The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Gearspace.com® has teamed up with our pals at WesAudio® to offer everyone the chance to win one of two limited edition...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 353
The Press Desk 1 week ago

I was looking into the Cakewalk DAW, which it says on the Bandlab website is free. I'm amazed by this, how can this be...

nksoloproject
replies: 18 views: 352
ShadowsOfLife 3 minutes ago

I'm looking at learning Pro Tools for valuable experience since it's regarded as the 'industry standard' DAW used by the pros /...

nksoloproject
replies: 20 views: 204
avare 7 minutes ago

Has anyone in the studio world been using the new Neve 8424 mixing desk. There’s a few promo videos from Neve but have any guys...

Music.man100
replies: 120 views: 14,885
Todd M 12 minutes ago

I have a good-sized selection of Sennheiser mics (below), but the e902 has always been a bit of a no-go for me. - 3x e965 - 8x...

chris661
replies: 2 views: 82
chris661 35 minutes ago

hello. I'm bon, new here. ntmu. I'm feeling kinda crossed about something, so I gotta ask for your guys' opinions. I am about to...

bon
replies: 60 views: 2,391
Dave Polich 37 minutes ago

LDC: AKG C414 XLS, BN BU87i C, Warm WA-47jr FET, Rode NT1-A SDC: AKG C451B, sE sE8 (3), Rode M3, AKG C1000S Dynamic: Shure...

LPTeleStrat
replies: 9 views: 149
RayHeath 45 minutes ago

I've owned a Requisite Audio RTS-4A vacuum tube power supply that's always added a slight hum to the signal. I believe I have...

voiceaddict
replies: 1 views: 54
Dave Polich 56 minutes ago

Hi all, could please do with some help here as I'm a little unsure of what to do. I just purchased a Slate Digital VMS ML-1...

MrMoose
replies: 4 views: 755
Dave Polich 1 hour ago

What was the single best audio gear item you bought / acquired in 2022? rockout

Jules
replies: 18 views: 653
Melgueil 1 hour ago

A friend just released an EP of material recorded in a cool studio by a well respected engineer. Everyone brought their "A...

theshoppe
replies: 897 views: 23,912
nat8808 1 hour ago

Just picked up a pair of Altec Big Red speakers with original crossovers. I just ran a quick test with a Crown D-75 that I use...

janalex
replies: 0 views: 9
janalex 1 hour ago

As the title suggests: I have 300€ to spend for a dynamic mic. New or used I don’t care. Mainly for vocals but should...

markboombastik
replies: 60 views: 1,762
peachcasti 1 hour ago

I do not have any electricity issue at my city ! But my setup is now expensive so its risky even though i never faced any issue...

Jacklove
replies: 0 views: 23
Jacklove 2 hours ago

... regularly (4x per week), and that won't damage the gear overtime ?

SebVc
replies: 22 views: 367
kludgeaudio 2 hours ago

Price hike

Less than half a year ago, the M201TG cost $178 on the Thomann U.S. website. Now it costs $234, so 31% higher. Have you noticed...

Sinocelt
replies: 37 views: 1,403
gravyface 2 hours ago

Just reviewing aspects of Michael Brauer's ABCD bus setup and wondering if anyone's looked at emulating it ITB, and if so what...

Pete G
replies: 274 views: 52,087
skandinav 4 hours ago

I have a Lynx Aurora 16 with an LT-FW firewire card. I use it with a Mac Pro 5.1 2010 model. I am wondering is there any...

steveyraff
replies: 0 views: 27
steveyraff 5 hours ago

No reviews by actual people. Only the manufacturer and by Sponsored reviews. I would like to hear this thing. Warm send me...

illynoise
replies: 4 views: 380
[email protected] 6 hours ago

Just wondering if anyone here has installed the kenetek T4B module without doing a recalibration in their KT-2A or any 2A/3A type...

John N
replies: 0 views: 28
John N 6 hours ago

Where do you do your HPFing? On the mic itself, assuming it has one, on the preamp/channel strip, or leave it untouched, and do...

gravyface
replies: 30 views: 746
gravyface 6 hours ago

recently worked on few songs for Ukrainian / Russian experimental choir / singers ensemble. Just 6 guys recording about 10 takes...

renesas
replies: 3 views: 409
renesas 7 hours ago

how do mic manufactures extract the frequency curve of their mics? is there a way i can do this myself? thanks.

imaginaryday
replies: 15 views: 25,886
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

Getting pretty happy with my bass chain, but I don't see a lot of discussions about tracking bass (rock/alternative in...

Quadrabetes
replies: 14 views: 608
deedeeyeah 9 hours ago

Hi Folks, can anyone advise on a commercial studio located pretty much anywhere in Norway suitable for drum tracking that has a...

AwTAC
replies: 0 views: 56
AwTAC 10 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,427 views: 88,194
ardis 10 hours ago

Hi- Im listening to some converters by looping them(DA directly to AD). I had a Orion32 and it degraded my sound. Now i am...

Rea
replies: 90 views: 9,217
Lileddmusic 12 hours ago

I've been gifted this Sony Reel to Reel recorder, 1971 vintage! Underneath the grime, looks like it will be in time-warp...

enc
replies: 12 views: 258
avare 13 hours ago

I have an adhoc collection of cases and boxes and I'd like something more organized. I generally don't like putting the mics...

gravyface
replies: 6 views: 159
kennybro 14 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 6,220 views: 701,595
NoDotWon 16 hours ago

Hi Guys, Are there any recommendations for a good boom stand and a stereo bar for XY or ORTF? Home studio using a pair of SM 81s...

Yetti
replies: 26 views: 449
Yetti 17 hours ago

John Leimseider was an amazing equipment technician, working first at Music tech in Los Angeles and then Cantos and NMC museums...

BrianK
replies: 0 views: 60
BrianK 19 hours ago

In 3D!!! As were Sean, Ells and Ed who met me at KMR to hand over the unit in person, I was the first person that ordered!!...

Quetz
replies: 80 views: 15,432
CosmicSurfin 20 hours ago

Hello! I have an OTARI RADAR II system, during bootup I get the following error message: "Missing operating...

MRCLIZE
replies: 21 views: 1,453
laurentciron 20 hours ago

I own a pair of HD600s (300ohms) and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s (80ohms). From what I've understood, a pair of 300ohm...

armenalexander
replies: 2 views: 111
peterbaide 21 hours ago

Ive had both mics and have repeatedly used and favored the 57 over the 414 for recording tenor and alto sax. Im puzzled as to...

jdgoldberg
replies: 42 views: 742
Progger 21 hours ago

I see this topic was covered years back but would appreciate a current take on where to purchase these connectors. Thanks in...

Armando
replies: 1 views: 82
BT64 1 day ago

When attempting to record tracks from a Kemper spdif OUT. Does it matter if the audio interface digital IN is a low end ZOOM or...

4johnny
replies: 2 views: 116
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hi! I have a problem with my Alesis Microverb II (Micro not Midi) It has wet signal dropouts and change programs by itself (is...

MFSAKA
replies: 8 views: 189
GLouie 1 day ago

Lately, I've been getting more experimental with my vocal mic techniques for some rock records, and I wanted to know what some of...

iFi audio
replies: 38 views: 1,070
s wave 1 day ago

Ok... I want to know what you guys hear in this shootout. Which tone do you prefer? There is a great difference in price...

skinny del negro
replies: 5 views: 206
Progger 1 day ago

I’m after hardware recommendations for piano. Rock / Pop piano. Setting aside the 1176 / LA2A combo, if you were recording...

GRiFF
replies: 43 views: 1,233
GRiFF 1 day ago

Looking for a 12u face-up rack. Looking around, they only seem to go up to 10u. Anyone have something they'd recommend? Sterling...

hendmik
replies: 4 views: 239
din 1 day ago

I’m in the midst of some studio upgrades and getting around to addressing my monitoring situation. My current monitors are a...

nightchef
replies: 34 views: 785
nightchef 1 day ago

About time we had this discussion here...

mdme_sadie
replies: 557 views: 14,301
AfterViewer 1 day ago

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 797 views: 43,761
keenly 1 day ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 483 views: 11,621
BernieW 1 day ago

hi has anyone ever experienced any poping and clicking using a motu 424 card? im tracking 14 tracks at once through a 24i/0...

sheltersoton
replies: 11 views: 2,771
thirdbody 1 day ago

Nowdays everybody pushes Genelec speakers in the low / mid tier. But really I never saw any of the largest Mixing engineers using...

remedym
replies: 9 views: 406
slainbabyyc 1 day ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,603 views: 203,209
slainbabyyc 1 day ago

So I bought some Evans Hydraulic heads and slapped then on the other day; took bottom heads off. Wow, what a quirky sound. ...

gravyface
replies: 7 views: 234
Todd M 1 day ago

Moderators