The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Gearspace members! I just wanted to thank you ALL for an amazing 20 years of pro audio discussion and online...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 7,913
Jules 22nd June 2022

Who do you want for a Gearspace.com Q&A guest? Who would you like to ask questions? Producer, engineer or self recording...

Jules
replies: 138 views: 31,028
Jules 14th March 2022

Or rather, why is it a thing that some ppl seem to feel they have to point out. "Dawless setup", "Dawless...

Auer
replies: 1,386 views: 49,821
KevWind 1 minute ago

Can anyone recommend a two channel hardware corrective eq that doesn’t cost a million dollars. I have two pultec meqm-5’s...

carolcappetta
replies: 5 views: 87
thethrillfactor 2 minutes ago

Hi guys, I have a little but well equipped home studio. I recent picked up a 1176 clone but for some reason this unit and this...

Omur
replies: 3 views: 126
iksrazal 4 minutes ago

Greeting all, Earlier this year a crazy idea was born somewhere deep on the event horizon of Gearspace… We all love to talk...

James Lehmann
replies: 13 views: 205
Jules 18 minutes ago

Hi all, I have a pair of the KRK S4 V8 monitors already, and while they go down pretty low, I’m wanting to add some subs to...

SDB_12
replies: 0 views: 8
SDB_12 34 minutes ago

I constantly find myself thinking I need new outboard or a tape machine etc. it doesn’t help that most of my favorite albums...

Jmfreeland
replies: 221 views: 10,323
seby 34 minutes ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,676 views: 1,330,942
ozonepaul 45 minutes ago

As a producer/musician of alternative rock from the 90's era, I've been seeking to learn recently more about the differences...

Rob_Feature
replies: 680 views: 16,501
MAXX VADA 55 minutes ago

Decided I’m gonna try the auratones, the newer self powered ones. Should I go with a single auratone in mono or get a stereo...

arklay.dark
replies: 2 views: 47
RJHollins 56 minutes ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 1,471 views: 189,134
MAXX VADA 1 hour ago

Hi, I currently own the following mics :- Vanguard V13 Shure KSM32 JZ Mics V11 Audio Technica AT4040 Miktek...

dickiefunk
replies: 2 views: 41
RecStu 1 hour ago

Hey all. Looking to upgrade my vocal mic soon from my collection of various dynamics (inc SM58 and SM7B) and a modded MXL to...

ziggysane
replies: 98 views: 5,126
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Just curious if anyone else done this. Of course I wouldn't do this to my location desk but for the studio desk the main (mix)...

archdake
replies: 1 views: 106
mrufino1 2 hours ago

Keith Richards: So much technology has flooded in in the last seven or eight years—not that it ever stopped, but it’s...

Rob Coates
replies: 139 views: 4,424
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Hey everyone, I've currently got an A&H 16 channel mixer which I use for tracking loops I record in real-time. In other...

Gggg
replies: 0 views: 55
Gggg 3 hours ago

I know this is a bit out there, but here goes: Does anyone try recording vocals with more then one mic? I know it's done all the...

strings
replies: 68 views: 39,613
mirkoc 5 hours ago

I purchased a used Neumann U-87 from Music City Pro Audio on Reverb. It had a fake/aftermarket capsule that costs $850 to...

CrankyChris
replies: 43 views: 5,130
rjb5191 5 hours ago

I was flirting with the idea of using Nigel's L C R mic set-up on the basement sessions. It's coles 4038's real low as almost...

lord_bunny
replies: 11 views: 4,700
Gabriele 5 hours ago

Hello I’ve been searching for this on the website but I can’t find much stuff I am Overweight and i have a pretty dark/bassy...

DNAQuantum
replies: 34 views: 644
pencilextremist 6 hours ago

I have a cheap Phonic t8100 mic pre that has not sound passing through. When I look inside I can't really tell if the tubes are...

ZipSnipe
replies: 23 views: 693
kennybro 6 hours ago

Hi, Does anyone on here have any experience with both of the mics and could comment on how the tone compares?

dickiefunk
replies: 0 views: 41
dickiefunk 6 hours ago

On this Kravitz song can someone tell me how the vocal is so wide and lush? I recorded a similar vocal with a U87 through tape...

janalex
replies: 9 views: 1,857
Method Man 6 hours ago

I have a pair of 4038s I absolutely love. So much vibe. My ear is gravitating more towards ribbons these days than...

mikoo69
replies: 10 views: 1,046
Udi Koomran 8 hours ago

Hello, I realize this is a long shot but giving it a shot. i came up on a vintage Lexicon model 200 reverb that appeared to...

PJD3
replies: 5 views: 348
PJD3 8 hours ago

This thread is about a situation and gear! You have in mind the idea to record music, multiple collaborations and anywhere: -...

Juanibuqt
replies: 20 views: 720
johannburkard 10 hours ago

Hi, We are planning to replace our mackie 24-8 console + 24 extension with a "better" vintage console in order to...

monCk
replies: 2 views: 280
Brian M. Boykin 13 hours ago

Howdy folks! I am once again reaching out for some assistance, as I've never been steered wrong on this forum. So, I'm looking...

AlexMCAD
replies: 115 views: 5,908
GRiFF 15 hours ago

just wanted to throw a comment up here since i haven't seen too much information on these, and invite others to share their...

skycaptain
replies: 7 views: 1,268
TripleXbeatz 15 hours ago
replies: 3,009 views: 275,341
dandeurloo 17 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 6,210 views: 682,489
NoDotWon 17 hours ago

So, I assume the answer is obvious, but two of the same model headphones can sound quite different than one another,...

Thenewexhibit
replies: 8 views: 260
Thenewexhibit 18 hours ago

For a new multi-capsule SDC, which would you go with, the Oktava or the Vanguard V1? Are the new Oktavas improved over the old...

sanjari
replies: 3 views: 486
andersmv 18 hours ago

I have just aquired a 26 channel Auditronics 501 (Son Of 36). I am keen to restore and perhapes mod to improve sound . Does...

jvancorduroy
replies: 112 views: 23,560
smilan 21 hours ago

Hi i am looking at these 2. The Suhr is silent recording the Toneking ironman2 mini is whisper quiet just attenuation. I can...

ktwalker76
replies: 0 views: 54
ktwalker76 23 hours ago

Anywhere I can hear sounds from MELLOTRON Sound Card 02 and 03??

erike123
replies: 9 views: 2,723
JohnLRice 23 hours ago

I know this same question gets asked from time to time, and I've read those threads, but as someone looking to get into hardware,...

DAKAudio
replies: 100 views: 3,187
pencilextremist 23 hours ago

Hey, I have used a "ACE Audio Engineering" modular console (24-8-2) in the last five years with really plessant...

Madde
replies: 12 views: 3,015
NikosPage 23 hours ago

I have an SPL Stereo Vitalizer Mk2-T, and I want to upgrade the stock tubes with a pair of JJ ECC803-S Gold Pin tubes. I've read...

ShaneAnthony
replies: 8 views: 266
ShaneAnthony 1 day ago

Hey there everyone, thanks for checking this post out. So, I've been having some issues with my DBX 286s. So, here's a bit...

TheFriendlyBro
replies: 32 views: 7,596
JLance 1 day ago

To start with, I'm not a bass player. So technique is MOST of the answer here, I'm sure. But I don't have that option right...

Rob_Feature
replies: 14 views: 309
vernier 1 day ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 1,904 views: 170,744
ChasKent 1 day ago

I did a comparison out of interest to see what differences I could hear between a plugin compressor and a hardware compressor....

PinHead12
replies: 81 views: 27,919
Pyeguy 1 day ago

original post > I've pretty much narrowed it down between the two. Has anyone had both of these in the room and...

melodic dreamer
replies: 77 views: 25,962
McNewlove 1 day ago

I previously worked on SC207. The change to Klassic 2020 opened my eyes and ears. I had APS Aeon with I sold to friend as I moved...

differance
replies: 31 views: 14,193
harrisar1971 1 day ago

Hi, It won't fit into a Cranborne rack, or an Api lunchbox due to the case and recessed card. I saw Sound On Sound had the same...

chrisso
replies: 0 views: 69
chrisso 1 day ago

I’m building an analog chain for a singer who has a great voice but for whome the usual suspects do not work. She has a...

GRiFF
replies: 127 views: 5,221
GRiFF 1 day ago

Tossing up over these mics.. I record my son, he is 10yo mainly pop/rap. Currently recording on a sm7b into a BEA 1073. I...

Dread
replies: 52 views: 1,426
bangbang 1 day ago

Hey, I have adopted a mixing on head phone approach with great success. My room currently is not treated, I have a fair bit of...

Dread
replies: 5 views: 219
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

I am looking for a Glockenspiel to use for Radiohead’s No surprises. Any suggestions? Since I am really only going to use it...

Mike7300
replies: 16 views: 731
Mike7300 1 day ago

Still on the market for 5" monitors that suits all in-house studio needs, in a small room (also willing to go up to 7-8inch...

KURAMA
replies: 5 views: 1,013
McNewlove 2 days ago

Moderators