Quantcast
Starting YT Tutorial Channel :) - Rec. Voice Recording Mics? [Some Research Done] - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Starting YT Tutorial Channel :) - Rec. Voice Recording Mics? [Some Research Done]
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Starting YT Tutorial Channel :) - Rec. Voice Recording Mics? [Some Research Done]

Yo yo yo yo,

So I'm looking to start my YouTube channel shortly, and I'm after some recommendations on a pretty bog standard recording mic to record myself talking.

I'm using a Scarlett 6i6 interface, and will probably be using Camtasia as my video recording software. All that's missing now is my mic

Would anyone be so kind as to recommend me a good start to get the ball rolling? I literally just need a good recording of my talking voice, I'm not interested in recording a singing performance or anything like that.

Some of the mics I've looked at so far:

Audio-Technica PRO70 Cardioid Condenser Lavalier/Instrument Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments
Azden Barrell Shotgun Mic With XLR Outputs: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments (bit over budget)
Amazon.co.uk: sennheiser microphone
Sennheiser E 845 Super-Cardioid Dynamic Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments
Behringer XM8500 Ultravoice Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

I'm useless when it comes to mics, this is a completely need hardware area for me. Any help would be graciously appreciated.

Thanks Slutz

P.S. No set budget really, but would prefer to keep it below the £100 ($160?) mark if possible as it's only an entry-level mic that's not complete garbage that I'm after.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Of those you list, the sennheiser e845 most likely. Ebay has loads of e8xx series mics.
Old 14th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winny Pooh ➡️
Of those you list, the sennheiser e845 most likely. Ebay has loads of e8xx series mics.
Thanks for replying!
📝 Reply