Vintage Line Preamps - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vintage Line Preamps
Old 3rd March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Vintage Line Preamps

Hi!

I spend the last days doing a internet research relating vintage line preamps, with attention on german broadcast modules - i'm from middle europe so that seems obvious to me.

It looks like there is really a lot of gear out there which would be suitable for my application, so i'm a bit confused and hope you could give me some advice.

My plan is to build a high quality summing mixer with 4 inputs and a master section.

I do not necessarily need to preamp microphones, mostly i will feed the preamp with line level signals from my DAW. I just want to add some color and vintage sound to the signals - thats the goal, and of course i hope that the analog summation will sound better than "in the box".

Q1: Can you guys recommend some modules which would fit for my application?

Q2: Are there any modules which would be adequate for both applications, mic and line preamp?

What i found so far is the Siemens V270, Siemens V272, Neumann 472-2, Telefunken V 374 a.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some advice,

Thanks a lot - George

....and please excuse my english
Old 4th March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
You will get the most color from a circuit with transformers in it. So, any of the vintage modules you've mentioned will likely get you close to what you are looking for in varying degrees. Summing mixers that include only linear summing amps don't add a lot of color to the mix bus but I don't think that's necessarily the point of those devices anyway.
Old 4th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
You really should just wait for that Radial summing mixer , were talking tubes and iron .
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…