Quantcast
Mystery plug in soundcraft delta 200 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mystery plug in soundcraft delta 200
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Mystery plug in soundcraft delta 200

I've been cleaning out my new (to me) delta and was careful to label everything...or so I thought. The plug, which is connected to the power supply, seems to have no male counterpart to hook up to. Can anyone help me with this? I'm wondering if it wasn't attached to anything.

There are also a bunch of yellow cables which branch out from the master section. Some research showed that they are grounds. The thread that said that suggestted that the grounds should be attached every six channels or so. However, the rental place I bought it from had them connected to channels 19, 23, 24 and 31. Is there any reason for that do you think?

Thanks guys. I'm excited to get this thing up and running...
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
bump
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I guess I should let you guys know that it is one of two things that are coming from the power supply. One goes to the master module, which I assume to power all channels through the ribbon cable. This other one I can't figure out. Maybe for a lamp or something?!?!?!

I'm afraid to power the board up without knowing what to do.
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
bumple-b-tuna
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Sigh

Bump
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I dont think it would hurt to power the unit up. I would be worried if it was connected to something it shouldnt be. otherwise. I think it wont damage anything. just what ever part of the console it powers wont work. have you looked for a schematic?
Old 15th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I agree with the above post.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it's for a meter bridge?
Old 16th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thanks for the replies guys. I've sent an email to the sound rental company I bought the board from to see if they can help. I'd love if there was a meter bridge but I don't this is the case. There isn't anyway I can see the bridge getting signal to read. I don't know a ton about such things though.

The entire board worked perfectly so it definitely is for some kind of accessory.

I'll let you guys know of I find anything out.
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I have one of these, 16 channel dlx and the earth (ground) on mine goes to channel 1, channel 8, and channel 16 so it would seem in increments of eight. check the schematics to verify this.

Your earths seem to have been moved around and with the spare plug you have it sounds like someones been messing inside of it.

If the desk works fine i would not worry, sounds more like it could of been the innards of say a 32 channel that have been put in a 24 hence the spare plug though i would look in to the placement of those earths.

hope this helps
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…