Quantcast
So Much Gear, So Little Time - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am a keyboard/synth player and looking to get a guitar but I am having an analysis paralysis (overwhelmed because there are too...

starplot
replies: 2 views: 41
mcgilroy 10 minutes ago

Here's an interesting short documentary, called "The Psychology of Analogue" ...and if you pick up this month's Tape Op...

miroslav
replies: 242 views: 3,186
deedeeyeah 20 minutes ago

I'm not someone who grew up making music nor do I come from a musical family, but I admit that I'm grateful that making music in...

boombapdame
replies: 2,163 views: 36,951
newguy1 35 minutes ago

After years spent on the digital side of the world, I came back to the analog. No, no, wait! I don't want to fall in the...

loziodavid
replies: 3 views: 76
Whoopysnorp 56 minutes ago

OK, let me preface this with saying I have issues with low self-esteem... I hate recording sometimes, because it seems like I...

CivoLee
replies: 221 views: 3,954
brockorama 57 minutes ago

Hey everyone! I have two DBX 286s Preamps that I use on voice overs and Foley and sometimes in vocals and acoustic instruments....

Louzin
replies: 17 views: 11,104
erikthered 1 hour ago

Hi everyone, friends need your help in choosing a microphone and a preamp for it. The first choice is this: Neumann TLM 49...

VVanian
replies: 1 views: 52
Progger 1 hour ago

Got one of these recently and while I am blown away by the harmonic richness and thick tone, I almost feel it is a bit too much....

hebjam
replies: 22 views: 5,399
carolcappetta 1 hour ago

Hi all, I've seen quite a shift recently with most of my clients mentioning listening on various forms of wireless speakers...

recall
replies: 0 views: 40
recall 1 hour ago

Curious how some of you go about organizing your tracks. I’m planning in my current project to record and retain the DI signal...

Tahoebrian5
replies: 51 views: 1,500
joeq 2 hours ago

Hello, Can anyone give any ideas on how to get this sound about 5 mins in on the Fuzz Guitar? I believe its likely a fuzzrite or...

skiroy
replies: 12 views: 235
iomegaman 2 hours ago

I tried using retro synth in Logic but it was missing some functions. I was using Massive as well but tbh I'd really like to get...

MakeMusicPls
replies: 4 views: 118
Obi2kenobi 2 hours ago

Hello, I was wondering if this wiring on the X Desk would result in a stereo send (rather than two mono sends): Take a...

gearstudent
replies: 8 views: 133
gearstudent 3 hours ago

Hey, So I got the opportunity to compare these three mics and I thought I'd share it here! I've tried both the Gap and the Upton...

crille_mannen
replies: 3 views: 158
tkaitkai 3 hours ago
replies: 2,440 views: 213,164
crille_mannen 3 hours ago

Does anyone know what happened to coutant.org? Or who was behind it? It was one of my favorite microphone info sites.

Bozocat
replies: 44 views: 2,049
DennisAGG 4 hours ago

Became a proud owner of a pair of Dynaudio LYD 7s. Love the sound, but very irritated with the hiss (even when no cables...

EugeneKrall
replies: 29 views: 4,299
McIrish 4 hours ago

Am upgrading my 2 bus to be OTB but love the idea of digital recall. The key priority is a great gluey compressor to mix into...

Muso
replies: 4 views: 140
Muso 4 hours ago

I’m looking to freshen up the studio a little with some green friends! Anyone have any recommendations? Total noob when it...

WeAreNotOkay
replies: 39 views: 3,183
iFi audio 5 hours ago

The winner is us ;) Two very interesting and innovative products that could reshape the entire way that we record sound for many...

Squawk
replies: 75 views: 43,521
Squawk 5 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I've been currently using a D-BOX to do 8 channels of analog summing with an Aurora Lynx 8 dedicated for the...

Micah421
replies: 24 views: 12,017
JLast 5 hours ago

Hi guys. I would like to ask you for some advice. Nowadays I have an Audient ID44, and I would like to do an upgrade in terms...

samferrari
replies: 3 views: 112
Whoopysnorp 5 hours ago

a friend of mine is willing to give me a few things including his Sonic Maximizer 882. i'm unfamiliar with it... has anybody here...

junior
replies: 127 views: 87,457
deedeeyeah 5 hours ago

Hello all, I've been upgrading my gear for a small home studio lately and have gotten to the point where I'm ready to spend...

Zencatt
replies: 92 views: 2,064
Shannon Adkins 7 hours ago

Hi all anyone know where to go for this?

Drew Bypass
replies: 0 views: 70
Drew Bypass 8 hours ago

Hello, As the title suggests I have a dodgy PEX 500 EQ. It was bought for a very low price off ebay and the seller is adamant it...

Jakeprspktv
replies: 2 views: 76
MattTheFurniture 8 hours ago

I'm thinking about building a brick style 24VAC (similar to this Golden Age Project PSAC-4 (Pre Order) Power Supply for 4 Golden...

RhysC
replies: 7 views: 4,076
SmutjeHannes 9 hours ago

I want to buy a used Digidesign 192 for my Omni HD, simply for more inputs. I am running the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate...

edaub1
replies: 0 views: 63
edaub1 9 hours ago

I have taken four SDC that I have and set them up to record six different instruments. I strapped them together and got the...

McIrish
replies: 0 views: 92
McIrish 9 hours ago

Ok recently I had a thought I shall try anytime soon. What about doing mix without using any plug ins whatsoever? Did anyone ever...

ayskura
replies: 127 views: 6,993
deedeeyeah 12 hours ago

On John Mayers new album, there is a song "Wild Blue" where I really like the vocal sound. I would love to hear from...

tiv
replies: 0 views: 74
tiv 12 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a SPL Vitalizer MK2-T to put on my mix bus. Mainly I want a compressor that...

Fleks
replies: 8 views: 3,936
hool15 13 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 833 views: 82,249
chrisso 13 hours ago

Greetings, Hey all. I'm new. First post. Wondering if anyone knows anything about what tools Wilco employs to get their...

JPM
replies: 60 views: 34,008
telecasterrok 16 hours ago

I have been following "high end" for a long time. I do not think it should just be about price, but about performance!...

AB3
replies: 37 views: 6,466
trevon 17 hours ago

I need to replace the fluorescent lights in my room/studio that I'm building at present. Fluorescent lights make 'noise' when...

kakao
replies: 11 views: 608
lame pseudonym 17 hours ago

I have a bedroom studio with one of those acoustic blanket forts to record in my spare time. I sold my AT2020 and I've been...

starvingmusician
replies: 1 views: 130
Progger 17 hours ago
replies: - views: -
MoltenVoltage 19 hours ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,188 views: 85,164
Johnny Mack 19 hours ago

Hello all. I want to add inputs, currently using a first edition RME Fireface UFX (sounds phenomenal), with an old analog Mackie...

brianjmartin
replies: 12 views: 344
brianjmartin 19 hours ago

I've been considering another vocal mic for the studio, and one of my options is a wunder cm67. I can't find much info on this...

cchord59
replies: 36 views: 8,037
beaustep 21 hours ago

I bought Sgt Pepper on June 1 1967. It was recorded the way I personally recorded in those days as an engineer. Three...

thenoodle
replies: 370 views: 27,572
Glenn Bucci 23 hours ago

I’m about to purchase a pair of AML ez1073’s, API 8B rack and an LA2a type compressor. I don’t want to spend much on a comp...

musicminister187
replies: 3 views: 213
musicminister187 1 day ago

Hi, my wa76 , when compressing it sounds a bit like with too much harmonic distortion... do anybody have the calibration...

jtvrdy
replies: 0 views: 93
jtvrdy 1 day ago

hi, I would like to buy a new microphone and know which kind of micro would you advise me for such using and criteria : -...

cedico
replies: 84 views: 3,239
bowzin 1 day ago

Okay folks, judgement free zone here! What songs are you using for mix references and why do you use them? Do you change them...

McWreckinBall
replies: 6 views: 220
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

What process has delivered the most revealing results for you? Feeding a padded line level signal of known recording? trying...

k brown
replies: 63 views: 1,254
bowzin 1 day ago

Hi I was mixing a song the other day, and I was using a Drawmer dl241 on kick. The release time was acting funky. With the...

rambelam
replies: 2 views: 112
rambelam 1 day ago

A/D

Howdy folks! I'm an acoustic guitar flatpicker, and I've been setting up a recording rig for the last several years. Every piece...

afinazzo
replies: 10 views: 259
bowzin 1 day ago

There‘s the famous example of the RHCP album done with all 57s. Motown, after a certain point in time, was all KM86s I have...

andychamp
replies: 5 views: 217
bambony 1 day ago

Moderators