The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 10,917
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 32,454
Jules 14th March 2022

I have experience with a "budget" condenser KSM44 and it was my workhorse mic for vocals, etc. during my early twenties...

soundmurmur
replies: 97 views: 2,112
Sharp11 1 minute ago

replace "photographer" and "photography" in this video by "audio engineer" / "audio...

SonicAxiom
replies: 1,102 views: 18,810
newguy1 1 minute ago

First off, I've played to clicks since I was in mid-20's, which was a really long time ago. I have good time, and I can sit...

Brent Hahn
replies: 162 views: 3,721
Gruner 22 minutes ago

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 628 views: 37,152
keenly 44 minutes ago

Guys...been seeing this one a LOT lately so buyer beware. Format is typically like this: 1. Highly desirable item in great...

tradarama
replies: 0 views: 20
tradarama 46 minutes ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,321 views: 82,359
kludgeaudio 59 minutes ago

I’ve never been a drum loops/samples guy, largely because I’m a drummer and it’s just easier for me to put my ideas down by...

Turdadactyl
replies: 7 views: 195
nitrateaudio 1 hour ago

OK let me start by saying So Far... I do prefer the early "Terry Kath" era. But am willing to learn more about the...

chessparov2.0
replies: 70 views: 1,094
nitrateaudio 1 hour ago

I have a 60s Rhodes keyboard bass. I have looked everywhere for the manufacture date, in different places on the advice of...

George Michael
replies: 0 views: 22
George Michael 1 hour ago

I’ve been using the Neumanns for about three years now. Untreated rooms. For me they’ve always sounded a little dark,...

Impurifier
replies: 11 views: 490
Walldough 1 hour ago

Have to say this is super disappointing as someone that has sworn by SW for a long time now. Hopefully it doesn't become another...

icouldbeyu
replies: 465 views: 36,190
kennybro 1 hour ago

I am looking to buy a pair of 8" monitors, in the 500-600 Euro range. I was ready to get the Presonus Eris 8 XT, but I got...

MaxDM
replies: 0 views: 19
MaxDM 2 hours ago

I´ve Been using a Mytek 8X192 since 2006. Since 1214 I´ve using a Mytek Firewire DIO card with firewire400>firewire800...

Søren Bendixen
replies: 14 views: 309
BrownOnBrown 2 hours ago

I am getting back into using my CS2 console now that it is operational (with the exception of the computer for the ES108...

waldie wave
replies: 0 views: 27
waldie wave 3 hours ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 163 views: 3,495
BernieW 3 hours ago

Hey guys what type/size solder wire do you recommend? Also give me your top 3 tips for ‘kit’ first timer

christube
replies: 0 views: 30
christube 5 hours ago

I recently was able to acquire a O-12 input transformer, and decided to try it out in my Hairball 1176 rev D. I typically use...

craigmorris74
replies: 1 views: 93
rjb5191 5 hours ago

(I’m a singer/songwriter, well treated home studio, and have a decent high gain preamp) Tube condenser (smooth high...

auxReturn
replies: 66 views: 1,013
frans 6 hours ago

Wondering if this would be a good front of kick mic.

analoggg
replies: 0 views: 20
analoggg 8 hours ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,538 views: 195,350
chessparov2.0 9 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 3,080 views: 429,016
chinesewhiteman 11 hours ago

I bought a non working PL6 microphone. I was hoping it was just a connection issue, but i opened it up and there was no...

analoggg
replies: 0 views: 34
analoggg 12 hours ago

Enough already of all the "what's your favourite..." threads, how about the opposite? Which piece of gear just fills...

BernieW
replies: 384 views: 12,017
Jeroko 12 hours ago

I have the Telefunken TF51 and TF47 here on demo for baritone male VO work and both are pretty good indeed, def usable - quiet,...

Sanchez
replies: 0 views: 43
Sanchez 13 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,720 views: 1,345,611
pw2005 13 hours ago

After I decided to move away from music as a career and took a 9-5, I moved from a 3 bedroom home to a 1 bedroom condo. My...

3rd Degree
replies: 11 views: 2,839
researchtriangle 13 hours ago

Hi all! So I recently acquired a Soundcraft 6000 console for free. It's the 24 in, 24 bus and bantam patchbay config of the...

marcreeves
replies: 2 views: 147
Brian M. Boykin 14 hours ago

Obviously a 500 series may save money and space but when is it appropriate to choose a rack or desk piece for it's (sometimes)...

kindredlost
replies: 3 views: 168
Gruner 14 hours ago

Hi Gear People, Are the Audient ASP800's ADAT port and DB25 analog connector simultaneously active / mirrored / emitting...

dapeake
replies: 5 views: 102
MediaGary 15 hours ago

Hi, I’m looking to buy a set of IEM’s for monitoring mainly keys, bass, vocals and sometimes drums. At the moment I’m...

dickiefunk
replies: 0 views: 28
dickiefunk 15 hours ago

Hello, Here we go again with another interface post... I need some advice on what I should do in my current situation. I...

makebelief
replies: 2 views: 140
mcgilroy 16 hours ago

I guess this thought is inspired by the "Modern" vs "Out of Date" Production thread and I am now wondering,...

telecode
replies: 8 views: 215
JLast 17 hours ago

Got two FMR RNC 500, wonderful, great sounding! How do I stereo link them? I see the switch on the front panel but should I...

gianfini
replies: 3 views: 944
jdier 17 hours ago

The 'Hot Rod' Eureka is a special edition of the Presonus Eureka customized with a high-zoot chipset and tranny - OpAmps Linear...

studioguy
replies: 125 views: 45,167
m1m_momt 19 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm looking for infos about this eq. Anyone using this AML Meq-5? Any review on the net? Thank you for your...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 14 views: 2,620
rob61 19 hours ago

Hi everyone 👋🏻Just wanted to share my experience with Peluso microphones and see if anyone else had similar experience. Or...

qspart
replies: 9 views: 199
toledo3 19 hours ago

In 3D!!! As were Sean, Ells and Ed who met me at KMR to hand over the unit in person, I was the first person that ordered!!...

Quetz
replies: 79 views: 14,607
papadelicate 19 hours ago

Hey guys, So I've had this problem for a few years: High gain guitar and dynamic mics pick up a "directional" buzz;...

baileyrecording
replies: 31 views: 3,304
_starbelly 20 hours ago

A lot of musicians wrap cables around their arm when coiling them up, which logically seems like a good way to do it. However...

nksoloproject
replies: 12 views: 303
gravyface 20 hours ago

Source is Kajagoogoo's "Hang on Now (Extended Mix)" at 16/44.1 from a Lynx Hilo. I printed on center tracks for the...

burns46824
replies: 17 views: 1,360
burns46824 20 hours ago

Just purchased 2 new dbx 160a's the manual mentioned a transformer upgrade, but which ones and where do I buy these, I live in...

Analogue Mastering
replies: 79 views: 13,603
Karloff70 20 hours ago

The underlying file is an unmastered version of Going All In by Kurt Nilsen. I have run it through hardware, a API 212L preamp...

ppaulsen
replies: 7 views: 3,305
highvoltage 20 hours ago

Hi. I have the 2022 Ludwig "Black Cat" custom. It's a dry, warm, punchy, vintage-sounding kit in legacy mahogany, wood...

soundmurmur
replies: 28 views: 416
Bushman 21 hours ago

I've started a thread about the possibility of hearing absolute phase over at the diy audio forum that became quite an...

Rumi
replies: 7 views: 231
Storm Mastering 22 hours ago

Hi a few months ago I updated my audio interface to RME UFX II to upgrade my performance and the latency problem that I had, and...

Amirmi
replies: 2 views: 337
Mohamedmaghraby 22 hours ago

Hi GS'ers Anyone using a Argosy Halo Plus or Ultimate? Are you using the Iso Acoustic monitor stand or do you prefer to...

blayz2002
replies: 0 views: 23
blayz2002 22 hours ago

I've called, emailed, and knocked on their door (granted, 10 minutes before listed closing time on their website), no answer....

Russell Anderson
replies: 7 views: 456
toledo3 1 day ago

So I recently acquired a WA-87R2 Mic and wanted to get the best sound I could for my budget and the Scarlett 2i2 is nice but I...

James283126
replies: 9 views: 352
weave 1 day ago

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 4,449 views: 113,318
Analogue Mastering 1 day ago

As a crazed collector of vintage mics, I have to say that for functionality and use-ablilty, I am a lover of Electro-Voice. ...

The Padded Room
replies: 204 views: 19,504
BernieW 1 day ago

Moderators