Studio Upgrade - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Upgrade
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Studio Upgrade

Hi,
I currently produce my own music in Logic Pro X but I do also use Pro Tools 11 for mixing & recording projects. I'm happy with the 2 DAWs but not happy with my equipment. I currently use a Focusrite 18i6 interface which I bought not long ago but was a stupid decision. I think it sounds ok but that fact it has only 1 set of outputs is ridiculous. I currently use some of the Pro Tools plugins and some waves stuff at the moment but I would like to invest in some outboard which means I'll need a new converter. I don't really want to spend anymore than £800 on a interface/converter. I don't need any pres as I want to add outboard ones. Any suggestions, I was looking at the ECHO AudioFire 12 but its quite old now? Also maybe a used Digi 192 but that wouldn't integrate very well with Logic right?

Now for outboard, I have too many inputs for what I need now so I think I could slim down to 5 pres, was thinking a SSL XLogic Alpha Channel, Focusrite ISA One, and then 3 500 series pres. (some suggestions?). I think I will stick to plugin EQs for now (want to move to UAD anyway), but I would like a compressor or 2 for a drum buss or similar, was thinking maybe a pair of Lindell Audio 7X-500s? I also wanted a Lexicon reverb unit was looking at the MX400, but seen a lot of the older PCM ones about in studios today are they any good?

as mentioned above i wanted some 500 series pres, any other 500 series recommendations?

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help me out!

Cheers
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
bump
📝 Reply