Quantcast
Someone experience with the Josephson e22S or C609? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Someone experience with the Josephson e22S or C609?
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Someone experience with the Josephson e22S or C609?

Hi all,

Anyone experience with those? I've worked with some C617 and totally loving it!
They are a bit over my price range, and I'm more looking for good cardoid mic's for in the grand piano with closed lid. So close miking!

The E22s:

Looking great, also nice for putting them in the piano with the angled capsule. I see them only on the web for using percussive stuff, any opinions for in a piano?

The C609:

Also looking great as an small capsule mic. No idea what I've to think about it.. Anyone used them?

At a jazz centre I work we use a lot the MBHO KA1000N capsule with MBP603 preamp. Really good for close miking, great mic's. Only problem that they are fragile, and because I'm a big fan of the Josephson C617 I hope Josephson has a great alternative mic.

Let me know! Thanks!
Old 3rd March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieftenbelt ➡️
Hi all,

Anyone experience with those? I've worked with some C617 and totally loving it!
They are a bit over my price range, and I'm more looking for good cardoid mic's for in the grand piano with closed lid. So close miking!

The E22s:

Looking great, also nice for putting them in the piano with the angled capsule. I see them only on the web for using percussive stuff, any opinions for in a piano?

The C609:

Also looking great as an small capsule mic. No idea what I've to think about it.. Anyone used them?

At a jazz centre I work we use a lot the MBHO KA1000N capsule with MBP603 preamp. Really good for close miking, great mic's. Only problem that they are fragile, and because I'm a big fan of the Josephson C617 I hope Josephson has a great alternative mic.

Let me know! Thanks!
Love this mic...e22s is a just a great sounding mic period. great quality and versatile...for more than just percussion. I have used it on uke and acoustic guitars..very nice. Never tried it on piano...I bet it would sound good. I have three!
Old 3rd March 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Thanks for your answer! Now I'm getting very interested in those, have you found some samples or would you like to share some?
Old 28th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks for your answer! Now I'm getting very interested in those, have you found some samples or would you like to share some?
I was messing with a fellow gearslut who came to visit me last month and we recorded some acoustic using the e22s....I believe I used console preamp..Tonelux

had it around the 12 fret...see pics

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10017174-post11.html
Attached Files

Acoustic4_e22s.wav (9.26 MB, 837 views)

Old 16th July 2014
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
The C609 is just the preamp/body section of the e22S, they are not different mics. At the moment we don't make any other capsules for this body but the e22S. The e22S is intended for all closeup applications, not only drums.
Old 17th July 2014 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
Quote:
We are going to do a C42 / e22s video comparison very soon on acoustic sources. The e22s on piano (we own a 6' 1" Yamaha grand) is glorious, it excels at this application. In fact so far we haven't pointed an e22s at anything we didn't think sounded top notch all the way.

Incredible mic on anything, even guitar cabs.

War
Old 17th July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead ➡️
In fact so far we haven't pointed an e22s at anything we didn't think sounded top notch all the way.

Incredible mic on anything, even guitar cabs.

War
Agree 100%, like I said I have 3 of them.....it just a fantastic mic.
Old 25th September 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
did you ever solve the problem with the mic and guitar cab? I AM thinking of getting one for the same purpose.
acoustic guitars and guitar cabinets,
📝 Reply