The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 2,016
Jules 1 week ago

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 25,610
Jules 14th March 2022

Lets see if this topic is as contentious as tape vs digital. My own view is that vinyl has always sucked. Any vinyl album quickly...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,398 views: 44,460
Gruner 1 minute ago

Just saw this online and am pretty excited about the prospect of owning this mic! https://youtu.be/F8wHgv63KOo Anyone have...

hasntbeen
replies: 432 views: 74,923
ThePremiere 3 minutes ago

I don’t know if this is accurate or not but I’ve often read to not mix with headphones. How about mixing for headphones. Any...

ob1
replies: 4 views: 117
bill5 4 minutes ago

Hi, I'm looking for an expander with a sidechain input that isn't too expensive. I want to do some parallel distortion with a...

mrand
replies: 1 views: 52
deedeeyeah 20 minutes ago

Anybody have opinions about these microphones and how they compare to each other?

drpeacock
replies: 3 views: 185
drpeacock 46 minutes ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,177 views: 74,562
Dohreetoh 53 minutes ago

How would it compare to a Golden Age? Good mics?

Jeffro09
replies: 0 views: 18
Jeffro09 58 minutes ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 66 views: 1,754
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

Hello... In leu of purchasing new studio monitors I was thinking about purchasing some new headphones for mixing and mastering. ...

radiant
replies: 3 views: 97
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,391 views: 181,185
chessparov2.0 2 hours ago

I did some shootouts of my HW compressors vs plugin compressors on acoustic guitar. In my results so far, even the cheapest HW...

SparklingSound
replies: 380 views: 20,242
thethrillfactor 2 hours ago

I wasn't sure where to post this as I wanted advice from anyone who has this mic/used it for some time. I'm considering...

Genesis1
replies: 140 views: 9,464
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Just purchased 2 new dbx 160a's the manual mentioned a transformer upgrade, but which ones and where do I buy these, I live in...

Analogue Mastering
replies: 54 views: 12,521
esa372 4 hours ago

I’m in the market for a couple of affordable SDCs for tracking acoustic guitar and some occasional percussion in a modest...

muffegutt
replies: 60 views: 3,554
muffegutt 4 hours ago

I'm planning to get my front-end sorted out for vocals. As i am a vocalist myself, tracking completely dry is extremely...

shanetsh
replies: 72 views: 12,900
Mr Funk 5 hours ago

Hello guys, :) My set up right now is manley ref c into mss 10 into uad appolo and all my inserts are taken by massenburgs EQS...

Sybille
replies: 64 views: 10,345
Mr Funk 5 hours ago

Hi, I'd like to buy a relatively expensive hardware item and was wondering if there are any risks when paying through PayPal? I...

ibiking
replies: 10 views: 307
mbvoxx 6 hours ago

I currently have an M88TG which I’ve been enjoying for vocals. I’ve heard the older ones have less sibilance/plosive issues...

saltyj
replies: 20 views: 664
chessparov2.0 6 hours ago

In my inexperienced humble opinion a quiet studio is a happy studio. Or at least a happy engineer. Any tips on creating a quiet...

ob1
replies: 28 views: 832
chessparov2.0 6 hours ago

I have a couple of slots going spare in my 500 rack, and a pair of 542s is looking likely to be dropping in. As well as the...

Chevron
replies: 12 views: 979
jerboaguitars 7 hours ago

Hello everyone. I’m stuck in a decision and wanted to hear thoughts from others on what you would decide and why you go one way...

Chadr
replies: 24 views: 511
Bstapper 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm searching for some pop or rock live shows that were mixed at the highest possible level (I know how it sounds :lol: ). It...

oh_barek
replies: 95 views: 2,515
Paistemage 7 hours ago

I'm looking to buy a Zoom FS01 footswitch to use with my Zoom L-12 digital mixer, so I can mute/unmute the effects on the vocal...

nksoloproject
replies: 0 views: 70
nksoloproject 8 hours ago

This might not be possible, but I had the idea to plug a spare stereo i/o into the Fusion inserts for myriad plug in usage. When...

wafa
replies: 2 views: 91
wafa 8 hours ago

It was sad to see the previous thread on the subject turn into a series of obnoxious and ignorant off-topic posts bashing an...

FreshSkweez
replies: 29 views: 4,626
Pyeguy 9 hours ago

I'm setting up some legacy gear I had so that I can woodshed my keyboards to mp3's and maybe eventually record some tracks with...

mslim
replies: 2 views: 141
cathode 9 hours ago

Short and sweet: These are very accurate monitors. They translate incredibly well. I have been using them for about 90 days for...

buckaroo
replies: 328 views: 154,332
daslicht 10 hours ago

Curious if anyone else who mixes with compression/limiting on the master bus has done this only for the mastering engineer. How...

Aural Endeavors
replies: 15 views: 536
tymish 10 hours ago

I want to mod the Boss GE-7 center frequencies and this is not a problem (just change the capacitors or resistors values). But I...

Mark77
replies: 3 views: 150
2ToneStrat 10 hours ago

I would like to buy a 1073 style mic preamp. My two contestants are the Heritage Audio HA-73 X2 Elite and BAE Audio 1073MP Dual....

prophet
replies: 42 views: 5,334
prophet 11 hours ago

Hi there. First of all, I need to say, I really had no idea about where to post this thread, so, maybe it gets moved to a more...

Jmunguia
replies: 6 views: 784
Nightowl43 12 hours ago

hello everyone. I recently bought a Fruman HDR-6 with five HR-6. I connected the system with cat 5 cables as it is required and...

Vileda
replies: 2 views: 178
Vileda 16 hours ago

Hi I'd like to try recording an electric gtr or bass into my DAW, Logic I use the Scarlett 18i20 2nd Generation. My question...

joecc
replies: 3 views: 209
BernieW 16 hours ago

And if there isn't a Gearspace-approved standard then let's create one. Fed up with being plagued by self-doubt every time I...

James Lehmann
replies: 12 views: 301
James Lehmann 16 hours ago

So as most of you know, I've been doing a bunch of experimenting in regards to recording bass cabs. I marked my cab, set...

H13
replies: 0 views: 124
H13 20 hours ago

I bought a Telefunken TF51 (multipattern tube mic) off Reverb recently, and have had some problems specifically at my home...

acsmith
replies: 1 views: 412
ddyaoshang 23 hours ago

Hi, I have been so very disappointed with the Bees Neez customer service! Every mic i have purchased (there are 6) has had to be...

username300
replies: 2 views: 328
mics 23 hours ago

I picked up the Radial BT-PRO V2 to add Bluetooth connectivity to my studio. It works great with my phone, so I decided to try...

SonicMethod
replies: 0 views: 99
SonicMethod 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have an RME 9632 PCI card which is really old, but it is still working good. Problem is, it doesn't have a...

implant
replies: 13 views: 707
melodic dreamer 1 day ago

Hi all, I recently bought a pair of "APS Klasik 2020" monitors which are very interesting, but with all the...

Zambeste
replies: 1 views: 628
Golitan11 1 day ago

Hey everybody .. so im new here from Denmark currently on Eve Audio sc208 that I love... powered by apogee element 24 but i...

Bachuus
replies: 0 views: 105
Bachuus 1 day ago

I am looking into the ssl bus+. There are so many flexible options with this unit but my question is— Is it possible to...

Myhomestudio
replies: 14 views: 401
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

I've been praying for the funds to get a pair of Barefoot MicroMain 35s (LOL). I'm sure most of you know how painful that price...

Keyplayer
replies: 67 views: 19,049
andersmv 1 day ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,877 views: 165,196
AudioScape 1 day ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,986 views: 418,109
rob S 1 day ago

Two British acts who sound I like a lot- Rae and Christian and Roni Size- both use this EQ. They both also use the 1960...

Renie
replies: 5 views: 7,331
ToddP 1 day ago

I'm just curious to see people post the studios they think have the best vibe aesthetically. I'm into interior design, decor,...

Chad Sterling
replies: 4 views: 401
tymish 1 day ago

I am wondering does anyone using this on a masterbus for a tape like effect?

HOTC
replies: 8 views: 715
Krush411 1 day ago

Whats up guys! Haven't seen anyone compare these two other than what's advertised. I've got the original and I'm wondering if it...

Drumnbass411
replies: 14 views: 4,093
hennyblanco305 1 day ago

Hello, I just ordered some FX pedals (Specular Tempus & Zen Delay), and decided to order a patchbay at the same time to make...

denist
replies: 10 views: 329
brotastic 1 day ago

Moderators