The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 935
Jules 3 days ago

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 24,811
Jules 14th March 2022

I’ve had many different accounts here, been frustrated and deleted my account only to always come back because I really love...

carolcappetta
replies: 40 views: 1,196
carolcappetta 7 minutes ago

I have looked all over to see what the latency from an input into the Ui24r routed into a DAW with a low buffer size and back out...

Trexton
replies: 11 views: 234
Calagan 14 minutes ago

As you may have seen from another thread I started, I'm looking at getting a good mic for my saxophone. This would mostly be for...

john_dikeman
replies: 12 views: 283
john_dikeman 20 minutes ago

Just saw this online and am pretty excited about the prospect of owning this mic! https://youtu.be/F8wHgv63KOo Anyone have...

hasntbeen
replies: 422 views: 74,333
sourpatch 30 minutes ago

I did some shootouts of my HW compressors vs plugin compressors on acoustic guitar. In my results so far, even the cheapest HW...

SparklingSound
replies: 294 views: 15,916
vitocorleone123 33 minutes ago

Hi. I wanted to make this info clearer for people who plan to buy the MD409 e906 or e609. diddlydoo Searching the web I have...

IlyaV
replies: 30 views: 21,200
BernieW 41 minutes ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,572 views: 1,308,477
spnc 54 minutes ago
replies: 2,923 views: 266,036
tkaitkai 55 minutes ago

Which one do you think is better? I think a tight and accurate bass response is very important for me. I am currently...

MPrinsen
replies: 7 views: 1,436
enjoysilence 1 hour ago

I need advice from someone who is familiar with mixing engineer Michael Brauer's style. I tried "Brauerizing"® my DAW...

aligak
replies: 50 views: 13,272
JSchlomo 1 hour ago

Hey folks, Anyone with experience with both of these? I am looking for something that could ideally give some vibe to tracks...

jerboaguitars
replies: 3 views: 128
NathanEldred 1 hour ago

Hey guys, let's say I want to mic up a nice drum kit and record it. What would give better results - RME 12Mic or some 12...

nightfall
replies: 6 views: 232
D_T_Music 1 hour ago

When I went to SAE we used to have coiled patch tele cables in the studios and I thought they where great. All I can find when...

Machinegunjoe
replies: 7 views: 403
Wayne 1 hour ago

I purchased a used Drawmer DL441 listed in great condition - it wasn't. Several screws were missing from the faceplate and they...

alexdoo
replies: 11 views: 774
Rael Beneteau 2 hours ago

Lets see if this topic is as contentious as tape vs digital. My own view is that vinyl has always sucked. Any vinyl album quickly...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,276 views: 41,217
chessparov2.0 2 hours ago

Hi guys could you tell wich microphone did Johnny Cash used on his album American Recordings? Do you have any technical...

rail
replies: 8 views: 910
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 3 views: 156
thismercifulfate 3 hours ago

Hi all, Please see my cover design for one local band. Iff You are interested in one, please contact me...

veks
replies: 12 views: 921
veks 3 hours ago

Hi, I'm searching for some pop or rock live shows that were mixed at the highest possible level (I know how it sounds :lol: ). It...

oh_barek
replies: 62 views: 1,216
Paistemage 3 hours ago

Sm7 sounds so good I don't even have to record the performance! In fact it sounds so awesome your ears can't percieve any sound...

Steab
replies: 402 views: 82,972
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

The title says it all. This interface, even used, is at the top of what I am willing to pay for an audio interface, so there's no...

Gerbicout
replies: 6 views: 219
Gerbicout 3 hours ago

RM BIV = Ribbon Microphone, Burdukov Igor Vladimirovich I am not associated with Igor in any way, beyond being a happy paying...

no genre
replies: 472 views: 118,519
Brujo369 4 hours ago

For mastering, I really like what the ES-8 does to a 2 bus mix. It gently smoothes it out while being transparent in a wonderful...

Jason rocks
replies: 13 views: 4,298
keano 4 hours ago

Because of my current room arrangement, my ideal monitor set up would be to get two smaller (4”-5”) studio monitors and place...

thevisi0nary
replies: 10 views: 202
thevisi0nary 5 hours ago

Hi my brother and sister nerds and geniuses. This year, I wanted to experiment with some new sounds while also making my go-to...

YRLK
replies: 5 views: 223
Paul_G 5 hours ago

Looking to buy new monitors, always wanted some A7X's but never got them. Worth buying them in 2022? Or buy alternative... 🤔...

enjoysilence
replies: 2 views: 142
chinesewhiteman 5 hours ago

I'm not a technical person, so please forgive what may be a stupid question, but... I'm a professional voice artist and...

Gus_Scott
replies: 16 views: 460
Scragend 8 hours ago

So I finally narrowed my choice for a premium vocal mic to these two options. Everywhere I turn seems to state the Soyuz 017...

tonetonitony
replies: 1 views: 158
Paul_G 14 hours ago

I have a well treated 11x16x9 room that I use primarily for mixing. I'm looking to upgrade to a 3-way monitor from my current...

nmicrocosm
replies: 0 views: 101
nmicrocosm 14 hours ago

Are there a better pair of mics for similar money that would be better for capturing ambience for sampling atmos etc?

auxReturn
replies: 0 views: 135
auxReturn 15 hours ago

Context: Home studio. For multiple non-negotiable reasons, the only things being mic’ed are vocals (male and female) and...

OneAgainst
replies: 4 views: 231
themiracle 15 hours ago

This is a thread for information about the Peavey AMR Production Series split consoles: the 800 (24 channel, 8 bus or 32 channel,...

jtienhaara
replies: 52 views: 13,981
Richard Kuschel 16 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 1,170 views: 73,956
Russell Anderson 20 hours ago

Hello there. I am starting to collaborate on music with several people near and far. I was wondering if there was some sort of...

cmeif
replies: 0 views: 108
cmeif 21 hours ago

original post > I've pretty much narrowed it down between the two. Has anyone had both of these in the room and...

melodic dreamer
replies: 76 views: 24,834
Bushman 21 hours ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

juicylime
replies: 6,500 views: 710,606
TheKosherButcher 22 hours ago

I have a MOTU Ultralite mk3 (non-hybrid, therefore double firewire only). I like most things about it, but I notice when I mix on...

aligak
replies: 24 views: 5,869
spnc 23 hours ago

Sorry for the strange question but most of my home recordings tend to have a clean cold sound and I would like to warm them up a...

hemmick reef
replies: 118 views: 10,202
KevWind 1 day ago

Hello everyone So a certain question has been bugging me recently. Every time I record drums I phase align the 2 overhead...

joni_be_good
replies: 6 views: 191
smartfreq 1 day ago

Who all has one and how are you liking it? If you have audio samples with and without please share! I want to see if it’s worth...

PAnthony278
replies: 33 views: 7,029
andersmv 1 day ago

Hi everybody, I'm currently searching the web to find out what RCA Studios (Los Angeles) used in the 60's. Most major...

soupking
replies: 108 views: 30,086
cathode 1 day ago

I run a small but busy home studio primarily focused on acoustic music. I acquired a Neve Portico II master Bus Processor a year...

MMoon
replies: 42 views: 2,012
Young.baws 1 day ago

Doing some comparisons, not hearing a huge difference btw the two M88 possibly a bit more composed/focused Certainly with...

auxReturn
replies: 5 views: 218
auxReturn 1 day ago

I can buy on older Valvet (silver one - not X) serial no. 16x. It must be about 20yrs old so would have the old capsule. the...

marbles
replies: 2 views: 174
marbles 1 day ago

please post your impressions if you own or listened any EVE AUDIO monitoring system ! i'm really interested to know how they...

blackfinder
replies: 504 views: 144,960
SecretSociety 1 day ago

Ok..so the statement itself is riddled with bias and inaccuracies, out of the gate..so this is designed to be a civil discussion...

radio_death_wish
replies: 60 views: 2,264
chinesewhiteman 1 day ago

This has been out for a while but I can’t seem to find many reviews, except for a few YouTube videos. I’m thinking of...

Spilota
replies: 47 views: 22,665
Jakatone 1 day ago

Is there an industry standard way of color coding tracks? If not why do you choose the colors for certain instruments or...

fwet
replies: 23 views: 11,892
joelpatterson 1 day ago

I've been strongly considering a revamped and ready to go H3000 that has been maxed out, for a few weeks now. I would use it...

jerboaguitars
replies: 19 views: 455
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

I've noticed there is a current new generation of hardware guitar synth pedals/units which don't require a special pickup on a...

nksoloproject
replies: 1 views: 113
nksoloproject 1 day ago

Moderators