Comfortable headphones? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Comfortable headphones?
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Comfortable headphones?

Hi

I'm looking for some headphones for monitoring my keyboard. They must sound okay -- but don't need to be outstanding sound-wise. My main concern is COMFORT -- they must be wearable for long periods without making my ears or head hurt. Price -- under £100 approx. Any recommendations much appreciated.
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Addict

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just a smidge above your price range, but worth the extra deniro in my opinion - Beyer DT770s. Lovely soft cups, you could wear them all day and forget about them. Lovely lush sound too, a touch bass-heavy but great for tracking.
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thanks Tony
Old 9th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD ➡️
Just a smidge above your price range, but worth the extra deniro in my opinion - Beyer DT770s. Lovely soft cups, you could wear them all day and forget about them. Lovely lush sound too, a touch bass-heavy but great for tracking.
+1
Old 9th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
These are light, comfy and with accuracy way beyond what the price says.
http://www.amazon.com/Samson-SR850-P...owViewpoints=1
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I've had 5 versions of Sennheisers and every single one was amazingly comfortable. They disappear onto your head.
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
My son just bought a pair of Beyer DT990 Pro headphones for gaming. Really comfortable and good sound too...
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If you're wearing them for long periods of time you definitely want to go open back. Otherwise your ears will start feeling claustrophobic. I can wear my Sennheiser HD 650's for hours and have no discomfort whatsoever.
Not so much the case with the Beyers. Though I like and would buy another pair of both, I use the Beyers for tracking only and any mix/monitoring is done with the Sennheisers. I know Beyer makes open backs i've just never used them. Just grab whatever you can afford if you're not too concerned about getting the absolute top-of-the-line sound-quality like you stated. Both companies make great stuff.
Old 11th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
In Sound technology Sony and Sennheiser are the best. Compared to Sony, Sennheiser is too costly and available services are too frequent. In design and comfort Sony headphones is the best.
Old 11th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryrischers ➡️
In Sound technology Sony and Sennheiser are the best. Compared to Sony, Sennheiser is too costly and available services are too frequent. In design and comfort Sony headphones is the best.
Er - what does this mean?

Both manufacturers do headphones at a large range of price levels.

Sennheiser prices start at under £10 and go up to the top of the range at over £1,000.

Comfort on Sennheiser is superb.

And what on earth do you mean by "available services are too frequent" ?

I have Sennheiser headphones that are over 40 years old and have never ever needed "services". At the worst is replacement earpads due to normal wear and tear and foam deterioration which happens to all headphones.
📝 Reply