Quantcast
ADAT summing inputs issue. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADAT summing inputs issue.
Old 15th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
ADAT summing inputs issue.

I've been trying to connect my MR816 as an 8channel mic pre to a 003 via ADAT.

When I record arm any track in PT coming from the ADAT inputs what I get is the sum of every ADAT channel. Regardless of what input I'm currently monitoring I hear the entire 8 channels of the MR816 in one. So if for example I select input 9 I hear the signal from 9 through 16, even if there is no gain on input 9. If I have the gain up on every pre I can have one channel selected and walk around to each mic and hear definitive signal from all of them through the one input and it does not change from one input to another. When I monitor the MR816 directly though it has 8 varying signals coming in.

Has anyone experienced this? Various net searches have brought up nothing.

I'm using PT 10, the word clock master is the 003.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
In protools go to the input routing and create separate 8 adat inputs on top of the default 8 ins from the 003. Set your clock input to adat and ensure the sample rates match up. I am not familiar with the mr816, are you sure it has full 8 channel out via adat instead of a stereo sum? What is your sample rate? Adat usually only supports up to 48khz for 8 channels, any higher only 2...
Old 15th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winny Pooh ➡️
In protools go to the input routing and create separate 8 adat inputs on top of the default 8 ins from the 003. Set your clock input to adat and ensure the sample rates match up. I am not familiar with the mr816, are you sure it has full 8 channel out via adat instead of a stereo sum? What is your sample rate? Adat usually only supports up to 48khz for 8 channels, any higher only 2...
Definitely check sample rate. ADAT is 8 channels at 44.1/48, 4 channels at 88.2/96 and only 2 channels at higher rates.

Although what you're describing does sound more like some kind of ProTools input assignment or routing issue than an ADAT multiplexing problem.
📝 Reply