The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 8,428
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 31,580
Jules 14th March 2022

We've read all the books, the posts, and watched the videos. There's certain things you should always do and certain things you...

Rob_Feature
replies: 35 views: 525
thenoodle 14 minutes ago

Lets see if this topic is as contentious as tape vs digital. My own view is that vinyl has always sucked. Any vinyl album quickly...

Rob Coates
replies: 2,658 views: 79,737
thenoodle 32 minutes ago

I've been recording with an SM7B in an untreated room for a while, but since I've just finished treating my room, I'd like to...

illold3chordme
replies: 7 views: 242
Daledlf 52 minutes ago

Hi all, I have a pair of the KRK S4 V8 monitors already, and while they go down pretty low, I’m wanting to add some subs to...

SDB_12
replies: 4 views: 167
Drumsound 57 minutes ago

I hope this isn't the wrong place. I've lurked here for years, registered tonight. Just hooked up my la-610 II after a year of...

Deleted cc546d2
replies: 17 views: 3,812
hello people 1 hour ago

I can't find much info on this: https://reverb.com/item/3212395-alctron-cp540-mono-compressor-stereo-linkable-buss However,...

bgood
replies: 245 views: 46,396
toledo3 1 hour ago

Thanks to the poster who pointed me to the tight place to post this type of very general and possible open ended question....

EQss
replies: 1 views: 62
mbrown762 2 hours ago

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 1,710 views: 58,742
ElmoHope 2 hours ago

I know this same question gets asked from time to time, and I've read those threads, but as someone looking to get into hardware,...

DAKAudio
replies: 136 views: 4,537
Bushman 3 hours ago

Keith Richards: So much technology has flooded in in the last seven or eight years—not that it ever stopped, but it’s...

Rob Coates
replies: 178 views: 6,362
kennybro 3 hours ago

Hello, I've always had a very hard time recording pianos. I am currently trying to close mic a grand and it seems no matter...

Tomas1808
replies: 17 views: 271
drockfresh 4 hours ago

As a producer/musician of alternative rock from the 90's era, I've been seeking to learn recently more about the differences...

Rob_Feature
replies: 744 views: 19,559
ElmoHope 4 hours ago

Sonically speaking, which album do you feel had the fattest and warmest sound to it?

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 42 views: 981
PdotDdot 4 hours ago

Hello! From about 2010 - 2020 I recorded almost everything on my Tascam 388. I loved the dark punchiness of the recordings I...

bencollins2
replies: 4 views: 148
ScottA2A 4 hours ago

Hi all, any help appreciated. I managed to get hold of an Echomixer, wanted one for ages. But.. it's unmodified so I have no idea...

sinewavves
replies: 0 views: 57
sinewavves 7 hours ago

Hello Guys, Currently im recording through my neumann tlm 102 —> apollo Twin ( unison neve 1073 -> autotune -> cl1b...

Hawkster
replies: 4 views: 147
E.rOk.stA 7 hours ago

Generally interested in discussion. Nothing like real drums but e-drums have many advantages, to include the ability to sound...

bill5
replies: 131 views: 6,708
norfolk martin 7 hours ago

I am considering snagging a couple of new mics for acoustic guitar sessions. Does anyone have and experience with the Mesanovic...

feste
replies: 0 views: 44
feste 7 hours ago

Heard lots about this mic...highly regarded..., tight polar pattern, condenser-like almost as far as dynamics go. I've been using...

hello people
replies: 43 views: 2,223
hello people 8 hours ago

Back with a new start, a fresh oldschool 80s style track. Made using the Korg KR55 drummachine (1979) disco patterns, also...

Harlem
replies: 1 views: 187
coyote14 8 hours ago

Hi everyone, just a question for anyone who may have purchased the Avantone CV12 BLA mic. I bought this mic a month ago and...

Elisefm
replies: 1 views: 97
PhilDW 8 hours ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,484 views: 190,338
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

I’m putting together a single channel 500 series lunchbox for the primary purpose of tracking vocals (and occasionally electric...

kzissou
replies: 9 views: 599
Averagebear6 9 hours ago

This is a $999 Bottle Rocket Stage One, with the included S3 Shock Mount. Blue is known for their quality, so I am a bit...

JohnnyA
replies: 44 views: 10,373
MurphysLawyer 9 hours ago
replies: 3,018 views: 276,226
QueenSisi 9 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 3,017 views: 423,537
Seamus TM 10 hours ago

Hello, When your way-too-small, crap, "former guest bed"/"now control room" has already lost a big...

camacozie
replies: 2 views: 112
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

How long do you engineers keep projects of clients? I'm generally voodoo about this. I'm a pack rat and keep everything. Even...

henryrobinett
replies: 60 views: 2,933
Zoot 12 hours ago

Hi there, I'm new to this forum thing but I unburied this Lexicon Music Computer model M100027 made in QC, Canada in 1979. It...

ItsMeZoeDee
replies: 11 views: 1,516
Robert AM 13 hours ago

As a crazed collector of vintage mics, I have to say that for functionality and use-ablilty, I am a lover of Electro-Voice. ...

The Padded Room
replies: 165 views: 17,712
chessparov2.0 13 hours ago

I have just aquired a 26 channel Auditronics 501 (Son Of 36). I am keen to restore and perhapes mod to improve sound . Does...

jvancorduroy
replies: 115 views: 23,727
spice house 14 hours ago

Hey all! So, I'm guessing I might be in the minority here amongst millennial artists/producers, but I'm big on capturing a...

Kroc
replies: 73 views: 3,686
archdake 14 hours ago

Greetings sweaty slutz! I have been researching several days now, and I am finding it difficult to make a choice, unfortunately...

BigBigness
replies: 16 views: 4,361
YonnyMestampo 15 hours ago

So I've seen many posts on here about the debate between going the 'silent stage' route where everyone in a band goes direct into...

nksoloproject
replies: 32 views: 1,096
hughshouse 16 hours ago

I want to record Synths Sample Libs for myself and I have a great A/D convert, but I never much cared for other aspects of the...

dbot
replies: 0 views: 65
dbot 17 hours ago

I'm trying to configure some drum machine samples on a TX-16W (actually the free Cyclone plugin, although I also have a real...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 0 views: 52
rhythmcomposer 17 hours ago

Peace & GM. I need some troubleshooting help good people. My Rosetta 800 isn't power on. When the AC cord is connected the...

TrakLiteTheMoor
replies: 14 views: 565
mp3 18 hours ago

I'm a Hi Fi guy primarily, and when I play music it's on a :cowbell:cowbell:cowbell: in the streets of New Orleans. So I...

pete1729
replies: 11 views: 1,802
Rowboat 18 hours ago

Hello, I searched all over Gearslutz for comparisons of API's 512V and new 312 preamps. Unfortunately there isn't much...

trmckenz
replies: 18 views: 2,868
cheu78 19 hours ago

Hi, does any one have any information on the new compressor from little labs? no one has posted any thing about it or uploaded...

Edgar Lu
replies: 79 views: 14,178
James Lehmann 20 hours ago

Read post 3. When I reamp I have a classic hum (low freq, static). Lifting ground on reamp box does nothing but increase the...

Mark77
replies: 2 views: 152
Mark77 21 hours ago

Hi, I currently own the following mics :- Vanguard V13 Shure KSM32 JZ Mics V11 Audio Technica AT4040 Miktek...

dickiefunk
replies: 19 views: 372
thismercifulfate 21 hours ago

I am looking a a very small handful of mic preamps to go with my u67. I always use my apogee symphony mkII preamps which work...

carolcappetta
replies: 13 views: 414
Drumsound 22 hours ago

I've been trying to get in touch with the folks at Aurora Audio on and off for months, regarding some technical issue with a...

cetanorak
replies: 95 views: 14,234
jslstrat 1 day ago

I don't know about anyone else, but this just seems too good to be true. The ability to be able to mix and match your modules...

GospelMusicians
replies: 367 views: 50,268
chinesewhiteman 1 day ago

Greetings! first off..what the heck is it really called.. I have been referring to it as an "insulator ring" for...

RightOnRome
replies: 3 views: 165
avare 1 day ago

Anyone here using this combo? I’m wondering how the SSL 2 drives the HD650s? Based on the SSL website the amp should power any...

JyTy
replies: 12 views: 3,801
WulfrigDJ 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
hermes369 1 day ago

Story: I had to move to a less-than-ideal location for a short while. I followed the advice of some and tested the location with...

Patrick Norton
replies: 4 views: 4,587
NJ Soul 1 day ago

I am curious how other mixers out there share their mixes/receive recall notes with their clients. I typically share a Dropbox...

DrDoctor
replies: 43 views: 4,944
RJHollins 1 day ago

Moderators