Re-amping DI tracks through REDDI - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Re-amping DI tracks through REDDI
Old 27th February 2014
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Re-amping DI tracks through REDDI

Hey guys,

Just got my REDDI from Sweetwater along with a bag of candy (thanks Ed!), and pretty stoked to try it out with my Squier VM Jazz 5. But I have a question about electric guitar DI (in this case its an epiphone LP Baritone with EMG 81/60.

If it sounds good I will use it to track all guitars through it (Guitar > REDDI > ISA One > USBPre2)

My question is though, what about the guitar DI that I have already recorded? They are line level now obviously so I'd have to use the Little Labs 3d Phantom to bring them back to mic level, through the REDDI, and back into the interface, correct? What happens if I hit the REDDI's input with a line level DI direct from the interface?

The reason is there are some tricky guitar takes that I don't want to have to re-record if I can help it, but still get the REDDI mojo before hitting my amp sims. Am I wasting my time, and it will never sound the same as just recording them again through the REDDI?

Sorry if this is confusing! And thanks in advance!
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
When in doubt, try it. You'll know in a few minutes if it's an improvement. I would guess that most of the mojo comes from the Gtr level to line level conversion, but I'm guessing and in the time it took to read this you could have tried it.
Old 27th February 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude โžก๏ธ
When in doubt, try it. You'll know in a few minutes if it's an improvement. I would guess that most of the mojo comes from the Gtr level to line level conversion, but I'm guessing and in the time it took to read this you could have tried it.

Indeed my friend, only work and family is keeping me from trying it out for myself for a couple of days yet :( So hoping somebody else has tried it already or can offer some tips and tricks.

When I do get my hands on it I will report back here- maybe also upload some examples of my experiments
Old 6th May 2014
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
so did you try it. I was just thinking about doing something like this with my REDDI
Old 7th May 2014
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I would recommend giving it a go, I've had good luck reamping things sort of like this, and I plan to try doing it more.
๐Ÿ“ Reply