The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 6,277 views: 713,181
Em Dash 4 minutes ago

Hello everyone ! howdy I've been reading this forum since I was old enough to use the internet, but this is the first time I'm...

antuwen
replies: 32 views: 389
deedeeyeah 6 minutes ago

I have $1200 to spend. Should I : a) purchase gr and go line in into the mbox 2 (gain all the way down,still going through mbox...

kevinn10
replies: 17 views: 2,039
trevon 7 minutes ago

So, I've upgraded my converters and my Mac and now have an awful lot of processing power at my disposal. I've always worked at...

MrShades
replies: 56 views: 1,119
disantlor 11 minutes ago

Why didn't the Steinberg UR-RT-2 with Neve designed transformers take off? I just got one to try for $175. Yes, it's an interface...

Rob Coates
replies: 21 views: 602
GeneHall 14 minutes ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 787 views: 27,296
James Lehmann 15 minutes ago

DPA 4018 DPA 2028 Neumann KMS105 Sennheiser MD441 Beyerdynamic M88tg Shure SM58 Earthworks SR40v Earthworks SR314 Shure...

RodrigoPandelo
replies: 89 views: 2,288
GeneHall 25 minutes ago

Salutations Slutz, I have been recording with Pro Tools for the last 10 years. Before that I was recording on hard disk...

Master Moss
replies: 39 views: 13,119
Scragend 27 minutes ago

I statement that sticks with me in a big way is something Ulrich Wild said when he was talking about how things have moved from...

Nickerz
replies: 3 views: 37
thethrillfactor 28 minutes ago
replies: 0 views: 8
mat1 37 minutes ago

Hi All, Firstly, I'm located in Honolulu Hawaii. That Being said there aren't many Tape Heads Left locally so I'm counting on...

taitferge
replies: 0 views: 13
taitferge 50 minutes ago

I'm considering a Nucleus 2 to use as a DAW controller and to take advantage of the preamps. I wouldn't use it as an interface or...

Onewattamp
replies: 0 views: 10
Onewattamp 51 minutes ago

So, Google has launched a text-to-music AI generator: MusicLM. Instructions are written in plain text, and music is generated...

Trem
replies: 1 views: 42
antuwen 1 hour ago

Almost everyone on here loves to "add some flavor" by having a variety of compressors, EQs, mic pres etc. They're all...

Nickerz
replies: 0 views: 20
Nickerz 1 hour ago

Enough already of all the "what's your favourite..." threads, how about the opposite? Which piece of gear just fills...

BernieW
replies: 822 views: 38,847
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Seems like their web page and company are no longer in business. They were suppose to restructure in 2012, but I never heard any...

Jason rocks
replies: 70 views: 36,546
corrosiveabuser 2 hours ago

I'm considering buying an analog mixer to use as part of the music composition process, dub mixing style. I would use both...

zfy
replies: 3 views: 112
Musician 2 hours ago

Glyn Johns has been one of my favorite engineer/producers. Besides the beaten to death Glyn Johns drum micing technique, is...

garytube
replies: 17 views: 971
Brian M. Boykin 2 hours ago

I have a pair of Kali LP-6 they've done pretty well, but I'm looking for something with more detail. Has anyone heard the Focal...

Peter Pav
replies: 13 views: 2,910
hereticskeptic 2 hours ago

Bit of a rant, but like when did preamps become these magic go-to boxes that can cure cancer and give you the tone of your...

gravyface
replies: 2,271 views: 70,200
Aural Endeavors 3 hours ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

juicylime
replies: 6,555 views: 728,152
IM WHO YOU THINK 3 hours ago

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 865 views: 49,524
Chevron 3 hours ago

Hi, already put in a query to Manley, just seeing if I can get any info until they get back to me. Sooo, I seem to be having...

Warren D
replies: 0 views: 43
Warren D 4 hours ago

I’m on the verge of purchasing my first control surface. I have a small home studio, and am mixing itb using Pro Tools. My...

chp
replies: 10 views: 185
ejinbc 4 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,934 views: 1,395,441
ozonepaul 5 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,450 views: 92,082
BernieW 5 hours ago

I just pulled my old Desper Spatializer Type-C out of storage. We barely used it before it was decommissioned. Now I can't find...

scotcombs
replies: 7 views: 2,447
evantaiul 5 hours ago

Hi, I need to start getting more serious about my monitoring and I likely need to upgrade my stuff. I need to take recordings I...

BernieW
replies: 17 views: 763
BernieW 5 hours ago

Hey guys, i am looking for a preamp for recording vocal and electric guitar. Rightnow i have a AKG C414XLII for vocal , a SM57...

Roy Zhang
replies: 54 views: 1,340
Aural Endeavors 5 hours ago
replies: 3,316 views: 301,463
RodrigoPandelo 5 hours ago

Sooo... Mr. Internet knows next to nothing about her aside from this pic of the yet-to-be-released next month's copy of SOS mag....

mp3
replies: 1,800 views: 314,113
David W. Jones 5 hours ago

I see alot of talk on the Rode Classic II but nothing on the Rode Classic. Is their a big diffrence between them?

KurtR
replies: 47 views: 37,063
Hymnographer 7 hours ago

I keep going back and forth in my brain! I'm not looking for gospel here, just a friendly conversation to maybe open my mind,...

SDB_12
replies: 24 views: 690
gravyface 9 hours ago

Hi guys. Not a new topic obviously but wanted to start a conversation on using hardware pultecs into a compressor on the 2 bus.....

Morgueritual
replies: 35 views: 5,466
studeo74 11 hours ago

Covid crushing me at the moment so I’m binging Yellowstone. Anyone try mixing in a cowboy hat? Would the brim mess things up?

augustin187
replies: 64 views: 1,838
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

Thought it might be useful to have a thread discussing mics by brand...opinions those who have used of course of top interest....

bill5
replies: 73 views: 5,162
benoïde 11 hours ago

What would you invest in out of those two?

XHipHop
replies: 64 views: 2,396
Paul_G 12 hours ago

This post should maybe be in the Low End Theory forum but: I have an M&K sub in my home studio that has an LPF only that I've...

ControlCentral
replies: 8 views: 92
Martel80 13 hours ago

Hello fellow gear nerds. In my process of setting up a homestudio for recording I am eying the SSL SiX for doing the tracking...

anarchyreloaded
replies: 0 views: 43
anarchyreloaded 13 hours ago

It's easy to find negative feedback on the 193. Any of you guys loving it for vocals? If so what type of voices do you find it...

Krush411
replies: 56 views: 5,542
mikehalloran 16 hours ago

Hello. I'm looking for some advice from professional audio engineers who know this subject well. I gathered my questions about...

avr90
replies: 76 views: 3,803
deuc647 17 hours ago

So right now I have a Korg padKONTROL (white version) that I use for acoustic styled drumming with 3rd party Kontakt instruments....

imhungry
replies: 0 views: 29
imhungry 19 hours ago

I'm a hobbyist. I don't mix professionally anymore but I still have a few projects here and there sometime and I'm contemplating...

Martel80
replies: 0 views: 51
Martel80 19 hours ago

...or just a prop that was on hand? I don't recognize it, but there's probably a bunch I haven't seen. Can't figure they'd get...

Jidis
replies: 0 views: 49
Jidis 21 hours ago

Hello, I have an EV 635A microphone plugged into my A&H mixer. The output of the microphone is soooo quiet, that I need to...

Gggg
replies: 3 views: 109
kennybro 21 hours ago

Is there a problem, generally, in chaining mic and TRs cables? I want to neatly hug three mic and TRS cables (for phones) around...

henryrobinett
replies: 2 views: 71
kennybro 21 hours ago

Any budget friendly suggestions for spot micing cymbals?? I've been using sm57's just because that's what I had 5 of (I'll need 5...

Dizzler
replies: 27 views: 434
elegentdrum 22 hours ago

Hi everyone, I bought a used ASP880 six or eight months ago from a friend of a friend, and up until last week it's been a really...

Masecar
replies: 143 views: 18,810
skillzmcgavern 22 hours ago

As the title suggests: I have 300€ to spend for a dynamic mic. New or used I don’t care. Mainly for vocals but should...

markboombastik
replies: 68 views: 2,964
Penguino 22 hours ago

For those interested in hearing a complete track of nothing but DPA mics, including the new 4055 on both kick and bass, I present...

TL2
replies: 5 views: 288
TL2 23 hours ago

Moderators