Quantcast
Studiomaster Models - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studiomaster Models
Old 5th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Studiomaster Models

Hello all, I've searched this forum and interwebs inside and out, couldn't quite find the answer I'm looking for. I currently use a Studiomaster Trilogy 406, absolutely mint in my project studio.. (hold your breath) to track through for drums and other various inputs, as well as monitoring, etc. etc. Despite a lot of varying opinions, for me this board gets really good sound IMO, I've tracked on big behemoth vintage console pres and these little guys hold there own at the end of the day. Anywho, so my love for the trilogy lead me to pick up a Studiomaster Mixdown Classic 8, for the studio specific features.. But can anyone tell me what the specific differences are between the Mixdown and the Mixdown Classic 8, years of manufacture?, anything more specific?, I have the manual for the Mixdown 16-8-16 and for all intents and purposes its about the same as the Classic 8, but does anyone have a Classic 8 manual or experience to share. Ill be tearing mine apart for a good cleaning before I rebuild my desk for the install. Based on the schems the Trilogy 406 and Mixdown Classic 8 have similar Gain/EQ stages running the Burr BA4560 IC's. So I hope to maintain the sound I've been digging so far, anyone know of a studiomaster web "club" or specific forum? thanks

My Classic 8 board shown here >
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attac...35156830_n.jpg
Old 6th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Bump

Just a quick bump, there aren't many of these boards out there so I can understand that there may not be much to add to the conversation,
Old 6th March 2014
NJS
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I have a trilogy buried in the back of my basement somewhere...at 32 channels its a bit big for what Im doing so it rarely comes out for anything. There isn't much info about these guys floating around :( I haven't taken mine apart but I thought they were TLO72 chip?
Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Sorry, I used to have a Mixdown Classic 8 and not sure what I did with the manual when I sold it. I guess Google's your friend, although it's probably gonna cost you 20 bucks or so. But, I guess it might be worth it if you're serious. Sorry I couldn't be more help. While I'm at it, I guess I need to see if I still have the manual for that old Ramsa WR-S4416 I need to rebuild LOL.

Larry
Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Same console, the Classic was added when they brought it back as the least expensive 8 buss on the market.

Mixdowns and MD classics are not rare, the Studiomaster you want is the very rare P7! Now that was a great board!
Old 7th March 2014
Deleted b6895e1
Don't know if this could be of any help but I found this thread here about someone taking apart a 16-8-16

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geeks...ster-desk.html

I just purchased a used 16-2 myself which isn't by far the same thing but I can't wait to test it tomorrow for the first time.
Old 7th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
@NJS my Trilogy is loaded with the BA4560's in both the EQ and gain Stage, which is why I attribute the sound of the channels to be pleasing. Ands the complete modular design is so nice if you need to swap a channel. I attached photos of the Guts of my 406. @ddageek, I didn't mean rare in the literal context, but there just isn't much info, I did read that the P7s were cool.
@irlybot Ill check out that thread. thx. Currently I need to replace a few Leds in my MD classic 8 and the stereo VUs don't seem to work, but the rest of the Meterbridge does.
Attached Thumbnails
Studiomaster Models-t406.jpg   Studiomaster Models-t406ba4560.jpg  
Old 7th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a 32 channel Classic Mixdown, I use for headphone mixes and sometimes drums for tracking. It sounds decent. The EQ isn't bad. the 10k fixed position is a bit limited.

I've thought about looking into mods. I have a manual for my 32 channel board in PDF form if it helps.
Old 7th March 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMiller ➑️
I have a 32 channel Classic Mixdown, I use for headphone mixes and sometimes drums for tracking. It sounds decent. The EQ isn't bad. the 10k fixed position is a bit limited.

I've thought about looking into mods. I have a manual for my 32 channel board in PDF form if it helps.

yeah if you could send the pdf to jrheaps at Hotmail dot com, the would be great.
Old 7th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You got mail bud.
Old 8th March 2014
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I tracked on one for a few years.
Great sounding analog.. I miss the simplicity having the same preamps. One big reason why I chose to have all one type pre. **** just sounds better and more cohesive if put thru the same pres.

I had a 24:4:2
Old 16th August 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Studiomaster Trilogy 406

G'day all i'm after a manual / schematics for a Studiomaster Trilogy 406 32 track console, any help would be greatly appreciated!! Also any mods worth doing besides rebuilding the power supply?
Old 17th August 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi could you please email me the manual, is it the same as the 406 trilogy desk? My email is rr3rd at outlook dot com, cheers!
πŸ“ Reply