The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone heard of or used JLM Audio Preamps?
Old 15th August 2006
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Anyone heard of or used JLM Audio Preamps?

Check out this 8-channel Preamp from JLM Audio, an Australian company>

http://www.jlmaudio.com/TMP8.htm

Anyone had experience with it?
Old 15th August 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
JLM TMP8

I built a Dual JLM 99V kit, and it sounds awesome, as good as any high end pre. I don't have any experience with the TMP8 , but I saw a review, I think by Kirk Foster and he seems to like it, from what I recall he said the the TMP8 sounds close to API. I found the review here's the link.

http://www.recording.org/reviews-26.html
Old 15th August 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
cheers mate,

i hadn't checked out the kits...
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I built a Baby Animal a few weeks ago - sounds great!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Joe Malone and co are awesome!

I have used the TMP, but the MP8 rules! Another great take on the Neve 1272/1290 pre. sounds awesome. I haven't used the new version though... would be kken to give it a go. Joe????
Lives for gear

That mastering console looks awesome!!!

http://www.jlmaudio.com/mastering%20Console.htm
Old 16th August 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I've got a TMP8 right beside me here at work. It doesn't blow me away. I've gotten far better results out of his neve style 8 pack, not sure if he still makes those. It was a prototype at Modern Music that I had experience with.
Old 16th August 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
good quality meat pies form brissy!

I've used several of the Jo's products extensively and can say they are of very high build quality and sound fantastic.

I've used his Neve-type pres, the 99V's, and his type designed in that very famous english studio where a band with a bug-ish name recorded (you figure it out ).

also used his stereo pultec-type eq (the model with the .5 db steps) across the stereo buss while mixing the new dallas crane album.

all really good stuff. having 8 of each of his pres would be great ! they's all got different flavs.

and i found the pultec type eq was nice as well (otherwise i wouldn't have used it, obviously).

he's making some C1 type compressors soon, with a variable (instead of just switchable) HPF on the sidechain. so i'm waiting on one of those to fulfil "THAT"
flavour in my rack.

anyways, he's meticulous and in my conversations with him, i found he really "gets" how his compotent choices, etc., affect the results of the end-user.
thumbsup
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…