The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 11,032
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 32,520
Jules 14th March 2022

replace "photographer" and "photography" in this video by "audio engineer" / "audio...

SonicAxiom
replies: 1,698 views: 27,875
gravyface 1 minute ago

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 4,504 views: 115,767
Gothi 5 minutes ago

Hey all. Sorry this is going to be a long post but I need advice on completing my mic kit so I need to describe what I'm trying...

BernieW
replies: 194 views: 4,125
BernieW 33 minutes ago

Has anyone compared the two? I've been considering both processors for a while and am wondering if the vintage drive can get me...

fairchildren
replies: 8 views: 897
prismtheory 1 hour ago

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum and i hope i'm at the right place. If not, maybe you can give me the right link :-) I'm a...

cymbalcleaner
replies: 21 views: 2,194
OPR 1 hour ago

Dolby Atmos, Spatial Audio etc for Music - Will It Take off? I am encouraged by the idea of Dolby Atmos for music with...

Chevron
replies: 679 views: 38,574
louderjamz 2 hours ago

I've called, emailed, and knocked on their door (granted, 10 minutes before listed closing time on their website), no answer....

Russell Anderson
replies: 16 views: 618
Russell Anderson 2 hours ago

A friend of mine is selling off some studio gear, including a few preamps. He let me borrow a couple of them that seemed most up...

nightchef
replies: 26 views: 712
seby 2 hours ago

Compared to condensers, passive ribbons do best with preamps with high ohms, high dB and low noise floor. Active ribbons can be...

soundmurmur
replies: 4 views: 88
soundmurmur 2 hours ago

I am about to make my first big mic purchase. I have decided to go with the u89i after going through many threads and doing my...

Migsmadethis
replies: 10 views: 162
toofast 2 hours ago

I've been following drum-focused GS threads (my main focus) for many years, and have recently added a Sebatron VMP 4000e after...

dylanwissing
replies: 144 views: 16,930
JSchlomo 3 hours ago

I recently did some projects where I used a lot of my Beyerdynamic microphones, M69/M101/M500 and holy moly these are not even...

Batchainpuller78
replies: 128 views: 22,704
rschlierbeck 3 hours ago

As a crazed collector of vintage mics, I have to say that for functionality and use-ablilty, I am a lover of Electro-Voice. ...

The Padded Room
replies: 212 views: 19,879
BernieW 3 hours ago

I recently acquired a Radial WR-8 (w/o the mixer module), I'm attempting to connect it to an Audient ID44 via the ADAT expansion....

NoDotWon
replies: 6 views: 145
mattias78 4 hours ago

I recently replaced an older Scarlett interface with the new Clarett+ 8pre. The preamps sound good in the Clarett+, but the gain...

bwoe
replies: 9 views: 416
themiracle 6 hours ago

I record jazz and pop music (drums, guitar, bass, horns, vocals, etc) and am thinking of adding a ribbon mic to my collection....

Alon Wolman
replies: 1 views: 49
themiracle 6 hours ago

I currently own the Tube-Tech unit and have used it as my go to channel strip for several years now but i'm considering switching...

Led Music
replies: 1 views: 2,016
jcool 6 hours ago

hi, after 10 years (of wasted time) on my mackies 824 i finally realized that i NEED new monitor speakers urgently. after a bit...

mr. harrison
replies: 66 views: 25,393
bcslaam 7 hours ago

Hi all, Since the last topics on this subject are quite old and I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff, I would like...

Berrie89
replies: 27 views: 2,409
Dave_Ionic 7 hours ago

Guys...been seeing this one a LOT lately so buyer beware. Format is typically like this: 1. Highly desirable item in great...

tradarama
replies: 18 views: 715
psycho_monkey 8 hours ago

Enough already of all the "what's your favourite..." threads, how about the opposite? Which piece of gear just fills...

BernieW
replies: 420 views: 13,697
chessparov2.0 9 hours ago

Hi, I had purchased a Tascam DR40x and would like to get an expert advise on connecting to mixer board and speaker to record...

gandhi28152
replies: 0 views: 39
gandhi28152 9 hours ago

Hi folks, let's have a dedicated thread for discussing the discontinued Spectra and ProDesk, and the currently in-production...

mrand
replies: 14 views: 639
mrand 10 hours ago

Looks interesting! 570 | dbx Professional Audio anyone have any dirt on these?

RightOnRome
replies: 6 views: 1,638
mikeyrad 11 hours ago

First off, I've played to clicks since I was in mid-20's, which was a really long time ago. I have good time, and I can sit...

Brent Hahn
replies: 394 views: 7,528
JL1000 11 hours ago

Generally interested in discussion. Nothing like real drums but e-drums have many advantages, to include the ability to sound...

bill5
replies: 227 views: 9,673
gravyface 11 hours ago

Any recommendations for Bluetooth headphones that look and feel luxurious and sound decent? This is for a consumer listening...

Lazer Toms
replies: 4 views: 73
Lazer Toms 12 hours ago

Hey there. I'm just getting my home studio setup to a point where it is getting somewhat legit. I have two 18i20 interfaces and...

Bberg28
replies: 2 views: 72
themiracle 12 hours ago

In the spring we had an aluminum fence installed. I recently started looking at Pedaltrain boards. I have a Boss BCB-60 which...

llTheSystemll
replies: 2 views: 48
llTheSystemll 12 hours ago

Hi there, I just recently purchased an Avantone speaker to add to my main monitor pair, so I also got a Mackie Big Knob to allow...

wing
replies: 16 views: 6,850
TMOQuantity 13 hours ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,556 views: 196,724
roger 14 hours ago

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I’m really wanting to get a Compex f760x and I would appreciate some feedback from anybody with...

mistakes_inc
replies: 6 views: 189
gfunny72 14 hours ago
replies: 3,097 views: 282,522
chessparov2.0 15 hours ago

So I've got a set of mic pres I really like tonally, but they really really put everything super foward through them. Crunch...

Nickerz
replies: 6 views: 249
gmatkin 15 hours ago

Hello everyone, I made a quick overview and demo video for the Fostex MN-50. I was surprised to see that there were zero...

evilash1996
replies: 1 views: 71
johannburkard 15 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,349 views: 83,306
BernieW 17 hours ago

I'm sure this has been covered before but I don't see a handy thread devoted to DI's, so here goes. If it fizzles out, fine,...

BernieW
replies: 133 views: 6,281
BernieW 17 hours ago

I must not have understood the need for specific ohm rated volume pedals when purchasing this years ago, but now I'm left with a...

mdjagg
replies: 3 views: 95
mdjagg 19 hours ago

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone is actually and regularly using a sub for music mixing ? Does it bring more confidence...

noisekeeper
replies: 38 views: 1,032
noisekeeper 19 hours ago

Hey, I'm in the market for a new pair of low/ultra-low-budget reference monitors that will eventually become my main...

replies: 9 views: 242
HardRocker 20 hours ago

Hello, it's possible to change group tacks by the normal input in a 16 channels desk to make a 18 or 20 tracks? thanks very...

erod
replies: 0 views: 44
erod 21 hours ago

I have a production coming up in a few weeks that will feature a lot of layered guitars. Acoustic and electric, from clean to...

andychamp
replies: 11 views: 381
deedeeyeah 22 hours ago

Hi, the title pretty much says it. I’ve only used the rack versions, but I’m debating picking up a 500 series unit. In your...

engmix
replies: 19 views: 585
engmix 22 hours ago

Hello guys, I've got a question about tape machines and the Motown sound. I had a thought last night whilst I was listening...

DanDaMan
replies: 68 views: 11,771
Bob Olhsson 22 hours ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 139 views: 6,944
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hey guys, Thanks for checking this out and I hope you guys are doing well. I'm new here and not quite sure this is the...

yxue
replies: 3 views: 484
XandY 1 day ago

From my understanding, it is important to ensure that your wave files on each channel is at 0 VU to get the best results from...

puppee
replies: 2 views: 149
TomVY 1 day ago

I’ve been going a little crazy trying to ask folks their opinions on the Proreplicas 1176 rev A and AudioScape 76a and also the...

carolcappetta
replies: 10 views: 607
brotastic 1 day ago

Howdy fellas, Which micpre would you recommend for sonarworks reference 4?

greenmike
replies: 6 views: 1,722
Shanktron 1 day ago

So I had a weird thing happen the other day. I'm very fond of the Neve adjacent stuff for tracking guitars, but I've been using...

Nickerz
replies: 24 views: 951
elegentdrum 1 day ago

Moderators