The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 1,356
Jules 5 days ago

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 25,072
Jules 14th March 2022

Lets see if this topic is as contentious as tape vs digital. My own view is that vinyl has always sucked. Any vinyl album quickly...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,287 views: 41,603
Sharp11 7 minutes ago

Not associated with this channel, just sharing for those interested in a modern mastering session with very high end...

init0
replies: 2 views: 78
init0 24 minutes ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,374 views: 180,130
chessparov2.0 32 minutes ago

Hi, I'm searching for some pop or rock live shows that were mixed at the highest possible level (I know how it sounds :lol: ). It...

oh_barek
replies: 86 views: 1,839
norfolk martin 34 minutes ago

I did some shootouts of my HW compressors vs plugin compressors on acoustic guitar. In my results so far, even the cheapest HW...

SparklingSound
replies: 341 views: 18,002
norfolk martin 45 minutes ago

Hi guys could you tell wich microphone did Johnny Cash used on his album American Recordings? Do you have any technical...

rail
replies: 17 views: 1,171
deedeeyeah 52 minutes ago

Hi all, I was wondering if you guys knew what was used by the Wailer's keyboard player in the following clip: YouTube - Bob...

simonv
replies: 24 views: 23,614
ilovesound 54 minutes ago

As you may have seen from another thread I started, I'm looking at getting a good mic for my saxophone. This would mostly be for...

john_dikeman
replies: 24 views: 566
john_dikeman 1 hour ago

Hello form people! I do basic vocal engineering for a friend of mine, and she has a very unique voice that I'm trying to find a...

notyourproducer
replies: 3 views: 83
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I wasn't sure where to post this as I wanted advice from anyone who has this mic/used it for some time. I'm considering...

Genesis1
replies: 130 views: 8,710
Genesis1 1 hour ago

So I had a chance to borrow my friend's OTO BAM for the weekend, and I really liked it. But before I spend $600 on a new one I...

allen7ny
replies: 3 views: 391
the fxs 2 hours ago

So I finally narrowed my choice for a premium vocal mic to these two options. Everywhere I turn seems to state the Soyuz 017...

tonetonitony
replies: 4 views: 271
kennybro 2 hours ago

Hello, long time lurker here. I would like to upgrade my living room situation which is about 5x6 meters with a better speakers....

Lucas Delucca
replies: 0 views: 84
Lucas Delucca 3 hours ago

Didn’t know which forum to post in.. Do we have any piano techs in here? I have a nice upright piano in my studio that has...

flintan
replies: 2 views: 158
Peakly 3 hours ago

2 nights ago, my beloved Beyer M88N died while on duty: barely inside a kick drum hole. Now, I knew the TG version should be used...

akisD28
replies: 39 views: 13,997
joeq 3 hours ago

Is it OK to use both the 1/4" TRS balanced and XLR Main Output outputs of the Samson SM10 Rack Mixer to drive inputs on two...

ClintGoss
replies: 0 views: 71
ClintGoss 3 hours ago

EVE Audio SC3070 owners, do you use a sub with them? Is the low end enough? Interested...

enjoysilence
replies: 0 views: 60
enjoysilence 3 hours ago

hi, after 10 years (of wasted time) on my mackies 824 i finally realized that i NEED new monitor speakers urgently. after a bit...

mr. harrison
replies: 64 views: 24,502
Mikedgtl 4 hours ago

Hi Y'all, I use analog tape at some point of the process on most of the records I work on. Lately I've been doing more...

JB_RCS
replies: 18 views: 331
JB_RCS 5 hours ago

Has anyone with a Black Lion Bluey compressor noticed their attack knob runs in reverse from a normal 1176? On my unit, 1 (fully...

andycarpenter
replies: 6 views: 887
kennybro 5 hours ago

How do you use negative feedback with hardware delay and reverb units like Eventide and Lexicon? This is not about DAW...

daniel1990
replies: 1 views: 92
Synth Guru 5 hours ago

kfhkh By far delay is the most used effect of the most used effects, chorus, delay, reverb. By far delay has the widest range...

italo de angelis
replies: 40 views: 16,886
daniel1990 7 hours ago

Good day, I have just received the SSL Big Six new and installed it in my setup. In this I get an unpleasant, audible, rhythmic,...

MarcPascal
replies: 142 views: 12,708
MarcPascal 7 hours ago

I have a pair of Genelec 8030’s which I’m using with a 7040 Subwoofer. My question is, at what volume is the sub...

FranciscoFrugoni
replies: 5 views: 1,193
deedeeyeah 12 hours ago

Just saw this online and am pretty excited about the prospect of owning this mic! https://youtu.be/F8wHgv63KOo Anyone have...

hasntbeen
replies: 431 views: 74,742
ThePremiere 13 hours ago

Hello! I have a pair of Westlake Audio BBSM-6 monitors. My room is not at a recording studio, but a spare bedroom in my house....

jabberz
replies: 11 views: 1,617
BernieW 14 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 2,339 views: 427,219
Kevster 16 hours ago

Context: Home studio. For multiple non-negotiable reasons, the only things being mic’ed are vocals (male and female) and...

OneAgainst
replies: 5 views: 331
OneAgainst 17 hours ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 27 views: 684
BernieW 19 hours ago

Hey guys, let's say I want to mic up a nice drum kit and record it. What would give better results - RME 12Mic or some 12...

nightfall
replies: 15 views: 550
Aural Endeavors 19 hours ago

Is there an official term for this almost deliberately out of sync choir technique? In the same manner as "sul...

rearslum
replies: 3 views: 260
Gideon K 20 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,577 views: 1,309,363
jack81 21 hours ago

I have 2 slots free on my 500 lunchbox, I have a Neve 517, 2x ClassicAPI V28 and modified Lindell PEX500. I am interested at...

martiaudio
replies: 46 views: 19,606
Dirk Churlish 22 hours ago

hello everyone. I recently bought a Fruman HDR-6 with five HR-6. I connected the system with cat 5 cables as it is required and...

Vileda
replies: 1 views: 117
andersmv 22 hours ago

TL;DR, sorry 'bout that. I've had these monitors both in my crappy little room for a week or so. These are both expensive,...

standup
replies: 7 views: 1,094
dickiefunk 22 hours ago

was the credited engineer on "Look Sharp!" along with Aldo Bocca as asst. But that seems to be the only record credit...

metropical
replies: 6 views: 232
metropical 23 hours ago

I'm not a technical person, so please forgive what may be a stupid question, but... I'm a professional voice artist and...

Gus_Scott
replies: 25 views: 709
pounamu 1 day ago
replies: 2,924 views: 266,453
excelcruz 1 day ago

Hi! So my converters crapped out. I’d been waiting for it to happen. Long story short it was the filter caps in the power...

Bo.b
replies: 10 views: 699
Spindrift 1 day ago

...or can I set note information for synths and pattern using the dials and pads, without a midi keyboard, etc? I am a new and I...

Barbovalum
replies: 2 views: 171
Barbovalum 1 day ago

Hey folks, Anyone with experience with both of these? I am looking for something that could ideally give some vibe to tracks...

jerboaguitars
replies: 6 views: 324
SRS 1 day ago

For $999, seems a great deal for 3 distinctly different hot swappable capsules.

Mr Funk
replies: 255 views: 22,934
tmix 1 day ago

I've been looking into adding some new gear in the future (if funds allow) but I am running out of space on my Apollo X8 + Twin X...

jerboaguitars
replies: 11 views: 363
init0 1 day ago

I need advice from someone who is familiar with mixing engineer Michael Brauer's style. I tried "Brauerizing"® my DAW...

aligak
replies: 55 views: 13,599
JSchlomo 1 day ago

Or Behringer or anyone..... How is it someone hasn't made a series of small Midi controllers that imitate the look of all the...

Shawnobi
replies: 0 views: 107
Shawnobi 1 day ago

I own a couple of the Tannoy System 800a's for my primary monitoring. I had originally planned to get the Tannoy subwoofers, but...

ejbragg
replies: 5 views: 1,519
Galileon 1 day ago

I've been strongly considering a revamped and ready to go H3000 that has been maxed out, for a few weeks now. I would use it...

jerboaguitars
replies: 21 views: 634
Sweatervest 1 day ago

Which one do you think is better? I think a tight and accurate bass response is very important for me. I am currently...

MPrinsen
replies: 8 views: 1,509
MPrinsen 1 day ago

Hi guys - i bought a pair of Focal Shape Twins a few months ago. I have just noticed that after about an hour of them being used...

Miran
replies: 20 views: 2,689
Vangelo 1 day ago

As a crazed collector of vintage mics, I have to say that for functionality and use-ablilty, I am a lover of Electro-Voice. ...

The Padded Room
replies: 116 views: 15,025
BernieW 1 day ago

Moderators