The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 1,917
Jules 1 week ago

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 25,533
Jules 14th March 2022

I currently have an M88TG which I’ve been enjoying for vocals. I’ve heard the older ones have less sibilance/plosive issues...

saltyj
replies: 9 views: 498
BernieW 45 minutes ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,174 views: 74,424
BernieW 51 minutes ago

hello everyone. I recently bought a Fruman HDR-6 with five HR-6. I connected the system with cat 5 cables as it is required and...

Vileda
replies: 2 views: 158
Vileda 58 minutes ago

Hi I'd like to try recording an electric gtr or bass into my DAW, Logic I use the Scarlett 18i20 2nd Generation. My question...

joecc
replies: 3 views: 176
BernieW 1 hour ago

And if there isn't a Gearspace-approved standard then let's create one. Fed up with being plagued by self-doubt every time I...

James Lehmann
replies: 12 views: 256
James Lehmann 1 hour ago

Hi, I'm searching for some pop or rock live shows that were mixed at the highest possible level (I know how it sounds :lol: ). It...

oh_barek
replies: 94 views: 2,402
mutetourettes 1 hour ago

Hi, I'd like to buy a relatively expensive hardware item and was wondering if there are any risks when paying through PayPal? I...

ibiking
replies: 8 views: 221
BernieW 1 hour ago

In my inexperienced humble opinion a quiet studio is a happy studio. Or at least a happy engineer. Any tips on creating a quiet...

ob1
replies: 24 views: 682
ob1 1 hour ago

Lets see if this topic is as contentious as tape vs digital. My own view is that vinyl has always sucked. Any vinyl album quickly...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,381 views: 44,055
GrapeCrush 2 hours ago

So as most of you know, I've been doing a bunch of experimenting in regards to recording bass cabs. I marked my cab, set...

H13
replies: 0 views: 90
H13 5 hours ago

I have a couple of slots going spare in my 500 rack, and a pair of 542s is looking likely to be dropping in. As well as the...

Chevron
replies: 8 views: 849
Paul_G 8 hours ago

I bought a Telefunken TF51 (multipattern tube mic) off Reverb recently, and have had some problems specifically at my home...

acsmith
replies: 1 views: 404
ddyaoshang 8 hours ago

Hi, I have been so very disappointed with the Bees Neez customer service! Every mic i have purchased (there are 6) has had to be...

username300
replies: 2 views: 291
mics 8 hours ago

I picked up the Radial BT-PRO V2 to add Bluetooth connectivity to my studio. It works great with my phone, so I decided to try...

SonicMethod
replies: 0 views: 86
SonicMethod 9 hours ago

Hey guys, I have an RME 9632 PCI card which is really old, but it is still working good. Problem is, it doesn't have a...

implant
replies: 13 views: 681
melodic dreamer 9 hours ago

Curious if anyone else who mixes with compression/limiting on the master bus has done this only for the mastering engineer. How...

Aural Endeavors
replies: 14 views: 469
psycho_monkey 10 hours ago

I'm setting up some legacy gear I had so that I can woodshed my keyboards to mp3's and maybe eventually record some tracks with...

mslim
replies: 0 views: 78
mslim 10 hours ago

Hi all, I recently bought a pair of "APS Klasik 2020" monitors which are very interesting, but with all the...

Zambeste
replies: 1 views: 618
Golitan11 11 hours ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 43 views: 1,483
Paul_G 11 hours ago

Hey everybody .. so im new here from Denmark currently on Eve Audio sc208 that I love... powered by apogee element 24 but i...

Bachuus
replies: 0 views: 88
Bachuus 11 hours ago

I am looking into the ssl bus+. There are so many flexible options with this unit but my question is— Is it possible to...

Myhomestudio
replies: 14 views: 367
thethrillfactor 13 hours ago

I've been praying for the funds to get a pair of Barefoot MicroMain 35s (LOL). I'm sure most of you know how painful that price...

Keyplayer
replies: 67 views: 19,037
andersmv 13 hours ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,877 views: 165,125
AudioScape 14 hours ago

Hello everyone. I’m stuck in a decision and wanted to hear thoughts from others on what you would decide and why you go one way...

Chadr
replies: 13 views: 283
Chadr 14 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,986 views: 417,943
rob S 15 hours ago

I want to mod the Boss GE-7 center frequencies and this is not a problem (just change the capacitors or resistors values). But I...

Mark77
replies: 0 views: 88
Mark77 17 hours ago

Two British acts who sound I like a lot- Rae and Christian and Roni Size- both use this EQ. They both also use the 1960...

Renie
replies: 5 views: 7,323
ToddP 17 hours ago

I'm just curious to see people post the studios they think have the best vibe aesthetically. I'm into interior design, decor,...

Chad Sterling
replies: 4 views: 377
tymish 17 hours ago

I am wondering does anyone using this on a masterbus for a tape like effect?

HOTC
replies: 8 views: 710
Krush411 18 hours ago

Whats up guys! Haven't seen anyone compare these two other than what's advertised. I've got the original and I'm wondering if it...

Drumnbass411
replies: 14 views: 4,085
hennyblanco305 18 hours ago

Hello, I just ordered some FX pedals (Specular Tempus & Zen Delay), and decided to order a patchbay at the same time to make...

denist
replies: 10 views: 322
brotastic 19 hours ago

Hi I was mixing a song the other day, and I was using a Drawmer dl241 on kick. The release time was acting funky. With the...

rambelam
replies: 4 views: 495
rambelam 19 hours ago

Hello folks, I'm looking at the golden age comp 3a and 3a jr. Has anyone tried both of these? I was all set on the larger comp...

woodnut
replies: 4 views: 2,971
Calagan 1 day ago

Bought an MKH 415T because the price was too good to pass up, currently waiting on a small Tuchel to XLR cable to test it. It...

Dohreetoh
replies: 6 views: 252
James Lehmann 1 day ago

I went to see "the hobbit: the desolation of smaug" and the credit song "I see fire" by Ed Sheeran got me...

Sonic_Beast
replies: 5 views: 3,633
jerboaguitars 1 day ago

I wasn't sure where to post this as I wanted advice from anyone who has this mic/used it for some time. I'm considering...

Genesis1
replies: 136 views: 9,274
Genesis1 1 day ago

I am considering pulling the trigger on the new BAE 1028 and am wondering what user's think of it. I am pretty familiar with...

Salty James
replies: 15 views: 8,000
andyfreeman 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Rastis 1 day ago

Hello form people! I do basic vocal engineering for a friend of mine, and she has a very unique voice that I'm trying to find a...

notyourproducer
replies: 62 views: 973
GeneHall 1 day ago

recently worked on few songs for Ukrainian / Russian experimental choir / singers ensemble. Just 6 guys recording about 10 takes...

renesas
replies: 2 views: 227
renesas 1 day ago

Hi, how are you? I hope you're fine. I don't know if it will be the right place but here I go, sorry for the inconvenience. I...

Nastika
replies: 52 views: 1,300
Kronos147 1 day ago

Anybody have opinions about these microphones and how they compare to each other?

drpeacock
replies: 2 views: 176
drpeacock 1 day ago

I'm considering switching my Focal solo 6 Be's for the 8040 A's? Has anyone here compared the two?

Dopamine
replies: 21 views: 31,722
Al Rogers 1 day ago

Does anyone know if there is a great plugin for reversing DI Piezo pickup audio damage to a viola and violin recording? ...

nuthinupmysleeve
replies: 12 views: 595
shufflebeat 1 day ago

Anyone into video production? Really I mean of and in your studio. I’ve come to the conclusion slowly that people like to...

henryrobinett
replies: 89 views: 2,223
henryrobinett 1 day ago

So I finally narrowed my choice for a premium vocal mic to these two options. Everywhere I turn seems to state the Soyuz 017...

tonetonitony
replies: 10 views: 557
Paul_G 1 day ago

I did some shootouts of my HW compressors vs plugin compressors on acoustic guitar. In my results so far, even the cheapest HW...

SparklingSound
replies: 375 views: 20,044
J3XS 1 day ago

Everytime I look for Chandler Germanium (pre, eq, or comp) demos online, I get a zillion copies of the same 2-3, and they do a...

fromthepuggle
replies: 4 views: 765
Method Man 1 day ago

I have owned a set of the original ATHM50 for many years. I have always enjoyed the flat response for when I can not mix on my...

Pikachu69
replies: 68 views: 14,459
sonicvision 1 day ago

How do you use negative feedback with hardware delay and reverb units like Eventide and Lexicon? This is not about DAW...

daniel1990
replies: 2 views: 209
daniel1990 1 day ago

Moderators