet controlled digital mixer soon and I've heard some people say it's best to purchase an...

nksoloproject
replies: 22 views: 390
gravyface 12 hours ago

Can anyone recommend a unit that combines all the same functions as a DBX 286s, but is superior? I can get one of these new...

konkon
replies: 14 views: 12,084
logancircle2 12 hours ago

Anyone into video production? Really I mean of and in your studio. I’ve come to the conclusion slowly that people like to...

henryrobinett
replies: 100 views: 2,890
Aural Endeavors 12 hours ago

The CM6 has been around for going on a decade and it had a lot of admirers here in Gearslutz with it's biggest cheerleader being...

Luckyd77
replies: 33 views: 3,991
IndigoSol 12 hours ago

Hey! Share how you guys go about! Let’s say you finished recording a project, vocals, drums, guitars etc. And you...

laytonstruggle
replies: 12 views: 299
Dave Polich 13 hours ago

Hi everyone! I have an Apollo Twin Quad and have been collecting a lot of my favorite analog equipment over the past few months....

jsa
replies: 4 views: 147
jsa 15 hours ago

Good afternoon. Hopefully this is a stupid question. I recently purchased a Digitech RP80 - the instructions are generally...

Skuzzzy
replies: 0 views: 30
Skuzzzy 15 hours ago

Hi all, I have a rectangular diaphragm condenser pair (Pearl ELM A) that is the basic foundation of my small recording setup....

GalenHefferman
replies: 13 views: 557
cheu78 15 hours ago

Hi! I'm currently using Genelec 8020D (with sonarworks) in my small studio (8 m2) and I need to extend my low end. I was...

Mac Kay
replies: 2 views: 168
Alex_HS 15 hours ago

Over the years, I've collected what one might consider "bargain" used single rack 8 channel mic preamps. I always find...

Justin1524
replies: 2 views: 114
deedeeyeah 15 hours ago

I hear conflicting opinions on whether an original Auratone 5C sounds/translates better than the new model being offered...

jerrydpi
replies: 45 views: 14,332
iLCacciLLo 20 hours ago

Hello everyone. Recently I had purchased the EV RE2000 because a Guitar Center I go to got it and it seemed like a really...

midnightwolf
replies: 1 views: 76
Wayne 23 hours ago

Let's hear it... Is the Townsend Labs Sphere modeling mic brilliant or silly? Is it a Kemper for microphones or a Line 6 from the...

Funk-O-Meter
replies: 83 views: 17,917
Aural Endeavors 23 hours ago

Hi I just received my two new ez1073eq that Colin from AML just release this year. Anyone interested? Look pretty good but not an...

blacky123
replies: 87 views: 15,764
plainofjars 1 day ago

hooked my Big Ben up, dual bnc outputs. One to a effects processor, one to Alesis BRC remote that feeds a HD24XR via sync cable....

Jeffro09
replies: 0 views: 47
Jeffro09 1 day ago

For $999, seems a great deal for 3 distinctly different hot swappable capsules.

Mr Funk
replies: 282 views: 26,599
superflybass 1 day ago

I will soon be moving a few states away from where I am now. In the past, packing my gear has been pretty simple, since I have...

audiodef
replies: 9 views: 908
Drumsound 1 day ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

juicylime
replies: 6,554 views: 728,016
zwolf 1 day ago

Moderators