Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I do a lot of live off the floor, let it bleed, built to spill, that sort of thing. I usually do a Glyn Johns era thing with...

gravyface
replies: 17 views: 458
deedeeyeah 13 minutes ago

I'm not someone who grew up making music nor do I come from a musical family, but I admit that I'm grateful that making music in...

boombapdame
replies: 710 views: 12,317
chessparov2.0 19 minutes ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,114 views: 78,638
ragnarokzwei 52 minutes ago

This interface has been out a long time now in the world of technology, around 6 years I believe. Apogee has updated other...

JBVN
replies: 4 views: 91
Philip Turner 59 minutes ago

Anyone seen these on ebay? super cheap but looks decent, US company in KeyWest?

RightOnRome
replies: 182 views: 8,665
Matti 1 hour ago

Has anyone ever had to record vocals in a conservatory with a perspex roof? It's a long story...:facepalm: If you had no...

montanasan
replies: 5 views: 96
David Rick 1 hour ago

Hello! I had a buddy come by my studio and brought his RME Babyface pro fs. We did a side by side comparison of the Apollo Solo...

petenap25
replies: 8 views: 413
hello people 1 hour ago
replies: 10 views: 192
vernier 1 hour ago

Heya all.. I'm building a new room to mix mostly dance music in. The room will be accurate down to 43hz or so, and my designer...

traveller69
replies: 27 views: 933
uptheoctave 1 hour ago

If they're powered obviously....Just got a set of Kali 6.5 montiors...Always wondered if it's better for them to turn them off...

auriel
replies: 18 views: 567
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I know nothing about this brand, but the feature set of the interface looks good. I love the analog controls, and not the...

PDXOR
replies: 1 views: 155
Prodbyjlw 2 hours ago

Not curious enough to investigate it, but curious enough to wonder and marvel... I hear on one hand that it sounds almost...

joelpatterson
replies: 305 views: 9,168
ElmoHope 2 hours ago

I really love the dynamic range of classical music. Are there rock albums with a similar range?

goom
replies: 185 views: 6,857
DistortingJack 2 hours ago

Got an application where I need to control my 01v from stage sometimes. This can be done with the C-MEXX C-Console software via...

Funk-O-Meter
replies: 5 views: 4,965
Ismael Biber 2 hours ago

Okay, before I record my albums I go big on one item. This go round I have my eye on a real nice LDC. I record metal and I...

Scoreofallthings
replies: 4 views: 139
Scoreofallthings 2 hours ago

I'm currently recording my VIVO SX7 via XLR cables connected to my audio interface. However, I don't feel the full emotion and...

Jaxeto
replies: 0 views: 40
Jaxeto 2 hours ago

Am thinking of getting my 40-4 out of storage to mess around with, and wondered if any other members wanted to share their...

chessparov
replies: 24 views: 15,981
vernier 2 hours ago

I'm redoing my four 96 point TT bays. Re: labeling, I've noticed a few different conventions. What's your preference? 1. To...

wonderlover
replies: 2 views: 63
wonderlover 3 hours ago

In the AMS Neve 1073SPX, I see input and output transformers. On the UK Sound surface mount 1073, I only see the input...

bobwarren
replies: 5 views: 226
Wiggy Neve Slut 3 hours ago

If you could choose only 1 analog compressor to use for the rest of your life what would it be? I’m in the market for an...

bassbinoctuplets
replies: 48 views: 1,617
Wiggy Neve Slut 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, I've read in many threads about the hum/buzz problem all newer (after 2011) EV RE20s suffer from, due to some...

The Tenant
replies: 8 views: 246
ErezW 4 hours ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 921 views: 132,262
Drumsound 5 hours ago

Hi all, do you know if, apart the AEA N22, there are some ribbon mics with extended top...

loziodavid
replies: 25 views: 587
Shannon Adkins 7 hours ago

Hi! I’ve got an old akg c414 eb with ck12 capsule. After i have read the manual i came across that it’s not really build for...

Gus_Pin
replies: 3 views: 568
Klaus 7 hours ago

I've had the Lavry DA10 D/A converter for many years now with no complaints. I've always run it on the 'crystal' PLL setting as...

nbenford
replies: 8 views: 285
yewtreemagic 8 hours ago

I'm looking to capture dry tracks for various instruments and mics going into my audio rig, now I can go buy an 8 channel...

Polyphonics
replies: 7 views: 242
Aural Endeavors 9 hours ago

Hi. I saw some thread about Audioscape buss compressor vs other clones or the original 4K compressor, but I was wondering how it...

eyeball
replies: 6 views: 212
eyeball 9 hours ago
replies: 51 views: 675
drockfresh 11 hours ago

Hey gang! I’m currently using JBL LSR305 with a sub and I’m definitely getting the best mixes I’ve had in my life. This...

tee_horse
replies: 8 views: 326
cause 12 hours ago

… and yet still up front and on top. bumpkin The song is kinda' dumb, though. https://youtube.com/watch?v=wvsP_lzh2-8

goom
replies: 7 views: 289
telecode 12 hours ago

Anyone have any idea what Hillary Scott uses for her vocal chain?

Digiplex
replies: 12 views: 443
Digiplex 13 hours ago

We got a Nero monitor controller for the studio. Looks great, but we are having many problems. Once turned on the sound was...

matt3310
replies: 27 views: 4,411
Lucas Age 13 hours ago

I paid a pro engineer, with pro credits from my favorite artist to mix my record. it wasn’t cheap either I paid the high entry...

toofast
replies: 79 views: 3,369
psycho_monkey 18 hours ago

If this is not appropriate, moderators can remove. I have a very old Shure 556 'fatboy' that was in good physical condition...

EV676
replies: 10 views: 6,017
lukpac 20 hours ago

Hey guys. I have a Akai S900 sampler, a Nord Lead 1 synth, a Mackie CR1604 mixer, a Focusrite i8i8 interface and a PC hosting...

Youthpose
replies: 4 views: 114
Youthpose 20 hours ago

Anyone have a suggestion for something like this...I don't mean a power cord with electrical outlets like the spike protectors...

bill5
replies: 1 views: 151
mrufino1 21 hours ago

Hey guys my friend is letting me borrow is jcm 900. i kinda like it with the style of music my band plays. (like early rise...

KyleSA
replies: 65 views: 31,956
Monotremata 21 hours ago

So I bought the ART TransX preamp. It's the first product from ART that I remember purchasing. I don't usually take notice of...

Enlightened Hand
replies: 45 views: 2,669
JoeyM 23 hours ago

Title says it all. Has anyone used some of the mics that advanced audio makes? They have a huge list of people that use them...

WeAreNotOkay
replies: 46 views: 11,335
WeAreNotOkay 23 hours ago

Looking for an 8 channel mixer (preferably analog) with direct out. I need it as a gain stage before my interface and also to...

mizzle
replies: 14 views: 9,802
PuggaMahone 1 day ago

Im looking at the TK Audio BC1 THD Compressor vs the TK Audio BC501-GR 500. In general will these units sound exactly the same or...

psionic
replies: 4 views: 260
toledo3 1 day ago

Good morning all, I am pleasantly surprised to say that last night i put up a pair of sm57's as my drum overheads and got what i...

carolcappetta
replies: 46 views: 1,432
toledo3 1 day ago

Hey guys, Simple question here! I'm finishing the cabling and setup for a project studio, and we've got a bunch of old rack...

willmarshall
replies: 1 views: 115
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

The slammin' compression, just pumpin' the bejesus out of my janky drawers... Any idea what was used on that?

gravyface
replies: 1 views: 133
toledo3 1 day ago

I need a REAMP box to use guitar pedals as outboard fx in a hybrid setup. IYO what are the best Reamp boxes? Other than the...

jeebles
replies: 5 views: 331
din 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm attempting to send my MIDI clock out from Maschine to my Pigtronix Infinity looper and I'm having no luck. Is...

coyote1227
replies: 3 views: 3,184
din 1 day ago

Anyone using this interface? I’m about to get a new laptop with the latest Windows and am wondering how this interface has...

steelyfan
replies: 1 views: 88
Workingman 1 day ago

I have SL pro 7 and use Nuendo 11. I saw SL8 came out today. Downloaded it and SL 8 one shows up. Contacted Steinberg and they...

arsmusic
replies: 1 views: 80
thenoodle 1 day ago

Hi GS I'm looking to upgrade my Dynaudio lyd 8. i have narrowed it down to. -Neuman kh 310 -Neumann kh 80 with kh 750...

zoro
replies: 4 views: 137
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

Hello I've got two shure microphones that are not working for me, wondering if anyone out there might have any pointers in how...

youngfivendimer
replies: 2 views: 107
youngfivendimer 1 day ago

Moderators