Quantcast
4 channel woes. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
4 channel woes.
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
4 channel woes.

The only thing I currently lust for is a high-quality 4 channel AD converter. 4 line inputs and 2, perhaps 4 line outs. That's it. no preamps, DSP, or clocking. Suggestions?

As a footnote, I've always found conversion to be snake oil. As I man of science I adore Wiener and have put my faith in documented tests, all of which point to the obvious conclusion that unless designed otherwise, transparent conversion is all the same. But.......well, but I'm a member here, so even I can't fight the currents.

So I guess my question is-what are my options for a 4-input AD converter and is anyone aware of a "high quality" option? Thanks.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lynx llA
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone ➑️
Lynx llA
Very sorry for my ignorance, but it appears to me that they only make an 8 and 16 version of what I've been hoping for...4 analogue inputs, 2-4 out. nothing else.
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by essessbe ➑️
Very sorry for my ignorance, but it appears to me that they only make an 8 and 16 version of what I've been hoping for...4 analogue inputs, 2-4 out. nothing else.
They also have a line of internal sound cards with 6 in 2 out, 4 in 4 out. You are looking at the Aurora series of 8 & 16 ADDA. Check out their internal sound cards. You can find them new at JRR shop and numerous other Pro Audio places. Also ebay.
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Muchas gracias oldone.
Old 12th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone ➑️
They also have a line of internal sound cards with 6 in 2 out, 4 in 4 out. You are looking at the Aurora series of 8 & 16 ADDA. Check out their internal sound cards. You can find them new at JRR shop and numerous other Pro Audio places. Also ebay.
Well I looked into it and the LynxTwo is EXACTLY what I've been looking for - except - my computer only supports PCIE cards. Any other suggestions? I feel like I've scoured the online stores very thoroughly but figure there is a chance that I missed something. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
How about an apogee quartet?
Old 12th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixdrummer80 ➑️
How about an apogee quartet?
I'm on a PC
πŸ“ Reply