The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey guys. I'm on the lookout for my first "real" SDC/pair of SDC's for recording acoustic guitar. I have narrowed the...

olidward
replies: 25 views: 472
daaronhoffman 13 minutes ago

Picked up one of these today and I’m just loving this lush sound. It feels almost like a plate to me in terms of richness and...

zwolf
replies: 4 views: 166
delichef 14 minutes ago

I’m making some cables for a synth / fx / modular / drum machine station. I’m reading I should keep my unbalanced cable...

augustin187
replies: 0 views: 2
augustin187 24 minutes ago

Any budget friendly suggestions for spot micing cymbals?? I've been using sm57's just because that's what I had 5 of (I'll need 5...

Dizzler
replies: 96 views: 1,387
deedeeyeah 48 minutes ago

What is folk music production these days? Well, here goes, off the top of my head. Much of what I’ve done for the past 35...

wildplum
replies: 0 views: 14
wildplum 52 minutes ago

Sorry for the newb wattage question. I‘m not very well versed in passive monitors and power amps. I‘ve got a pair of NS10...

Redmonk
replies: 0 views: 9
Redmonk 55 minutes ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,662 views: 211,046
johannburkard 1 hour ago

I'm sure this has been covered before but I don't see a handy thread devoted to DI's, so here goes. If it fizzles out, fine,...

BernieW
replies: 154 views: 8,923
reelbigspikey 1 hour ago

The internet is resounding with the combination of the Shure A81WS wind screen on the SM57. People say it's a poor man's SM7b,...

thetarun
replies: 19 views: 3,061
voiceoversteve 1 hour ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 2,072 views: 194,179
drBill 1 hour ago

Seems like it would be very simple for a company to make a passive transformer box with very colorful transformers. Something...

Rob Coates
replies: 12 views: 386
poppaflavor 1 hour ago

I'm a Zildjian guy. I've got some upcoming acoustic recording sessions and am looking to purchase a set in addition to my A...

Dizzler
replies: 5 views: 70
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

Almost everyone on here loves to "add some flavor" by having a variety of compressors, EQs, mic pres etc. They're all...

Nickerz
replies: 21 views: 554
PdotDdot 2 hours ago

So, I've upgraded my converters and my Mac and now have an awful lot of processing power at my disposal. I've always worked at...

MrShades
replies: 139 views: 3,426
nightchef 2 hours ago

A friend of mine is selling off some studio gear, including a few preamps. He let me borrow a couple of them that seemed most up...

nightchef
replies: 76 views: 4,579
Sanchez 2 hours ago

I just bought a pair of sE8 pencil condensers and while they sound great, they're a bit on the noisy side (i'm recording in my...

DanielBastion
replies: 0 views: 36
DanielBastion 2 hours ago

II few weeks ago heyokay posted a thread about recording drums only with dynamic mics. Read it here I’ve done this here and...

Drumsound
replies: 89 views: 11,821
Drumsound 2 hours ago
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services

Hello, I have been trying to reach John Hardy Co for a batch of 990s and have not been able to contact him for over a month,...

Pinebox Studio Services
replies: 8 views: 453
markpaudio 2 hours ago

I would like to use the Mackie Big Knob passive as a simple on my desk way to regulate volume, and quickly switch between my...

hans
replies: 5 views: 879
Yearofthegoat 2 hours ago

Hello! I've ran into a rather odd issue when setting up an Antelope Orion Studio. I currently have two sets of monitors speakers...

dannyherbert
replies: 7 views: 2,143
NoTown Studios 3 hours ago

I’m looking for clarity and smoothness Going into TB12 + WA2A

auxReturn
replies: 18 views: 1,109
Scragend 3 hours ago

I'm a longtime RME user - time to upgrade the interface. I'm struggling between a used first gen UFX and the new UCX ii. Both...

jguitarguy27
replies: 2 views: 189
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

Hey guys, I mix in a hybrid way and noticed my left channel was a bit louder than my right. I measured it with a sine wave at...

Skiggy
replies: 0 views: 48
Skiggy 3 hours ago

DPA 4018 DPA 2028 Neumann KMS105 Sennheiser MD441 Beyerdynamic M88tg Shure SM58 Earthworks SR40v Earthworks SR314 Shure...

RodrigoPandelo
replies: 99 views: 2,807
Jimbo 3 hours ago

HI! i'm recording a rock band formed by a guitar, a drum and a double bass. I'm having difficulty for the double bass, because it...

koram
replies: 18 views: 377
joeq 4 hours ago

Hi. Just perused the new ish of URB (cheesy dance music mag) that gets sent to the studio. Lo and behond, on the chest of one...

springs
replies: 38 views: 6,127
l.sicilian 4 hours ago

Not sure of the year, but this PL6 mic looks exactly like an EV 660 which themselves look very similar to EV RE15. The...

Jaff67
replies: 4 views: 137
Jaff67 4 hours ago

Bit of a rant, but like when did preamps become these magic go-to boxes that can cure cancer and give you the tone of your...

gravyface
replies: 2,330 views: 73,501
muffegutt 4 hours ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 795 views: 28,035
BernieW 4 hours ago

Does anyone know why the outputs on the Universal Audio Apollo x8 are shifted? For example, if I plug the cables into Output...

xaxot
replies: 7 views: 513
hsohl2006 4 hours ago

So, Google has launched a text-to-music AI generator: MusicLM. Instructions are written in plain text, and music is generated...

Trem
replies: 3 views: 209
Trem 5 hours ago

I'm planning to record solo acoustic guitar (with me playing), and after listening to some demos, I think a stereo recording...

deejayen
replies: 8 views: 227
RayHeath 5 hours ago

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 879 views: 50,376
jchristopherhughes 5 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,462 views: 92,585
kludgeaudio 5 hours ago

Has anyone managed a studio that has mutiple licence & dongles for a single plugin and used one iLok account to manage them...

Fishmed
replies: 0 views: 45
Fishmed 5 hours ago

I keep going back and forth in my brain! I'm not looking for gospel here, just a friendly conversation to maybe open my mind,...

SDB_12
replies: 25 views: 799
SDB_12 6 hours ago

Just refurbished a 1972 Fender Rhodes Stage 73 MK1, and had it serviced for voice/tune by a great tech. I'm currently playing it...

erleichda
replies: 19 views: 6,331
ExIngeParis 6 hours ago

Hey guys, my Sound Anchors ADMID1 are reflecting sound, they ring if I clap and also when I play a short sample like a...

gigi1234
replies: 7 views: 161
David Rick 6 hours ago

I just scored a pair of stromberg-calrson mc41 microphones at a garage sale for $15. I guess its stromberg-carlson, that's what...

pedalboy
replies: 6 views: 4,478
Ted G 6 hours ago

I'm looking for a 500 series line level pre with clean high quality sound but not sterile or artificially bright. For subtle...

Ossicle
replies: 5 views: 823
Ossicle 7 hours ago

I want to treat myself in begining of next year with good sounding 2 channel preamp that will help me solve problems with hiss in...

StudioStriver
replies: 34 views: 1,297
Matt Milton 7 hours ago

I am repainting mine and did some test panels of rustoleum gold hammertone spray paint 7210830 7210-830 as well as the jetliner...

jml designs
replies: 3 views: 182
gravyface 9 hours ago

I have a pair of Warm Audio TB12's that I have used and loved for years. They are the original orange ones with the external psu...

sdavisguitar
replies: 3 views: 148
gravyface 9 hours ago

Hi all, I have a rectangular diaphragm condenser pair (Pearl ELM A) that is the basic foundation of my small recording setup....

GalenHefferman
replies: 25 views: 945
dogears 10 hours ago

My push switches for bus assign, HP filters, etc on my Allen & Heath Zed R16 are intermittent & dirty. I plan on taking...

m_gant
replies: 8 views: 2,600
lagugga 10 hours ago

Does anyone have any samples or info on the BeesNeez Sally??? Incredible how this mic has been out for so long and not a single...

Dread
replies: 0 views: 63
Dread 12 hours ago

Hey guys Looking at picking up a vintage u87 and wanted to get your take on this one. All looks pretty in order except for...

vem19
replies: 10 views: 360
vem19 12 hours ago

I've just bought a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 which has a balanced XLR out which is going into a Vox VX50KB combo amp mic input...

rostopchin
replies: 43 views: 1,160
px256 12 hours ago

Why didn't the Steinberg UR-RT-2 with Neve designed transformers take off? I just got one to try for $175. Yes, it's an interface...

Rob Coates
replies: 36 views: 1,110
iflyprivate 13 hours ago

The CM6 has been around for going on a decade and it had a lot of admirers here in Gearslutz with it's biggest cheerleader being...

Luckyd77
replies: 34 views: 4,066
Dr. Jule 13 hours ago

Moderators