Quantcast
How to conduct an ABX test- test? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to conduct an ABX test- test?
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
How to conduct an ABX test- test?

I have been wondering lately about the sensitivity of the ABX- test. How small a change in the frequency spectrum can really be detected?

I am thinking of getting some people together and try it out. It would probably be smart to try out different parts of the spectrum, for example mid bass, somewhere in the presence area and maybe up in the treble somewhere.

But how big a change do you think is detectable, .5 dB, 1 dB? And what Q settings?

As for the practical part, changes in settings could be achieved pretty fast, 5 seconds I believe. I`ll just use my Metric Halo ULN8 and make two presets, it will be blind, of course. I can use an iPad as remote.I will not be using a treated room, just plunk everybody down in my living room. Not optional, of course, but a nice, relaxed atmosphere. And no problems with level matching. Do you think this test would be feasible?

Thankful for any suggestions/feedback.
📝 Reply